Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Its amazing how things with recruiting have turned. I'm not talking about just landing Bazley. I'm talking about putting the full court press out for Tucker, then being very active and visible during the AAU events all summer. Digging up Solejaz out of thin air. Adding Thrope rather than ridding out the Ayala roller coaster. Putting on a big push for Swider then turning around and landing Bazley. The staff seems to be involved with a lot more 19 kids than they usually would be while also keying on who they really want in 18. Getting Bazley to come in with Carey is another play that makes a great deal of sense.

Last edited:
For those who care about such things we've got four predictions on that crystal ball site to 2 for Kansas.

Of course you SHOULDNT care... Because Seton Hall still has one (lol) and back in November we led for Quade Green as well...until all of a sudden we didn't.

For those who care about such things we've got four predictions on that crystal ball site to 2 for Kansas.

Of course you SHOULDNT care... Because Seton Hall still has one (lol) and back in November we led for Quade Green as well...until all of a sudden we didn't.

So true. Heard last night from a terrific source that the coaches are extremely confident about landing Carey. To which my initial reaction was skepticism -- they were also extremely confident about Green, Tucker, etc.

We need this kid to pull the trigger. Need him in Orange.

So true. Heard last night from a terrific source that the coaches are extremely confident about landing Carey. To which my initial reaction was skepticism -- they were also extremely confident about Green, Tucker, etc.

We need this kid to pull the trigger. Need him in Orange.

I'm not going to get to worked up until his visit comes and goes. I think we are in good shape and have some other options but things can change rapidly.

Maybe it's just me, but the more and more I see of his clips the more he reminds me a little bit of D. Waiters.

I see some of him too. Just a skinnier version of him. The drive/dish at 0:10 was sick. Haven't had moves, explosiveness, in a play like that since probaby Waiters from the guard spot, IMO.

I see some of him too. Just a skinnier version of him. The drive/dish at 0:10 was sick. Haven't had moves, explosiveness, in a play like that since probaby Waiters from the guard spot, IMO.
And what was that stuff at 0:23-0:24? Nasty above the rim work ... reminding me of Dion and MCW.

"And that's your pointguard, folks!" (Bill Raftery)

Last edited:
Just like Baze, he was built to play here. A prototypical forward, and guard made to wear Orange.

That combo guard ability at the point, and point forward ability at the 4.

Carey, and Baze alone will give coaches nightmares. Throw in the rest, and they won't even have a chance to sleep.

Just like Baze, he was built to play here. A prototypical forward, and guard made to wear Orange.

That combo guard ability at the point, and point forward ability at the 4.

Carey, and Baze alone will give coaches nightmares. Throw in the rest, and they won't even have a chance to sleep.

Get Baze to get Carey and Carey to get King! ;)

Get Baze to get Carey and Carey to get King! ;)

rqcn1.jpg