Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, sounds like UNC is getting their point guard. Of course JJ could play SG, but hopefully UNC continues to looks elsewhere.

UNC is also rumored to be close to locking up 2023 5 star PG Robert Dillingham.

There was talk he wouldn't stay here because he's a UNC fan but now we think he's going to Duke?

Kid is a life-long UNC fan. Prior to his departure to La Lumiere, UNC hadn't recruited him in any meaningful way. That could change, but I'm not sure that UNC is a player in JJ's recruitment.

He's blowing up, so the offer from Duke shouldn't be a surprise. Just means that the competition to land him got stiffer. Heck, maybe him being a UNC fan means that he won't consider Duke [you never know], despite that being a blue-chip offer.

Kid is a life-long UNC fan. Prior to his departure to La Lumiere, UNC hadn't recruited him in any meaningful way. That could change, but I'm not sure that UNC is a player in JJ's recruitment.

He's blowing up, so the offer from Duke shouldn't be a surprise. Just means that the competition to land him got stiffer. Heck, maybe him being a UNC fan means that he won't consider Duke [you never know], despite that being a blue-chip offer.
UNC is getting a PG tommorow. Should help our chances

Just some recent examples but Caleb Love was a life long Duke fan but they never recruited him so he went to UNC. Pat Tape (lol) was a life long UNC fan but went to Duke.

End of the day, who knows whats going on with these kids.

If UNC is his dream school and he is a die-hard fan, is the Duke offer an automatic?? They are not only rivals but hate each other. I know that as a die-hard Syr fan, I am only going to Georgetown, UConn, Pitt, etc., if they are the only offer I have.

And I do get that the Duke education is much better than the schools I named above. For players basketball is the education.

If UNC is his dream school and he is a die-hard fan, is the Duke offer an automatic?? They are not only rivals but hate each other. I know that as a die-hard Syr fan, I am only going to Georgetown, UConn, Pitt, etc., if they are the only offer I have.

And I do get that the Duke education is much better than the schools I named above. For players basketball is the education.
A Duke offer probably holds the most weight now, maybe Kentucky being 2nd. Getting an offer like that shows validation. So you get these top 100 kids who commit to Duke because its Duke and then dip after a year for a better bball fit (Jordan Tucker, Jaemyn Brakefield, Henry Coleman, etc). Probably will see more of that happening due to the nature of the no sit out rule.

But again, K is out the door so this might hold up for a couple years if Scheyer can't get the ground running.

A Duke offer probably holds the most weight now, maybe Kentucky being 2nd. Getting an offer like that shows validation. So you get these top 100 kids who commit to Duke because its Duke and then dip after a year for a better bball fit (Jordan Tucker, Jaemyn Brakefield, Henry Coleman, etc). Probably will see more of that happening due to the nature of the no sit out rule.
oh, I agree with what you are saying. I am saying that taking into account that Duke is the hated rival of his favorite team, that the Duke offer still looks good but not an automatic.

Just some recent examples but Caleb Love was a life long Duke fan but they never recruited him so he went to UNC. Pat Tape (lol) was a life long UNC fan but went to Duke.

End of the day, who knows whats going on with these kids.

Completely agree -- who knows.

And Kevin Huerter’s dream school was Syracuse. IMO usually if you don’t treat a kid like a priority (even if it is their dream school) they usually go elsewhere.
That kid would have been would be a legend on the hill if we had taken him.

If JJ comes and is as good as advertised he could be one of the most popular players in Syracuse history.

We are much closer here than people think…

Do you have visibility, any way he signs if Copeland does? Would love to have them of course, but it just seems like that would be a very crowded back court for borderline five-star guys who expect to get the bulk of the minutes from day one. Mind you we would likely have Joe/Samir as seniors that season as well.

Would be a hell of a sales job by the staff.

We asked this kid to go to prep school instead of finding a roster spot for him. He was a major casualty of the sanctions.
He’s dating HCSS daughter so he still has Cuse ties :)

Do you have visibility, any way he signs if Copeland does? Would love to have them of course, but it just seems like that would be a very crowded back court for borderline five-star guys who expect to get the bulk of the minutes from day one. Mind you we would likely have Joe/Samir as seniors that season as well.

Being a local guy, I think he’d have more of an opportunity for NLI benefits if he stays local.

I just see any way that we land 2 of 3 and Taylor and Lands. I think we are first to sign situation unless we just get unbelievably lucky

I expect this weekend to be huge. If he pulls the trigger that makes Chance the odd man out. Lsu pushing hard and expect them to sell them on chance being able to play a ton. If chance is blown away by lsu, this staff isn’t waiting on anything with the amount of eggs in the basket. This weekend will dictate the next 2-3 years for the program

I expect this weekend to be huge. If he pulls the trigger that makes Chance the odd man out. Lsu pushing hard and expect them to sell them on chance being able to play a ton. If chance is blown away by lsu, this staff isn’t waiting on anything with the amount of eggs in the basket. This weekend will dictate the next 2-3 years for the program
Cut to the chase. Who are we getting this weekend?

It’s almost hard to believe you won’t get 2 this weekend. Maybe 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.