Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Jalen can obviously score and he also has a good defensive reputation. However, I could not help but notice that the assist numbers were pretty low at least the last few games.

So, for anybody who has really seen him play entire games, and not just highlights, I gotta ask, he is a true PG or really more of a 2G ???

Jalen can obviously score and he also has a good defensive reputation. However, I could not help but notice that the assist numbers were pretty low at least the last few games.

So, for anybody who has really seen him play entire games, and not just highlights, I gotta ask, he is a true PG or really more of a 2G ???

More of a 2 than a 1.

More of a 2 than a 1.
Not having seen him play--

Could the concentration on scoring, as opposed to assisting, be in part due to the fact that he needs to score for his team to be successful?

Not having seen him play--

Could the concentration on scoring, as opposed to assisting, be in part due to the fact that he needs to score for his team to be successful?

Hard to say. I'd lean to that being the case. He certainly seems to have the tools to be a good PG, including handle and vision. He's just usually in attack mode. He will replace TB but will be different in that he will go to the basket a lot more ala Dion.

Like iommi said, more like Dion - but definitely a scorer and creates his own similar to both Battle and Dion.

Yeah, it's tough to really just point to one of those guys as a comparison. He has that scoring mentality of both. Gets to the basket like Dion but doesn't really bull his way to get there like DW. He's a more consistent shooter than Tyus but I haven't seen that step back game as proficient as Tyus.

Jalen is really his own guy. He can pass but like his dad said, he's a scorer, a bucket-getter.

Next year, Frank can pull back a little and be more of a game manager. With Baz, Carey and (pretty please) Oshae, the prospects are frightening.

Ranney is really good. They came in 4th-ranked in the state and have a ton of high-major talent. Today's performance came against top competition. He drilled some big shots too. Carey can fill it up from every level.

tenor.gif

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom