Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 75 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Duke drops a bag off we intercept and steal the bag and give it to a recruit making him think it's from us is that a NCAA violation? I know it's a crime :) but other than that is it a NCAA violation?
I think it’s called the Law of Transivity. I can’t really explain it other than to say we’d be totally screwed and he’d end up at Duke anyway.

This is an emotional response from a young man who is excited to be included in an elite program and is understandable.

the proof is in the pudding now

Better produce or be lost in the depths of forgotten recruits riding wood

This is not a pro duke statement more so than a talent statement. If the kid wants to be as good as he can be and play at the next level, don’t you think duke is the best option? Playing against 5 star players in practice every single day will make you better. Iron sharpens iron. This is why I’m never shocked when someone chooses duke over Syracuse. And until Syracuse has draft classes in the nba like duke this will always be the case. Great players want to play with great players. Not sure why this is so difficult for everyone to get...

This is not a pro duke statement more so than a talent statement. If the kid wants to be as good as he can be and play at the next level, don’t you think duke is the best option? Playing against 5 star players in practice every single day will make you better. Iron sharpens iron. This is why I’m never shocked when someone chooses duke over Syracuse. And until Syracuse has draft classes in the nba like duke this will always be the case. Great players want to play with great players. Not sure why this is so difficult for everyone to get...
That is one side of the coin. However, I do know that JJ's camp is interested in him being the man. About all I have got out of that but it is real. That is why I stated that ND worries me.

I think it also depends on what we want. Do we want teams of 5 stars or teams that win? They are not mutually exclusive but not necessarily linked together either.

Hopefully we'll only have to endure the ugly pics he will probably be posting soon in a crappy looking dookie uniform saying #notcommitted for just a short time until he shares the new ones he took in a beautiful orange uni that say #commited :)

Hopefully we'll only have to endure the ugly pics he will probably be posting soon in a crappy looking dookie uniform saying #notcommitted for just a short time until he shares the new ones he took in a beautiful orange uni that say #commited :)
I want him to say, “Brotherhood shmotherhood, I’m running with my neighborhood.”

Getting to work out against high-level competition every day is important. The level of coaching expertise directing those activities is just as important.

Ehhh. There’s a group of players there that may have been drafted somewhere else had they not gone to Duke. Trevon DuVal comes to mind.

Some guys get buried as the 4th option.

Great players want to play with great players. Not sure why this is so difficult for everyone to get...
100%. The perception out there, based at least partially on fact, is that only the "best" players are recruited by and sign with Duke and Kentucky. And beyond that, why demean a KID for feeling confident and legitimized?

Kids dont get drafted because of Duke. Good players are discovered on a global basis. PT is important. You dont get discovered sitting the bench or being a role player. He will be featured at SU.
We are a better choice because of this.

Kids dont get drafted because of Duke. Good players are discovered on a global basis. PT is important. You dont get discovered sitting the bench or being a role player. He will be featured at SU.
We are a better choice because of this.
Who was the last freshman “featured” here? It’s probably been over a decade.

Who was the last freshman “featured” here? It’s probably been over a decade.
Malachi Richardson, Joe Girard, Oshae Brissett, Tyus Battle, Tyler Ennis all played big minutes and averaged double figure ppg. in the last 10 years. Richardson and Ennis were "featured" enough to be drafted in the first round.

Malachi Richardson, Joe Girard, Oshae Brissett, Tyus Battle, Tyler Ennis all played big minutes and averaged double figure ppg. in the last 10 years. Richardson and Ennis were "featured" enough to be drafted in the first round.
Ennis got national press as the key to 25-0 start. Landed on cover of SI at start of tourney with Melo: “can another freshman lead Cuse to title?” Ennis is best model for JJ

Ennis got national press as the key to 25-0 start. Landed on cover of SI at start of tourney with Melo: “can another freshman lead Cuse to title?” Ennis is best model for JJ
But Duke has no freshman point guards for that model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom