Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the same feeling.

It's kinda like the feels the hometown offer is in the bag, and he's now trying to see if there's anything he likes better.

But in the meantime, if Quadir or Chance verbal, then that's probably his spot going away.
Especially since we already have Lands, and are also prioritizing Taylor.
We can only take so many guards.

Good problems to have indeed.

I get the same feeling.

It's kinda like the feels the hometown offer is in the bag, and he's now trying to see if there's anything he likes better.

But in the meantime, if Quadir or Chance verbal, then that's probably his spot going away.
Especially since we already have Lands, and are also prioritizing Taylor.
We can only take so many guards.
I wonder if JJ has a committable offer?

No offense, but - that’s not a concern.

That’s what we call a “happy problem”.

Bird in the hand.
Would rather actually land a good player, than hold out hoping for the ‘better’ player, and then end up not getting either.

See: Quade & Matt Coleman.
Bird in the hand sometimes is not better than one in the bush!

I find it unlikely that 11 schools are recruiting him equally hard.

Yeah, ditto.

And - at some point, you'd think it would get a little tiring for the player, to have to maintain ongoing relationships with eleven different groups of coaches.

Hasn't JJ just been waiting for a UNC offer at this point? I have no idea what he's going to do now

Short version: UNC is his dream school, but prior to his transfer to La Lumiere they hadn't reached out to him in any meaningful capacity, and probably aren't focused on him [aiming higher?]. Not clear if that might change, with Roy retiring and a new coaching staff taking over.

Short version: UNC is his dream school, but prior to his transfer to La Lumiere they hadn't reached out to him in any meaningful capacity, and probably aren't focused on him [aiming higher?]. Not clear if that might change, with Roy retiring and a new coaching staff taking over.

Appreciate your response! I figured that's what it was.

The reason I think he won't pick Cuse is definitely related to waiting for UNC. He'll wait as long as he can and it would behoove Cuse to lock in commits on an earlier timeline.

The reason I think he won't pick Cuse is definitely related to waiting for UNC. He'll wait as long as he can and it would behoove Cuse to lock in commits on an earlier timeline.

I'll disagree with the premise, but not the conclusion.

I don't think that UNC is going to pursue him -- but JJ has lots of great offers. He'll take his time and do due diligence, which is why SU needs to continue to actively recruit. I'd like to see them take two guards this class -- JJ is just one of several great prospects we are pursuing. If JJ wants to come back to play for his hometown team, awesome. First come, first serve.

Dream school nonsense. He was born and raised in Syracuse. Probably been to countless su games at the dome attended su basketball camps.

Dream school nonsense. He was born and raised in Syracuse. Probably been to countless su games at the dome attended su basketball camps.
No UNC is his dream school. If he gets an offer from the there he's a lock to there

As I’ve said a couple times over the years, I've “known” the kid since he was little. His sister played with my daughter in HS ball. He used to go to her games and shoot around during halftime. He’d often wear UNC stuff and he said he loved UNC. Why? Who knows.

As I’ve said a couple times over the years, I've “known” the kid since he was little. His sister played with my daughter in HS ball. He used to go to her games and shoot around during halftime. He’d often wear UNC stuff and he said he loved UNC. Why? Who knows.
That’s impossible. He is from Syracuse and may have attended a game or two.

No UNC is his dream school. If he gets an offer from the there he's a lock to there

They won't offer him. Even more we need too keep local stars home. For the most part we do though its through the JD pipeline. We have had a few get away through the years Cavanaugh JD Ben Cronin Henninger and brutally Greg Paulus CBA. Also part of these homegrown kids owe it to come to Syracuse. This is not Thomas Bryant or Isaiah Stewart Rochester kids. These are Syracuse kids. Need to keep them.

They won't offer him. Even more we need too keep local stars home. For the most part we do though its through the JD pipeline. We have had a few get away through the years Cavanaugh JD Ben Cronin Henninger and brutally Greg Paulus CBA. Also part of these homegrown kids owe it to come to Syracuse. This is not Thomas Bryant or Isaiah Stewart Rochester kids. These are Syracuse kids. Need to keep them.
Why do they owe it to Syracuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.