Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be pricy and the culture a little unique but Palo Alto is a pretty sweet spot to spend your college years.
I worked for a Palo Alto tech company. Loved going out to the office there.

CEO was a dick, but, that happens.

If he doesn't land with us I'd feel great about him going far, far away to Stanford.

I worked for a Palo Alto tech company. Loved going out to the office there.

CEO was a dick, but, that happens.

If he doesn't land with us I'd feel great about him going far, far away to Stanford.

Yeah I really enjoyed my visits when I worked for the company based out of Concord. Just so much to see and do.

He is going to continue to take his time. He wants to be the man wherever he goes. Unfortunately su is getting a little crowded for that scenario if you know what I mean
How is Syracuse more crowded than any other program? I assume you don’t mean the hopefully impending commitment of Quadir because you would think JJ would not be scared off by him.

How is Syracuse more crowded than any other program? I assume you don’t mean the hopefully impending commitment of Quadir because you would think JJ would not be scared off by him.
We will have 3 commits in 2022. All 3 of which play guard in various respects. Is he scared? No. But there are a lot of guards and we have a coach that doesn’t knowingly go deep

He is looking for a perfect scenario where he is given the only key to the kingdom

This is my frustration. People don’t think Dior, a top 10 player in the class, will have competition at a place like Oregon? It doesn’t seem to be scaring him off. Why wouldn’t Starling be the man at Cuse? Especially with Buddy graduating.

B
We will have 3 commits in 2022. All 3 of which play guard in various respects. Is he scared? No. But there are a lot of guards and we have a coach that doesn’t knowingly go deep
But they’re selling him on being the man.

I can see him going to Stanford due to the academics. But, I also know they are a close family. Would be tough for them to see him much being on the far west coast. Leaving SU out of the equation, ND could be the landing spot unless UNC offers.

I can see him going to Stanford due to the academics. But, I also know they are a close family. Would be tough for them to see him much being on the far west coast. Leaving SU out of the equation, ND could be the landing spot unless UNC offers.
How far is a flight from syracuse to South bend area like what hour? Only similar distance flight I can think of that I took was Newburgh to Charlotte and Albany to Chicago. Drive wise I’d assume that’s like 9 hours. So closeness is definitely an option with ND. I was surprised that Marquette wasn’t interested atleast pre firing of Woj because Starling fits the mold of the lead guard Woj liked having, someone who goes out there and runs the show. They’ve also recruited more towards our way in the past.

How far is a flight from syracuse to South bend area like what hour? Only similar distance flight I can think of that I took was Newburgh to Charlotte and Albany to Chicago. Drive wise I’d assume that’s like 9 hours. So closeness is definitely an option with ND. I was surprised that Marquette wasn’t interested atleast pre firing of Woj because Starling fits the mold of the lead guard Woj liked having, someone who goes out there and runs the show. They’ve also recruited more towards our way in the past.
You can't fly to South Bend. If you want to get to South Bend from Syracuse, I think your best bet is to fly direct into Chicago and drive there.

A flight from Syracuse to Chicago is going to be about 2 hours and 10 minutes. Assuming everything goes well, the weather is optimal, etc.

The drive from O'Hare to South Bend is about 2 hours assuming there is no traffic.

With parking, security, checking and getting your bags, renting a car, you are probably looking at 6 or 7 hours from the time you arrive at the Syracuse airport to the time you arrive in South Bend. More if there is traffic.

You can't fly to South Bend. If you want to get to South Bend from Syracuse, I think your best bet is to fly direct into Chicago and drive there.

A flight from Syracuse to Chicago is going to be about 2 hours and 10 minutes. Assuming everything goes well, the weather is optimal, etc.

The drive from O'Hare to South Bend is about 2 hours assuming there is no traffic.

With parking, security, checking and getting your bags, renting a car, you are probably looking at 6 or 7 hours from the time you arrive at the Syracuse airport to the time you arrive in South Bend. More if there is traffic.
Thats how I remember it when I went to a football game vs syracuse in '05. Everything about South Bend sucked. Sorry ND.

im not even thinking of flying to south bend. Driving might be a pain but it’s far cheaper and maybe shorter than a flight to Cali.

Don't forget about the NIL. Very feasible NIL deals can pay for rent for family to have a house even in Cali to be able to see more games.

There is always traffic around Chitown. I-90 between O'Hare and downtown is usually a parking lot. Better bet to ND is to fly into Midway on Southwest if you can.

Next!!! If he can’t beat out Joe Girard and Symir for a starting spot then perhaps it is better he goes to another school.

im not even thinking of flying to south bend. Driving might be a pain but it’s far cheaper and maybe shorter than a flight to Cali.
Another option is Amtrak Lakeshore limited direct to South Bend, leaves Syracuse about 9PM and arrives in South Bend the following morning.

In Palo Alto or any other nearby place? Isn’t a single-wide trailer in that area $750k?

The North Bay is actually much more reasonable in spots. Also we are talking rent not buying which while still is high but if you can snag some good NIL deals...

Even with Quadir Copelands impending commitment, Justin Taylor coming in and most likely having Joe and Symir back...I still feel like there’s a chance the staff can make this one happen. I’m not saying it will happen (fingers crossed), but you have to think they are promising him to come in and start at the off ball guard spot with Buddy gone next year and that he’s heavily thinking about it.
It would definitely be a crowded backcourt, but in all honesty JJ looks like he would be the best option to start at the 2, out those five guys.

QC is a pure point, Joe is a bit too small to play the 2 (unless matched up with QC) ST still has to prove himself and looks to be a pure 1 and right now JJ is simply more ready to come in and contribute from day 1 over JT and it’s no debate. This kid is a killer and if he commits, the minutes will be there.

At the very least, I think it goes down to the wire with his decision and either chooses the hometown Cuse or the other school that ends up at top of his list.

JJ coming home though, would put us over the top and into the national spotlight once again and you gotta think it’s intriguing for the young man, to be the hometown hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.