Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
JJ likes the flip commitment

Screenshot_20210729-115303_Instagram.jpg

And JJ couldn't sniff either of their jocks with respect to playmaking nor ball handling.
That kind of proves his point though. He didn't say JJ is the best guard we've ever had (at least I hope that's not what he was trying to say) just that we haven't had anyone else like him.

I was thinking that both JJ and Lands are about as complete scorers as we've ever had coming out of high school, meaning they are elite at shooting from deep, mid range, and scoring around the basket. The only other guy I can think of in their class as far as being a complete scorer was Devendorf. Crazy that we might get 2 of the top 3 in the same class if things break right for us.

And JJ couldn't sniff either of their jocks with respect to playmaking nor ball handling.
Not sure that they are a fair bar by which to measure any playmaking PG. Sherm was all-time NCAA assist leader, and he had guys like DC, Rony and Stevie to toss it to. Pearl literally changed the game of basketball with his cross-over. (There is a great video on the history and evolution of the cross-over, and it all goes back to Pearl.)

How about Dion? He was awesome on the drive, and shot 36% from 3, 73% FT as a soph.

Jonny Flynn was dynamic as hell, but not quite a knock-down 3 point shooter.
Eric Devendorf qualifies as a guy who was really good off the bounce and a knockdown shooter.

edit: Didn’t see he was mentioned above.

Also, while he had other flaws John Gillon could go off the bounce and shoot it.

Last edited:
His visits would possibly suggest proximity to home may not be weighed that heavily. A Stanford degree would be a great degree to have if that element in this process is of importance to him. Good luck to him no matter which direction this goes for Syracuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.