Class of 2018 - PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jalen Carey (NY/NJ) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

I know highlights have been posted of his game vs the Patrick school already but this highlight tape really shows off his skills. So much speed and ball handling skills that we have missed lately..this kid is going to be a stud for us! Also some good footage of valdir manuel.

I know highlights have been posted of his game vs the Patrick school already but this highlight tape really shows off his skills. So much speed and ball handling skills that we have missed lately..this kid is going to be a stud for us! Also some good footage of valdir manuel.
Wow,was Manuel lookin to fight at the end of the game?

Love love love Carey taking it to the hoop with game tied & clock running down.

Didn't get it but got the foul. Then calmly hit both free throws like a boss.

Liked his game here. Great intensity...got some flare to his game...he's gonna be a good one at SU. Not sure if it will happen as quickly as next year for him, but he should be really good as soon as Soph year, IMO.

Anyone kinda think he's type of recruit we may have lost to UCONN back when they were a legit Div 1 college basketball team?

Love love love Carey taking it to the hoop with game tied & clock running down.

Didn't get it but got the foul. Then calmly hit both free throws like a boss.

Liked his game here. Great intensity...got some flare to his game...he's gonna be a good one at SU. Not sure if it will happen as quickly as next year for him, but he should be really good as soon as Soph year, IMO.

Anyone kinda think he's type of recruit we may have lost to UCONN back when they were a legit Div 1 college basketball team?

He was also taking it at Majur Majek, a big-time shot blocker.

May have an earlier impct than Bazely. Hope Jalen can embrace and make use of 6th man minutes a year earlier than sophomore Dion

Love his game. He will be better than Bazley. Played better competition in HS and has NYC grit. Baz will be good but I don't see lottery pick after one year. Not hatting on Bazley just my humble opinion. Cuse guards are able to showcase their talents more the last few years

He won't be coming off the bench.
Can’t be certain of that until I see Hughes play

It'll be interesting to see what JB does. Starting Carey/Frank together will give them both a chance to be on and off the ball - since neither is a "pure PG" this might help both. Then Hughes can come in as either the 1/2/3. Although with Bazley, OB (hopefully) and Marek (hopefully) off the bench - Hughes may not see a whole lot of tiem at the 3.

It'll be interesting to see what JB does. Starting Carey/Frank together will give them both a chance to be on and off the ball - since neither is a "pure PG" this might help both. Then Hughes can come in as either the 1/2/3. Although with Bazley, OB (hopefully) and Marek (hopefully) off the bench - Hughes may not see a whole lot of tiem at the 3.

Maybe he will press a lot more and rotate people more as a result. The team will certainly have the talent and depth to do so.

Agree...Hughes may be playing a lot of 3 until Carey figures things out and then maybe a nice split between Frank/Hughes and Carey. I see Carey being effective with 2 good shooters on the floor and but he is on the floor with just 1 shooter teams playing off him daring him to shoot. My feeling is Boeheim will go with the hot shooter between Carey/Hughes and Boeheim (playing 3) and roll with them for that particular game unless one of them is consistently just lights out and can't be taken off the floor. Love to see Carey know how to play the 2 defensively and get into the passing lanes with steals to start fast breaks which he may excel at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom