Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 82 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
A long shot theory, but I think it's possible that a local player like JJ knows which fan base will REALLY appreciate his commitment.

I doubt that ND, Duke, or the Stanford fanbase will show him the love that SU's will. If I was him and money or academics weren't a deciding factor that's where I'd want to go.

A long shot theory, but I think it's possible that a local player like JJ knows which fan base will REALLY appreciate his commitment.

I doubt that ND, Duke, or the Stanford fanbase will show him the love that SU's will. If I was him and money or academics weren't a deciding factor that's where I'd want to go.
Im not sure how much these kids care about fans and tbh i dont blame them for not

Would it be a violation to set up a go fund me like page to buy season tickets for a players family?

Crypto and nft especially are huge scams at this point, if you didnt get in early youre not making money.

the nft to art comparison is so wrong. Owning an original piece of art allows you to see the tiny details and precision you can’t recreate in a print. To see original art fully you have to hang a piece or go to a museum. There is a barrier of entry you need to cross to experience it.

nfts are basically gifs with receipts. anyone with an internet connection can see the original at any time. Theyre still art and require talent to make, but i struggle to rationalize how something i can fully experience on my phone during a bathroom break has so much value.

people have made money in crypto but unless you take a time machine back to 2016 and invest in it, you wont be one of them.

back to jj

JJ showing love for Sy, Cuse, and his hometown...
Screenshot_20211001-204228_Instagram.jpg

Crypto and nft especially are huge scams at this point, if you didnt get in early youre not making money.

the nft to art comparison is so wrong. Owning an original piece of art allows you to see the tiny details and precision you can’t recreate in a print. To see original art fully you have to hang a piece or go to a museum. There is a barrier of entry you need to cross to experience it.

nfts are basically gifs with receipts. anyone with an internet connection can see the original at any time. Theyre still art and require talent to make, but i struggle to rationalize how something i can fully experience on my phone during a bathroom break has so much value.

people have made money in crypto but unless you take a time machine back to 2016 and invest in it, you wont be one of them.

back to jj
This is completely untrue. I've had coins go up 1000% just this year. ADA is a great example of this. Crypto is a solid investment, but just like anything else you should only gamble with money you're prepared to lose.

Some crypto even give "dividends" (in the form of more coin usually) depending on different staking or farming options. Again, you just need to find some that you believe in due to the technology, white paper, or the people running jt.

NFTs will be interesting to follow. I got into Top Shot early this year when it was really hot. It has cooled considerably. As the technology keeps growing, NFTs won't just be art or basketball cards. It could be music or show tickets that always give money back to the artist as its sold or even apartment leases/housing deeds. There is a ton of potential there obviously.

This is completely untrue. I've had coins go up 1000% just this year. ADA is a great example of this. Crypto is a solid investment, but just like anything else you should only gamble with money you're prepared to lose.

Some crypto even give "dividends" (in the form of more coin usually) depending on different staking or farming options. Again, you just need to find some that you believe in due to the technology, white paper, or the people running jt.

NFTs will be interesting to follow. I got into Top Shot early this year when it was really hot. It has cooled considerably. As the technology keeps growing, NFTs won't just be art or basketball cards. It could be music or show tickets that always give money back to the artist as its sold or even apartment leases/housing deeds. There is a ton of potential there obviously.
Excellent and spot on. One of the areas that we are involved in is the use Crypto and specifically the block chain for non financial transactions. We are only in the first Quarter of NFTs.

Since you couldn't help plugging crypto in this thread, I can't help pointing out that while crypto is a [dubious] investment, one thing it definitely is not is MONEY.

Money is 1st & foremost an 'intermediate good' that enables transactions.
Crypto's $-value is so unstable, it's essentially useless as money.

Why would you offer someone crypto for a purchase if it's $-value is increasing significantly?
Better to hold the crypto & pay with $ instead.
If you're selling, why would you accept crypto in payment if its $-value is declining?
Better to accept only $, as Elon Musk will tell you.
Thing is, if crypto's $-value continues to increase as it's owners earnestly desire, it becomes worthless as money.

As an investment, understand that there's no intrinsic value in holding a crypto-currency, as it's nothing more than a string of code stored on a computer.
In fact, it's more accurate to describe Crypto-currencies as an Internet computer game you can place bets on.
Like many such risky investments, don't put any [real] money into crypto that you can't afford to lose.
That is all.

Since you couldn't help plugging crypto in this thread, I can't help pointing out that while crypto is a [dubious] investment, one thing it definitely is not is MONEY.

Why would you offer someone crypto for a purchase if it's $-value is increasing significantly?
If you're selling, why would you accept crypto in payment if its $-value is declining?
Thing is, if crypto's $-value continues to increase as it's owners earnestly desire, it becomes worthless as money.

As an investment, understand that there's no intrinsic value in holding a crypto-currency, as it's nothing more than a string of code stored on a computer.
In fact, it's more accurate to describe Crypto-currencies as an Internet computer game you can place bets on.
Like many such risky investments, don't put any [real] money into crypto that you can't afford to lose.
That is all.
I didn't bring it up and already gave the obligatory "investment" disclaimer.

My buddy at work sends crypto to family in another country, less fees. If you can't see the future for transactions world wide at a minimum the rest would be lost on you. Musk is a master of manipulation. Companies are constantly updating to accept crypto. Again you can search this easily.

This will be my last reply on the subject.

That is all.
Did you see company I believe "Compound" that updated their code this week and "accidentally" sent $90M in crypto to its users? CEO on Twitter begging for them to send it back since they cannot invalidate the "infallible code". Hilarious.

I swear to god, I’m gonna pistol whip the next person that says crypto in this thread. Enough of the shenanigans.

Shib coin.

Bring it on.

Have fun with the thread. Someone that has contributed a total of 100 posts doesn't get to dictate the board content by threats.

JJ is good at basketball and I hope he plays for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom