Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 103 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read these posts from you and others, and wonder how close we actually were. Couldn't have been too far, given how small Manley is/was.

Hi Neighbor! :)
I grew up a sheltered Catholic boy.

Manley is the first place I heard people swear in public. I’m talking about a whole crowd.

Manley is the first place I saw people smoking marijuana in public.

Manley is the first place I smelled the smell of marijuana.

That all happened before when I was still in high school, before I enrolled at Syracuse.

I was a commuter student. I had scholarships and in retrospect, it was really reasonable back then, but Syracuse was a pricey school for me. I convinced my parents it would be okay in part by commuting.

That made it hard to have friends who were students when I was a student there. Student seats were general admission and I would end up sitting with strangers every game.

But we all shared the love for our team and college basketball and I fondly remember looking at my fellow students at key points in the game, when the crowd in general and the student section in particular got really loud and laughing. We were ridiculously loud, and the home court advantage we helped generate was tremendous.

Many games, the opposing team was completely intimidated and had no chance.

Anyway, yes, we probably sat together for a few games. I was the guy in the orange shirt. ;)

Last edited:
I grew up sheltered Catholic boy.

Manley is the first place I heard people swear in public. I’m talking about a whole crowd.

That all happened before when I was still in high school, before I enrolled at Syracuse.

I was a commuter student. I had scholarships and in retrospect, it was really reasonable back then, but Syracuse was a pricey school for me. I convinced my parents it would be okay in part by commuting.

That made it hard to have friends who were students when I was a student there. Student seats were general admission and I would end up sitting with strangers every game.

But we all shared the love for our team and college basketball and I fondly remember looking at my fellow students at key points in the game, when the crowd in general and the student section in particular got really loud and laughing. We were ridiculously loud, and the home court advantage we helped generate was tremendous.

Anyway, yes, we probably sat together for a few games. I was the guy in the orange shirt. ;)
Orange shirt? I thought everything was black, white or gray back then.

I grew up sheltered Catholic boy.

Commuters also seemed to take early classes while those of us that lived there, took later classes. I had one friend that commuted.

When Mintz made his decision, he informed the Syracuse coaches and received quite the reaction. Juli Boeheim even got in on the celebration when hearing the news.

"I told them about two and a half weeks ago," Mintz said. "Coach Boeheim was really excited. Even his wife was in the background screaming for me. They were really happy. Coach Red too. He called me after coach Boeheim told him I committed, and he was really excited. Their spirits were really high."

When Mintz made his decision, he informed the Syracuse coaches and received quite the reaction. Juli Boeheim even got in on the celebration when hearing the news.

"I told them about two and a half weeks ago," Mintz said. "Coach Boeheim was really excited. Even his wife was in the background screaming for me. They were really happy. Coach Red too. He called me after coach Boeheim told him I committed, and he was really excited. Their spirits were really high."

In hindsight, 2 1/2 weeks ago makes sense because that’s about when DePaul started going after a JUCO guard.

The coaches knew and no one with any inside information really thought he was coming anymore. Then a day before his commitment a little window was open for him to still commit to Syracuse. What a weird and secret commitment.

Kudos to him and his family for not letting it leak out. I’m sure it’s not easy to do.

And all the rumors of him going to Depaul was complete BS lol. All the recruiting experts were fooled too. That’s impressive if you think about it because the Syracuse coaches knew 2 and a half weeks ago and nothing leaked out.

Last edited:
The eyebrow raising and gut feelings of DePaul not making sense were on point here for sure.

The really fascinating thing to me is how we were easily the best program to be after him in his top 4. There is no doubt this kid is top 30( screw 2 4 7 and having him 73rd) and probably should have been in the burger game. He passes the look test as a top 20 incoming frosh.

Also, I think UBandCuse needs some love for this post a few weeks back. I am not saying it's the post that changed my mind, but it's the post that kept me hanging around. Man, was it worth it.

That hour or so between that first CB and all the rest flipping was one Heck of Ride.
I appreciate the recognition! I think that was my biggest thing with finally posting my info and thoughts was that I was extremely confident and had everyone burying my info by saying it was a done deal without ever providing reasonable proof that he was going to DePaul. My subsequent posts with more info also had the same reaction. What was funny was that the info I was providing was from both Mintz and his father yet it took a fake tweet to finally get everyone to change their mind. The follow the leader CB’s, Mintz reasoning to come here and even the timeframe of the tik tok he posted that I used as a reason to believe lines up with when he let the Boeheims know he was coming here. I’m not saying I deserve credit in any way because my posts were predictions but more so that people need to start expanding beyond what one analyst says that starts a chain reaction saying that he won’t come here. I would be happy to make a thread for everyone about social media “recruiting” and what I data I use in my models when combing through data that led me to those predictions/theories. I think it can be applied in about 70-85% of college recruitments. My life long dream has been to work in baseball with statistics and/or front office finances. It has been a blast being able to apply it to my love for Syracuse and Cuse basketball.

I grew up a sheltered Catholic boy.

I graduated in 1980 the last year at Manley and lived in skytop. I went to every game each year. I’ll take the rap for the swearing and pot smoking.

Wow! I just read an article by Mike McAllister and Mintz told the coaching staff 2 and a half weeks ago he was coming to Syracuse.

I appreciate the recognition! I think that was my biggest thing with finally posting my info and thoughts was that I was extremely confident and had everyone burying my info by saying it was a done deal without ever providing reasonable proof that he was going to DePaul. My subsequent posts with more info also had the same reaction. What was funny was that the info I was providing was from both Mintz and his father yet it took a fake tweet to finally get everyone to change their mind. The follow the leader CB’s, Mintz reasoning to come here and even the timeframe of the tik tok he posted that I used as a reason to believe lines up with when he let the Boeheims know he was coming here. I’m not saying I deserve credit in any way because my posts were predictions but more so that people need to start expanding beyond what one analyst says that starts a chain reaction saying that he won’t come here. I would be happy to make a thread for everyone about social media “recruiting” and what I data I use in my models when combing through data that led me to those predictions/theories. I think it can be applied in about 70-85% of college recruitments. My life long dream has been to work in baseball with statistics and/or front office finances. It has been a blast being able to apply it to my love for Syracuse and Cuse basketball.
To be fair, your original post, which was awesome, got a lot of likes and cheers.

Wow! I just read an article by Mike McAllister and Mintz told the coaching staff 2 and a half weeks ago he was coming to Syracuse.

This one?

Status
Not open for further replies.