Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
board created fact

Was just about to mention how narratives grow legs around here.

I do see where goose is coming from though. When we had Dior in the fold, he was seemingly to 4th option in terms of where the board had him. Some was attributed to a salty past with Dior.

What doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies is that we haven't seen any real indication that being in his backyard is an advantage from his perspective. I thought it was curious he's only been to a couple games, etc.

UNC still worries me. If they ever offer…..It’s his childhood favorite school and look at this chart for SG.

edit: I think verbal commits positions some guys differently than unc plans to.

8590D118-4DB2-4C91-887A-0F3E1F94C823.jpeg

As a UNC fan would he really want to wear a Duke uniform?
When Scheyer shows him the amount of money Dook players have made in the league and how playing for the Dook brand can help build his profile in the NIL age and beyond it won’t matter who he grew up cheering for.

Not saying I think he’s a lost cause but I would be shocked if this was an angle that crosses his mind.

When Scheyer shows him the amount of money Dook players have made in the league and how playing for the Dook brand can help build his profile in the NIL age and beyond it won’t matter who he grew up cheering for.

Not saying I think he’s a lost cause but I would be shocked if this was an angle that crosses his mind.
What about how much they made just to go to Duke?

Wonder what the deal is? Surprised there's no update from anyone yet.

theres been a number of kids today not playing. Even Copeland only played about 2 mins. I think kids are wearing down.

JJ is a talent and I’m gonna enjoy watching him wherever he goes.
He has an opportunity to be a hometown hero and that is a special
I would think he watched Cuse growing up

theres been a number of kids today not playing. Even Copeland only played about 2 mins. I think kids are wearing down.

flips not even playing today. I’m sure he didn’t go home cause they are one of the favs. Sure it’s a coaches decision to get him some rest. Same with Roddy Gayle in the rens.

flips not even playing today. I’m sure he didn’t go home cause they are one of the favs. Sure it’s a coaches decision to get him some rest. Same with Roddy Gayle in the rens.
When I even hear Roddy I kinda …. well
Should have locked that dawg but we move on

Rumpel has been pretty good. Really quick. Gets a little out of control at times. Solid numbers.
In 5 games, he's averaged 9.8 PPG. The 3rd game he played 18 minutes and only scored 1 point. His other games have been 10, 12, 12, 14. Shooting 62% from the field. Made his one and only three. Also averaging 5.0 RPG and 2.6 APG (3.6 TOPG).

Thanks. He is starting to come into his own. Super quick, GREAT handle. Suspect outside shot that has vastly improved. He's starting to get noticed. Good kid, wish him the best.

The Peach Jam tournament, the premier high school basketball showcase event that annually attracts the best college prospects from around the country — and team sponsors like LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony and Russell Westbrook — is limping to Sunday’s finish line after players on at least five boys’ teams tested positive for the virus in recent days.

Among them are two prominent players from New York: Kyle Filipowski, a 6-foot-11 forward who is being heavily targeted by Duke and Kentucky among others, and J.J. Starling, a 6-foot-4 guard who is considering Syracuse, Stanford, Alabama, Connecticut and Notre Dame among a long list of suitors.

Starling’s father, Patrick, said his son tested positive for the virus on Monday and initially had a headache and fever. According to Patrick, none of J.J.’s teammates had tested positive. Isolating in his hotel room, the younger Starling streamed his team’s Wednesday game on his phone and his dad provided orange juice and flu medicines. Though J.J.’s feeling better, the Starlings may have to remain here until he can test negative in order to fly home. His next test was scheduled for Friday.

“He’s hurting by not being out here playing,” Patrick said. “He’s been waiting for two years to be able to compete here. All these players deserve to be here. It’s the biggest opportunity of all.”

The Peach Jam tournament, the premier high school basketball showcase event that annually attracts the best college prospects from around the country — and team sponsors like LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony and Russell Westbrook — is limping to Sunday’s finish line after players on at least five boys’ teams tested positive for the virus in recent days.

Among them are two prominent players from New York: Kyle Filipowski, a 6-foot-11 forward who is being heavily targeted by Duke and Kentucky among others, and J.J. Starling, a 6-foot-4 guard who is considering Syracuse, Stanford, Alabama, Connecticut and Notre Dame among a long list of suitors.

Starling’s father, Patrick, said his son tested positive for the virus on Monday and initially had a headache and fever. According to Patrick, none of J.J.’s teammates had tested positive. Isolating in his hotel room, the younger Starling streamed his team’s Wednesday game on his phone and his dad provided orange juice and flu medicines. Though J.J.’s feeling better, the Starlings may have to remain here until he can test negative in order to fly home. His next test was scheduled for Friday.

“He’s hurting by not being out here playing,” Patrick said. “He’s been waiting for two years to be able to compete here. All these players deserve to be here. It’s the biggest opportunity of all.”

Awful- that really sucks for these kids. We are heading the wrong direction again just as we start heading into the fall sports seasons and mostly with the younger crowd too.

Would they want them to play together?

You would think in any event Cuse has an easier road to immediate PT for Starling. Plus Quadir would be the best of both worlds for him, a good kid to improve against in practice but a guy he feels he can beat out for playing time.
I worry about Alabama in this recruitment. They must be printing NIL $ down there. Time for Weisman to step up.

How unfortunate. I assume he flew down there and has been vaccinated. Great well soon JJ. Hope no one else on the team gets sick. Didn't I read Kyle sat out action yesterday? Hope this is not related to JJ being sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.