Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 74 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Still early but he was among those nominated...final roster will be picked Jan 16th!

Last edited:
He has a nice stroke. I could see Bazley facilitating the offense with 2 of Carey, Frank, Hughes and Buddy to either side at the 3 point line and the bigs at the baseline giving room for Darius to break his man down and draw a defender or two and letting him dish to whoever is left open

Your post just crystallized again how many 2's we have. Even Bazley is more of a 2/3 than anything else. It's going to be very interesting who winds up inside the Boeheim 7ircle of Trust. (Spelling of "circle" is intentional lol)

Your post just crystallized again how many 2's we have. Even Bazley is more of a 2/3 than anything else. It's going to be very interesting who winds up inside the Boeheim 7ircle of Trust. (Spelling of "circle" is intentional lol)
We say it every year, but next year he has to expand the rotation. We will have two centers that will demand time, because Sidibe is going to be a force. Four forwards, 3 will have experience and 1 may be our most talented player since Melo. And we will have a senior guard to go along with a blue chip freshman and a hand picked transfer. Then their is Washington and Buddy. At the very least, nine have to play, right?

We say it every year, but next year he has to expand the rotation. We will have two centers that will demand time, because Sidibe is going to be a force. Four forwards, 3 will have experience and 1 may be our most talented player since Melo. And we will have a senior guard to go along with a blue chip freshman and a hand picked transfer. Then their is Washington and Buddy. At the very least, nine have to play, right?

I hope you're right about Sidibe. They really need to get that knee issue resolved and get him in the weight room. It's pretty ironic that my only concern with him was his lack of strength, particularly with his legs. I had no clue it would be something like tendonitis that would derail his season. It really has hurt us immensely. If he were healthy all along, he'd actually be a post threat and very serviceable on the pick and roll.

Anyway, to your larger point, you would think we'd have to expand the rotation. Then again, SU right now is like a MLB team that has 7 starting pitchers in March. Then something happens (injuries, guys don't pan out) and the team is scrambling to fill out the rotation.

I'm not suggesting something will happen but as we have seen time and time again, maybe one or two guys leave whom we are not expecting to go.

If not, I really don't know how this will shake out.

I hope you're right about Sidibe. They really need to get that knee issue resolved and get him in the weight room. It's pretty ironic that my only concern with him was his lack of strength, particularly with his legs. I had no clue it would be something like tendonitis that would derail his season. It really has hurt us immensely. If he were healthy all along, he'd actually be a post threat and very serviceable on the pick and roll.

Anyway, to your larger point, you would think we'd have to expand the rotation. Then again, SU right now is like a MLB team that has 7 starting pitchers in March. Then something happens (injuries, guys don't pan out) and the team is scrambling to fill out the rotation.

I'm not suggesting something will happen but as we have seen time and time again, maybe one or two guys leave whom we are not expecting to go.

If not, I really don't know how this will shake out.
Reading between the lines here, Tyus and ...? (wut, ?, no -- they think he'll start hitting jumpers?).

Interesting that Wasserman dropped Battle out of the first round (and honorable mentions) for his latest mock.

I don't know that a mid-2nd round grade (and possibly undrafted) is a great start to an NBA career, but I understand that someone might have the self-confidence to beat the system

Frank 30-35 minutes
Carey 25-30 minutes
Hughes 20-25 minutes
Bazley 30-35 minutes
Brissett if returning 30-35 minutes
PC 20 mins
BS 20 mins
Buddy?

There's your rotation, IMO. I can't see Marek getting minutes and Moyer will get the minutes that Bazley/Brissett don't soak up, unless Hughes plays some SF. I really can't see them playing many minutes without major progress on the offensive end. I really can't see JB sacrificing offense to play them with how much we've struggled this year.

Buddy is a wild card. Who knows if he'll be ready to play. HW may be on the outside looking in, as well.

With the extremely athletic Bazley and Brissett playing the forward spots, and more perimeter depth, PLEASE JB, PRESS MORE. We've seen Moyer play the inbounder in the press and it seems to work, so maybe he can have a major role in our press?

Frank 30-35 minutes
Carey 25-30 minutes
Hughes 20-25 minutes
Bazley 30-35 minutes
PC 20 mins
BS 20 mins
Buddy?

There's your rotation, IMO. I can't see Marek getting minutes and Moyer will get the minutes that Bazley/Brissett don't soak up, unless Hughes plays some SF. I really can't see them playing many minutes without major progress on the offensive end. I really can't see JB sacrificing offense to play them with how much we've struggled this year.

Buddy is a wild card. Who knows if he'll be ready to play. HW may be on the outside looking in, as well.

With the extremely athletic Bazley and Brissett playing the forward spots, and more perimeter depth, PLEASE JB, PRESS MORE. We've seen Moyer play the inbounder in the press and it seems to work, so maybe he can have a major role in our press?

Again, gotta see who is back before we start figuring out how minutes will be divided.

Again, gotta see who is back before we start figuring out how minutes will be divided.
Agree!! I think we all know that pretty much everyone should be back...but if anyone is even remotely surprised if Battle and Brissett are both gone and someone else decides to leave, has not been following much Cuse basketball over the last ten years!

Agree!! I think we all know that pretty much everyone should be back...but if anyone is even remotely surprised if Battle and Brissett are both gone and someone else decides to leave, has not been following much Cuse basketball over the last ten years!
I’m completely confused. Where is Brissett going to go? Are you saying he might transfer?

Frank 30-35 minutes
Carey 25-30 minutes
Hughes 20-25 minutes
Bazley 30-35 minutes
PC 20 mins
BS 20 mins
Buddy?

PLEASE...PLEASE do NOT redshirt Buddy.

I’m completely confused. Where is Brissett going to go? Are you saying he might transfer?
I'm saying he has no business going pro(no one on this team does), but at this point, no one should be shocked if he went anyway.

IC lost on late basket. Carey was guarding the guy who made the game winner on a very nice drive. It’ll be interesting to see Carey handle the point guard spot, now that they've lost their starter.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom