Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 76 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malachi Richardson, Joe Girard, Oshae Brissett, Tyus Battle, Tyler Ennis all played big minutes and averaged double figure ppg. in the last 10 years. Richardson and Ennis were "featured" enough to be drafted in the first round.
I guess my definition of featured is different than other peoples.

But Duke has no freshman point guards for that model?
Cmon man. You know what he means.

Ennis got the rock from day 1. Duke is gonna have like 6 5* there lol. There’s no way JJ is the dude at Duke

Sure being a Boeheim helps. But the real message will be to be an exciting player and the opportunity’s there to make money. Buddy’s not earning opportunities because he’s his dad’s son.
Yea and no. All the post game interviews during the tournament were father/son based

Sure being a Boeheim helps. But the real message will be to be an exciting player and the opportunity’s there to make money. Buddy’s not earning opportunities because he’s his dad’s son.
Come on…..

I must have missed something because I don’t see anyone demeaning JJ.
My bad, I should have been clearer. I was referring to the comments in this thread about Flip:
This seems like a pretty dumb quote, so did they sell him something different or he just liked the campus. He doesn’t make it clear if the pitch was different or is it just that it’s Duke so the prestige made it feel like home?

Either way, could care less about this kid and hope they continue to miss the tourney.
Can’t wait for flip to flame out and transfer

This is not a pro duke statement more so than a talent statement. If the kid wants to be as good as he can be and play at the next level, don’t you think duke is the best option? Playing against 5 star players in practice every single day will make you better. Iron sharpens iron. This is why I’m never shocked when someone chooses duke over Syracuse. And until Syracuse has draft classes in the nba like duke this will always be the case. Great players want to play with great players. Not sure why this is so difficult for everyone to get...
I always appreciate your insight bdog that's a different perspective than I've considered. It got me thinking and there is definitely some merit in that. That said, I really don't think many "kids" that commit to the devils are doing so to practice against elite talent to get better. I think some, perhaps.

I really believe it's more of "I made it" feel. If you get an offer from Duke, Kentucky, or North Carolina, you can get a feeling like you made it - validation. The problem with that, well, we all know the reality. Nonetheless, just offering a slightly different perspective.

He looks VERY OVER SHADOWED at Duke.

We have the bright orange sunshine and the most romantic orange moonshine.
Hopefully that seat he's sitting on doesn't feel too comfortable. Don't get me wrong, I believe JJ is good enough to be a starter at Duke, but it's certainly no lock. We all know that. He goes to Cuse (or, vomit, Ndame) he's the man and there is no question that he is the dude. In Durham, it truly is questionable how involved he actually will be. That's just the truth.

My bad, I should have been clearer. I was referring to the comments in this thread about Flip:
I wasn’t demeaning him for being confident in his decision, everyone has there reasons for choosing a school and I really do not get upset when a recruit doesn’t choose to come here, I was just pointing out that his quote didn’t make much sense.

JJ trying to throw everyone for a loop? Also, Peter Carey is all over the cuse stuff on IG...done deal!

Screenshot_20210927-004256_Instagram.jpg

The relationship established by Symir and the current team has been massive. JJ was around the guys all visit. Some serious work put into this one
That's great...I can tell you one thing, if JJ was with Sy and Bol during the weekend he was here on his visit then it definitely looked like a fun weekend as a college student!

There is some logic there that is concerning. We want a guy to be our featured guy that apparently won't get off the bench at one of our conference rivals?
Just realistic. JJ would be our best recruit. Plus Gbinije worked out nicely for example. History has shown we can take lesser ranked players and beat Duke.
Plus rankings don’t mean anything once the game starts. And rankings are often inaccurate.

Can someone find the Sy tweet months ago saying JJ would be next? I'd like to hold someone accountable if we lose out besides just GMAC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom