Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 109 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gobert, Draymond, Clint Capella, Mitchell Roberson and Robert Williams say hello.

Obviously it helps but plenty of players stick especially centers who dont need to stretch the floor
Each of the players you mentioned has an elite skill or package of skills that make them good players without being able to shoot. Edwards currently is a scoring center who can't shoot. His other skills probably are passable in the NBA (although I don't think there is a chance he could defend a guard in a switching defense the way Robert Williams and Al Harford are right now in the playoffs), but he'll need to be able to shoot out to the free throw line and preferably farther in order to stick.

In todays NBA, bigs need to be able to make jump shots. Jessie has not proved he can make anything but a layup.
You need to put the little tm for trademark sign when you say something like "In today's NBA."

Each of the players you mentioned has an elite skill or package of skills that make them good players without being able to shoot. Edwards currently is a scoring center who can't shoot. His other skills probably are passable in the NBA (although I don't think there is a chance he could defend a guard in a switching defense the way Robert Williams and Al Harford are right now in the playoffs), but he'll need to be able to shoot out to the free throw line and preferably farther in order to stick.
I can name 20 more centers who are “sticking” in the nba without an elite skillset. He doesnt “need” to learn to shoot out there. He’s a 7 footer with really long arms who can move.

It won’t matter if Jesse has a jump shot, but I think he can have a jump shot. He had very good form on his free throws. I always thought lack of arc was his main problem.

That said there’s tons of bigs who’s couldn’t shoot 10 years ago that now can. Brook Lopez and Al Horford immediately come to mind. Not saying Jesse can have the same impact, but shooting can be learned through repetition.

Gobert, Draymond, Clint Capella, Mitchell Roberson and Robert Williams say hello.

Obviously it helps but plenty of players stick especially centers who dont need to stretch the floor
The first 2 of those guys are likely HOF guys, but Green is really a forward

The first 2 of those guys are likely HOF guys, but Green is really a forward
Totally and I’m not saying Jesse will even sniff 1/5 of their career or hell, even make the nba BUT if he improves his numbers this year and potentially is the acc defensive player of the year, he’s going to get a contract

CB14749F-1B55-49D4-B55E-1CF35C53EDB8.jpeg

In todays NBA, bigs need to be able to make jump shots. Jessie has not proved he can make anything but a layup.
They need to be able to hit jumpers: or be able to switch and guard on the perimeter: or be elite at protecting the rim.

I’m trying hard to think of a center in the NBA who doesn’t fit at least one of those things.

This kid has what it takes to be great -- talent, tools, AND work ethic.

He's going to kill it here. Love this kid's feel for the game. Can't think of a comparable player, in terms of style, that we've ever had.
He has a great pace to his game. He seems able to get anywhere on the court he wants. I hope that carries over to this level of basketball. I think it will, because some guys just have that skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.