Class of 2022 - PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered | Page 92 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG JJ Starling (Baldwinsville / La Lumiere) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping Symir is making some phone calls right about now. He’s our best chance in this
Idk how close he really is with our guys... they r a few years older and played very little with each other...add in that JJ has been half way across the country playing the past could years and has never seemed like a cuse lean.

Copeland is expected to jump to top 100. It's nothing new he had been on the rise. He is 86 on rivals. Carey could very well be top 100 when he is evaluated. He hasn't been so the lack of ranking is because of the lack of evaluation. So you very well could get Bunch and have 4 top 100 kids and then add Brown. That will land as top 20 at worst likely at least top 15.

Look at Cincy. They have 88, 146 and 158 and sit 16th.
37 of the top 150 guys have yet to commit, and we're currently involved with 1 of them in Bunch. Copeland and Taylor played in events all summer long, and unless something crazy happens, they're both ranked pretty fairly right now. I know that could change, but it's just as likely for some guys to come out of nowhere and make their way into the top 150, as it is for Copeland and Taylor to shoot up the rankings. I like the class, it's a "nice" class, but barring something crazy, we'll be very lucky if we finish in the top 25, even with a large class. And, it's far from the "WOW" class we were all geared up for in 2022. Another player we whiffed on that I forgot was Roddy Gayle. We went after a lot of big fish, but in the end we got a class that will more than likely result in a bubble team with the hopes of a sweet 16. I hope I'm wrong, but i doubt it.

37 of the top 150 guys have yet to commit, and we're currently involved with 1 of them in Bunch. Copeland and Taylor played in events all summer long, and unless something crazy happens, they're both ranked pretty fairly right now. I know that could change, but it's just as likely for some guys to come out of nowhere and make their way into the top 150, as it is for Copeland and Taylor to shoot up the rankings. I like the class, it's a "nice" class, but barring something crazy, we'll be very lucky if we finish in the top 25, even with a large class. And, it's far from the "WOW" class we were all geared up for in 2022. Another player we whiffed on that I forgot was Roddy Gayle. We went after a lot of big fish, but in the end we got a class that will more than likely result in a bubble team with the hopes of a sweet 16. I hope I'm wrong, but i doubt it.
So we missed on Gayle, Lands, Westry, Dior, Flip, Clingan, Cruz, and now JJ…. Unacceptable. The unfortunate reality is we were in decent spots with each one of them at some point. If we want to make it out of college basketball purgatory this clearly isn’t the way

So we missed on Gayle, Lands, Westry, Dior, Flip, Clingan, Cruz, and now JJ…. Unacceptable. The unfortunate reality is we were in decent spots with each one of them at some point. If we want to make it out of college basketball purgatory this clearly isn’t the way
That's some talent right there...ugh

Just so you know, we were never really in it with a some of the guys you cited.

Just so you know, we were never really in it with a some of the guys you cited.
I get what your saying but 2 of the 8 were once committed (kind of?) And almost all of them had been on visits (JJ twice) and elite camps for majority of them as well. But yes, that doesn't mean we were ever in a serious position to land them. Still stings a bit looking at those names though.

One thing I will say was that exodus of players last year was a killer in recruiting
Which is ironic because if there aren’t transfers those same recruits might think the inn is looking a little too full.

Recruiting is a tough game if you don’t want to cheat at the same level as others. (I don’t care about cheating)

We are not “pay for play” like the other top recruiting schools. Its no suprise we are cut off from the top 30 recruits. I don’t see this trend changing unless we get ahead of the NIL curve or pay like $EC schools

If he is going to ND, and he has said that he wants to be THE man, then it makes sense. He will likely be the man from day one.
Too bad. Bridesmaids on 4 top players this class.

Were we cheating when we got commitments from Dior and Kamari? Benny?
Bazely?

The issue with this class is we have no true pg coming in and struck out on every major pg we were attempting to get. Transfer portal changes things, but it would of been nice to get one.

Exactly. You’d think the family would be concerned about Brey departing or getting canned. ND hasn’t put hardly any of their guys in the NBA either, and are a clear tier below us in terms of ACC power rankings. Other than a top flight academic reputation, I don’t see what they can offer him that Syracuse can’t. And it’s a VERY conservative school with all kinds of weird rules and antiquated Catholic restrictions.

You cannot get a hamburger anywhere on campus on a Friday! What a bizarre post.

Not to be a dink but bunch and Taylor are in the 70s, maliq brown 222, Copeland 147 and Carey unranked. I like them all, and I'm grateful we'll get to cheer them on, but that's not a class that's coming remotely close to the top 10 in rankings.
I totally get that. However, Taylor and Copeland are at IMG this year. If they do well, they could move up. Carey didn't have a junior season, so if he does well this year, he should move into the rankings. Bunch is No. 58 at 247Sports and is playing at a prep power. He could move up further. Brown, I hear ya. He was fours stars per a while back, and like in the 125 range, not sure why such a drop-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom