Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 76 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Screenshot_20180201-195924.png

if Battle leaves, who gets the backcourt start next year, Jalen or Hughes?

Or Buddy! I am intrigued by his 3pt shooting abilities. Hope he's spending time in the weight room as I think he will be the best 3* we've had in recent memory...

Or Buddy! I am intrigued by his 3pt shooting abilities. Hope he's spending time in the weight room as I think he will be the best 3* we've had in recent memory...
I feel like Carey would start in that situation to help Frank with ball handling duties. I'm not sure what Hughes or Boeheims ball handling abilities are but Carey seems like he's solid in that department.

I’d like to see Frank at the 1 and Jalen start at the 2 with Hughes receiving Waiters minutes at the 2.

It’d also be big if Hughes or Carey could handle 10 minutes at the 1 to let Frank have some time at the 2 where I believe it’d be easier for him to utilize his improving scoring abilities

https://basketballrecruiting./news/evans-seven-bubble-teams-that-would-love-to-have-2018-prospect

since the link doesn't work...

1. SYRACUSE

VERBAL COMMIT
10/4/2017
SYRACUSE
The Orange have battled through an up-and-down campaign this winter, relying heavily on Tyus Battle
- the former top-50 prospect is playing more than 40 minutes per game during ACC play. Syracuse remains in bubble conversations, and while the Orange do have more than enough chances at bolstering their resume in the coming weeks with games against Duke, UNC and Clemson, they might not be in this spot if it had the talents of Jalen Carey. The four-star guard would bring an immediate scoring punch to a Syracuse squad that has been challenged with putting the ball through the basket. Carey is a tough-nosed playmaker and scorer who would take some of the pressure off of Frank Howard and Battle, making the Orange a potential No. 8 or 9 seed rather than where they currently sit: on the outside looking in as March approaches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom