Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one can offer more than Stanford when it comes to NIL... I expect him to be at Stanford but cuse still pursuing
How can no school offer more $$ than Stanford in terms of NIL? That’s a strange assertion with no evidence to back up what you’re saying. Can you elaborate? Because of Silicon Valley? Not sure how that factors in at all. Google, Facebook, and other tech companies aren’t giving marginal college basketball players endorsement deals.

How can no school offer more $$ than Stanford in terms of NIL? That’s a strange assertion with no evidence to back up what you’re saying. Can you elaborate? Because of Silicon Valley? Not sure how that factors in at all. Google, Facebook, and other tech companies aren’t giving marginal college basketball players endorsement deals.
Stanford’s aluminum base is pretty successful overall wouldnt you say?

I didn’t think this needed an explanation. It’s Stanford. The alumni. The tech. The valley. And now you’re saying JJ is a marginal basketball player and he shouldn’t expect a deal? It’s one of the most prestigious and wealthiest schools in America and I guarantee JJ would make more NIL money there than coming to syracuse. How much NIL money is buddy making ? People think this hometown thing is a cash cow.. News flash, people in Syracuse aren’t throwing any money at these kids now are they ? Cmon you can’t compare Syracuse to stanford at all

I didn’t think this needed an explanation. It’s Stanford. The alumni. The tech. The valley. And now you’re saying JJ is a marginal basketball player and he shouldn’t expect a deal? It’s one of the most prestigious and wealthiest schools in America and I guarantee JJ would make more NIL money there than coming to syracuse. How much NIL money is buddy making ? People think this hometown thing is a cash cow.. News flash, people in Syracuse aren’t throwing any money at these kids now are they ? Cmon you can’t compare Syracuse to stanford at all
I won't argue that Stanford has a lot of potential in the NIL area, but right now all that comes up when you google Stanford and NIL is David Shaw talking about Nick Saban.

The bottom line is JJ wants to get to the NBA. Stanford is not a hot spot for putting players in the NBA. That’s one of the main things he’s looking for. Some people around him question if SU will prepare him for the NBA.

Yah great school, but it's not like people in Palo Alto are dying over basketball recruits.
Agreed, extremely successful alumni does not equate to spending the most on NIL for their school. Guaranteed that most of the graduates do not care enough to spend money on a random kid from New York to come to Stanford, the culture is not the same the way it is in say the SEC.

I won't argue that Stanford has a lot of potential in the NIL area, but right now all that comes up when you google Stanford and NIL is David Shaw talking about Nick Saban.
Yep, the statement may be true but there’s just no evidence or proof of it right now. Heck, the Stanford alumni base may find the entire NIL concept offensive.

The bottom line is JJ wants to get to the NBA. Stanford is not a hot spot for putting players in the NBA. That’s one of the main things he’s looking for. Some people around him question if SU will prepare him for the NBA.
They've had 3 guys picked in the last 3 years including a lotto pick this year. We've had 1 2nd rd pick in the last 4 drafts and our last lotto pick was MCW 8 years ago. They're on pretty equal footing as us in that aspect unless we're going to start arguing about things when he was 6 years old.

They've had 3 guys picked in the last 3 years including a lotto pick this year. We've had 1 2nd rd pick in the last 4 drafts and our last lotto pick was MCW 8 years ago. They're on pretty equal footing as us in that aspect unless we're going to start arguing about things when he was 6 years old.
You can’t discount MCW, Waiters, etc. JB was the coach then so people shouldn’t be saying JB can’t get players drafted. He’s actually got players drafter higher than they should have. It’s up to the players once they get drafted to stay in the league.

MCW has made $20 million in salary with another $3 million coming this season. So he should not be discounted under any meaning of the word. Dion has made $67 million.
I think these numbers are worth a mention. Also demonstrates that NIL is sexy but these guys should not let the tail wag the dog. Getting to the league is the ultimate goal. JJ and his family come across as the type of people who get that.

You can’t discount MCW, Waiters, etc. JB was the coach then so people shouldn’t be saying JB can’t get players drafted. He’s actually got players drafter higher than they should have. It’s up to the players once they get drafted to stay in the league.
In what world are people saying JB can't get players drafted? Anyone that does is a moron. I was responding to you stating that Stanford is not a hot spot for getting players drafted when they've done it 3 years in a row and just had a guy go in the lotto 2 weeks ago. They have another top 20 kid coming in this year so that's likely to continue.

They have way better weather and academics along with a better campus but we are the hometown school with a legendary coach and the ACC is a superior conference. He can't really go wrong with either choice. If you're a kid and get admitted to Stanford, that's near impossible to turn down.

Last edited:
In what world are people saying JB can't get players drafted? Anyone that does is a moron. I was responding to you stating that Stanford is not a hot spot for getting players drafted when they've done it 3 years in a row and just had a guy go in the lotto 2 weeks ago. They have another top 20 kid coming in this year so that's likely to continue.

They have way better weather and academics along with a better campus but we are the hometown school with a legendary coach and the ACC is a superior conference. He can't really go wrong with either choice. If you're a kid and get admitted to Stanford, that's near impossible to turn down.
That was my original post. Some of the people around JJ are not convinced SU can prepare him for the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom