Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Yeah, this is the same rationale offered by the late, great CaliCuse. If the kid hasn't picked SU yet, that means he's not coming to SU. Of course, the kid hasn't picked any other team either, but for some reason that bodes poorly only for SU. The other schools are still in play.
Miami's looking to replace Newton. They've offered Quickley, but as pointed out above, he's got Kansas and UK offers. Miami also has offers out to Dotson and Dort (who's rated higher than Carey). Nova's situation has been reviewed above .. they have guards already. Basically, at SU Carey'd have the keys to the car. And I'm sure the staff's told him that. So I won't panic, but i'm getting an unsettled feeling because we're down to so few options (basically one) ... again... at PG. [By Edit: and I totally don't get it... with our record of putting guards in the NBA ...MCW, Dion, Flynn, Ennis, etc..].

Last edited:
Miami's looking to replace Newton. They've offered Quickley, but as pointed out above, he's got Kansas and UK offers. Miami also has offers out to Dotson and Dort (who's rated higher than Carey). Nova's situation has been reviewed above .. they have guards already. At SU, he'd have the keys to the car. And I'm sure the staff's told him. So I'll hang on, but i'm getting a queezy feeling because we're down to so few (basically one) option ... again.

Quentin Grimes is KU's top priority for PG I think. And I bet Quickley goes to UK,

Don't see him going to Miami unless he falls in love with the weather, and women. I think it's just an official he will take as a vacation. Zona didn't bother me because I don't think he's leaving the Northeast. Them being off the list makes me feel better, and believe my feeling is decent. UCon, and Rutgers are probably a courtesy. Still only worried a bit about Nova. Cuse, Nova, UCon. ACC ball, close to home, with a school that pumps PGs into the league. We shall see.

Don't see him going to Miami unless he falls in love with the weather, and women. I think it's just an official he will take as a vacation. Zona didn't bother me because I don't think he's leaving the Northeast. Them being off the list makes me feel better, and believe my feeling is decent. UCon, and Rutgers are probably a courtesy. Still only worried a bit about Nova. Cuse, Nova, UCon. ACC ball, close to home, with a school that pumps PGs into the league. We shall see.
UConn, oye. Don't even get me started on them. I dislike their fan base intensely. But they've had success in the tournament because they always seem to snare these baller guards that are impossible to contain ... Walker's a perfect example. Do I think they stack up as a program right now with SU? No .. not because of their program history, which is strong. But mostly because of their current organizational problems and their shaky conference situation. How much that all matters to Carey .. we'll see.

Last edited:
UConn, oye. Don't even get me started on them. I dislike their fan base intensely. But they've had success in the tournament because they always seem to snare these baller guards that are impossible to check ... Walker's a perfect example. Do I think they stack up as a program right now with SU? No .. not because of their program history, which is strong. But mostly because of their current organizational problems and their shaky conference situation. How much that all matters to Carey .. we'll see.
They just lost a PG to Rutgers. I'm not worried about UConn.

i'm getting an unsettled feeling because we're down to so few (basically one) option ... again... at PG.

I'm optimistic, but I understand your sentiments. We'd better land Carey because putting all our eggs in one basket and coming up empty won't fly two classes in a row.

As Francis said in his last pod; it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he chose Miami. The reasons you listed are factors but Larannaga is another coach who is really solid especially with detail/X's & O's and who players run through walls for. Good staff, new locker rooms, and really good players they have been signing lately.

Last edited:
As Francis said in his last pod; it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he chose Miami. The reasons you listed are factors but Larannaga is another coach who is really solid especially with detail/X's & O's and who players run through walls for. Good staff, new locker rooms, and really good players they have been signing lately.
You forgot their sub-8000 seat, bare-bones home arena.

Don't be fooled by Nova, Jalen... they're gonna start showing you more love now that Quinerly signed with Arizona. You're smarter than that. You were not their priority, you are #1 with Syracuse.

I guess I would put Miami over UCon after further thought. UCon may be a courtesy, but Miami could be a player with the talk around here. If that's the case, then I do like Red, Griff, and JB to beat out Miami. Nova just gives me a nauseous feeling. Carey is our guy, and he knows it. I hope the love we have shown for a while works out. Plus, the keys to the car. Not literally, NCAA.

Don't think this will be a Quade. Jay Wright can try to swoop in. Really think he wants to stay close to home is why I discounted Miami a bit, but things can change. Philly is close, so Nova bugs me coming in late though.

I don't know. Lose my mind thinking about this stuff, so I ramble. Can't wait for football to start. Just know that Carey is built for SU.

247 with UCon as the leaders, but 40/40 that it's us or KU. Who knows. I just hope to see Jalen in Orange. Wish Nova picked up a PG. Duke is out for us it seems, so do us a favor and go Nova. Providence is no fun.

Just gotta play our game and close this one out. We are the superior choice across the board. Let the dominos begin falling.

Last edited: