Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 75 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

IC lost on late basket. Carey was guarding the guy who made the game winner on a very nice drive. It’ll be interesting to see Carey handed the point guard spot, now that they lost their starter.

Yeah, they had a nice little lead going into the 4th quarter. Lost a few tough ones this already season. But they play some really good comp!

Yeah, they had a nice little lead going into the 4th quarter. Lost a few tough ones this already season. But they play some really good comp!

For those like me in the DMV, Carey's team is playing WCAC power Gonzaga on Saturday at Gonzaga on Eye Street (6:15 pm). Gonzaga is loaded with P5 talent and just knocked off local #1 DeMatha last week (at DM's gym BTW). Per my son, who's both a Gonzaga alum and Cuse alum :). Get there early at the Carmody Center; it will be lit as the kids say.

For those like me in the DMV, Carey's team is playing WCAC power Gonzaga on Saturday at Gonzaga on Eye Street (6:15 pm). Gonzaga is loaded with P5 talent and just knocked off local #1 DeMatha last week (at DM's gym BTW). Per my son, who's both a Gonzaga alum and Cuse alum :). Get there early at the Carmody Center; it will be lit as the kids say.
I feel like I'm not young enough to use the word "lit".
If and when I'm ready to use it, the phrase will be long since obsolete.

Watched Jalen play tonight against Gonzaga HS in DC. He’s a super smooth player who seems to be under control at all times. His jumper is definitely a weapon, although he struggled a bit with it tonight. Got his teammates involved which I liked to see. IC played a bit of 2-3 zone and Jalen was active on top. I’m no talent evaluator but he will definitely be an asset next year. I see him coming off the bench and being instant offense. Possible he can start at the 2, if/when Tyus leaves. Especially if Hughes is no longer a 2 and has been moved down. As everyone has said he is def a combo more than a straight PG, but he’s very capable of it. He and Frank will work well together.

Believe me this.
N3faqMX.jpg

Euro step. Wow.

Sweet. That's some advanced stuff for a high school kid. Or at least it used to be.

Looks like there was no foul called on this play though? JC's teammates are running back to get set on D and meanwhile he got knocked out of bounds on his drive...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom