Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright finally heard back - guessing the delay from the coaches was the Peter news. Really nothing new or "feeling" as of today on the JJ battle. Least our assistant coach thinks it's between us and Duke, it's good news that he hasn't committed fast to Duke after his visit but the coaches think Duke is the leader. He also confirmed the family has kept everything really close, want guaranteed PT (Luckily, JB did say to the family that the keys will be available for him) and they see him being more of a 2 year plan for the NBA.
Thanks! Sounds about right...I still have a yucky feeling but the Carey commitment has me feeling good about this class regardless of what happens. Hopefully we know soon so we can go in another direction...transfer portal could be the best option here if JJ decides on Duke. Not sure if there's anything still available thats worth filling that spot.

What Florida star was projected as high as Melo?

LOL. Ahem...

Al Horford was drafted #3 overall.
Corey Brewer 7th.
Joakim Noah 9th.

So - basically ALL OF THEM.

(now, I'll give you that this occurred after their SECOND NATTY, not the first.
But, we cannot replay history such that they didn't come back, because they all did.)

Alright finally heard back - guessing the delay from the coaches was the Peter news. Really nothing new or "feeling" as of today on the JJ battle. Least our assistant coach thinks it's between us and Duke, it's good news that he hasn't committed fast to Duke after his visit but the coaches think Duke is the leader. He also confirmed the family has kept everything really close, want guaranteed PT (Luckily, JB did say to the family that the keys will be available for him) and they see him being more of a 2 year plan for the NBA.
Thanks. Can't really blame the coaches if this goes south. Hometown vs Duke. I know I went away to college instead of staying home. But I wasn't a top basketball recruit either. Hopefully the hat is Orange.

I'm excited to see a local CNY kid make it. I hope it's with Cuse but understand if he picks Duke.

And yet - Florida had their stars return from a Natty, and then won another one.

So, while it's very uncommon, it's not like it never happens.
it was a different time. different era. things have changed.

Thanks! Sounds about right...I still have a yucky feeling but the Carey commitment has me feeling good about this class regardless of what happens. Hopefully we know soon so we can go in another direction...transfer portal could be the best option here if JJ decides on Duke. Not sure if there's anything still available thats worth filling that spot.
I have the same mindset as you and really want the coaches to play in the transfer market after this upcoming season.

LOL. Ahem...

Al Horford was drafted #3 overall.
Corey Brewer 7th.
Joakim Noah 9th.

So - basically ALL OF THEM.

(now, I'll give you that this occurred after their SECOND NATTY, not the first.
But, we cannot replay history such that they didn't come back, because they all did.)
I just asked a question.
Were they all projected that high after first title is what I was asking.

And yet - Florida had their stars return from a Natty, and then won another one.

So, while it's very uncommon, it's not like it never happens.
Noah and Horford didn’t have mothers working two jobs…..

Duke Insider CB to ND this morning...Interesting.

E759D681-67EE-4B9A-8929-C574D7FFA090.png

That Duke guy is saying that his confidence in Duke being the pick is down in the last 24 hours and thinks it could be ND or possibly Stanford but won't be Cuse.

That Duke guy is saying that his confidence in Duke being the pick is down in the last 24 hours and thinks it could be ND or possibly Stanford but won't be Cuse.
If we are to believe that JJ and his family are keeping as close to the vest as everyone is saying …….. it’s hard to believe a Duke insider would know where JJ is destined to go; he may know that it’s NOT Duke, but he knows that it’s ND/Stanford but no chance of Cuse?

If we are to believe that JJ and his family are keeping as close to the vest as everyone is saying …….. it’s hard to believe a Duke insider would know where JJ is destined to go; he may know that it’s NOT Duke, but he knows that it’s ND/Stanford but no chance of Cuse?
Beats me but that's what that dude is saying in their forum. Are we allowed to hate La Lumiere at this point? 2 backyard kids head there and then adios.

Duke Insider CB to ND this morning...Interesting.

View attachment 207324
The crystal ball has a low certainty rating.

I don't put much importance on it.

My takeaway is that JJ and his family are doing an extraordinary job of keeping a tight lid on where he stands and what he is feeling. Right from the start of the recruiting process all the way to today.

Very unusual. And kind of refreshing, in a weird way.

Wherever he goes, I hope he succeeds. It would be awesome to see a kid coming out of Baldwinsville, NY emerge as a major college basketball star. Even more so if he was wearing orange while doing that.

Isn't this high school LaLumiere an Indiana school?
It would be nice to find out what he thought of Indiana...or was he a bit homesick...
or does the south/west coast beckon??
But Notre Dame? Brey?? I don't (want to) see it.

Kid is an outstanding student, and his family [and the player] are clearly focused upon him getting an elite education. Welcome change to the normal craziness of basketball recruiting.

Which would make it such a cool win to have him promote the athletic and educational opportunity at SU in his backyard over some stiff competition when looking at both over his final school list.

Watson is a freaking idiot he doesn't know anything about JJ nobody does. The fact that he even had a crystal ball for Duke a week before he visited just shows is to play in to this narrative that Duke is getting everybody. My pick is still Syracuse because if McCallister says he thinks it's cuse I'm believing him

Watson is a freaking idiot he doesn't know anything about JJ nobody does. The fact that he even had a crystal ball for Duke a week before he visited just shows is to play in to this narrative that Duke is getting everybody. My pick is still Syracuse because if McCallister says he thinks it's cuse I'm believing him
I have Girard vibes here. At the end of the day the hometown wins out.

Did McCallister say that? I didn't see that. I also wasn't looking too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom