Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 107 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see Syracuse fans are keeping their expectations calibrated to only CP3 and Monta comps. I was concerned we would start comparing to prime Allen Iverson or something. No pressure for Judah. We should win 30 games easy!
Goofy post. No one said that but it’s natural to watch a player and think about who they have patterned their game after. For example, nearly every move Kobe ever did was a complete clone of Jordan so it’s natural to say “Kobe reminds me of Jordan”. It doesn’t mean he is MJ or as great as MJ or will win championships like MJ. This isn’t rocket science people.

Find me 10 posts claiming we even do better than just making the tournament.

Not one person is saying he is either. Just that his game reflects on them as a comparison...
Zoo just having some fun. Syracuse fans tend to lean a bit over their skies when it comes to freshman and expectations. I am just from the camp of hey we seemingly brought in a pretty good player, let's see what he does. Give the young guy a chance first so to speak.

Judah comes in at #33 on ESPN’s final 2022 top 100 ranking:

The highs and lows of recruiting. I spent the last year fretting over Dior, Chance, JJ, Zion and Kamari. Then we end up with Judah and he is ranked higher than all of them except the local guy JJ. But I will hate having to play against JJ and Kamari. That will be a double kick in the arse.

The highs and lows of recruiting. I spent the last year fretting over Dior, Chance, JJ, Zion and Kamari. Then we end up with Judah and he is ranked higher than all of them except the local guy JJ. But I will hate having to play against JJ and Kamari. That will be a double kick in the arse.
Mintz fits our roster better than JJ IMO. I think this worked out well for us and I really don’t think JJ is much better or better at all than Mintz.

Syracuse fans tend to lean a bit over their skies when it comes to freshman and expectations.
That’s probably true of all fans at all schools. At the same time, no one here seems to be over the top about any of the other freshmen, and yet I can almost assure you that at least one of them will surprise people. It’s how it always works.

Fans here also never really expect players to improve - yet most do. Benny seems to be the one player this year that fans expect to improve.

That’s probably true of all fans at all schools. At the same time, no one here seems to be over the top about any of the other freshmen, and yet I can almost assure you that at least one of them will surprise people. It’s how it always works.

Fans here also never really expect players to improve - yet most do. Benny seems to be the one player this year that fans expect to improve.
Agreed. We had a few who actually thought it best for Benny to leave after his tough first year but I think he showed allot of character sticking around and I think it's fair to believe he will definitely perform better next season. He will find his place in the team and if he knows Judah and has played with him that familiarity could benefit his game.

If it seems like every PG is a combo-guard - that’s because there are way less true PG out there. The NBA values combo guards over PG. It’s been a trend.

Young players idolize young NBA players. And scoring is 1st priority. That doesn’t mean they can’t pass or become better PG in a classic sense. It’s just under developed.

That’s all to say - combo guard isn’t a dirty word. This kid has some natural PG tendencies. Joe spent 3 years out of position but has gained PG tendencies. Between the two combo guards - we’ll get what we need from both guard spots. And I’d expect Mintz to have the ball more.

Glad to see Syracuse fans are keeping their expectations calibrated to only CP3 and Monta comps. I was concerned we would start comparing to prime Allen Iverson or something. No pressure for Judah. We should win 30 games easy!
Iverson is one of the most overrated players in the history of basketball. Would get you 50 wins in the regular season because he played crazy hard every night, then would get beat down in the playoffs almost every year because overall he was a horribly inefficient player.

Iverson is one of the most overrated players in the history of basketball. Would get you 50 wins in the regular season because he played crazy hard every night, then would get beat down in the playoffs almost every year because overall he was a horribly inefficient player.
Nobody has ever claimed that efficiency was a strength in AI’s game, because it wasn’t… but to claim that Allen Iverson is one of the most overrated players in NBA history because he’s inefficient is patently ridiculous.

He carried one of the least talented, least offensively skilled teams to ever make an NBA Finals.

Starting lineup - Eric Snow, AI, George Lynch, Tyrone Hill & Mutombo/Ratliff… stop the slander, please

Nobody has ever claimed that efficiency was a strength in AI’s game, because it wasn’t… but to claim that Allen Iverson is one of the most overrated players in NBA history because he’s inefficient is patently ridiculous.

He carried one of the least talented, least offensively skilled teams to ever make an NBA Finals.

Starting lineup - Eric Snow, AI, George Lynch, Tyrone Hill & Mutombo/Ratliff… stop the slander, please
Yeah AI gave it his all. Don’t think he’s overrated or underrated. Rated just about right. He was really really good especially before he got worn down

929F5DE9-83BA-4CF9-9439-144ADEB44158.jpeg

4951C570-436B-4447-98CE-BFEE85AE15D7.jpeg

Nice article, cuseallday. Nice to see someone rank Mintz #15 overall.

Syracuse Basketball: Expert spot on in ranking Judah Mintz inside top 20

Preach.

Also played in an Eastern Conference that was trash most years.

Judah can’t remotely dominate the ball as much and be as inefficient for us to have a shot of being good.

Nice article, cuseallday. Nice to see someone rank Mintz #15 overall.

Syracuse Basketball: Expert spot on in ranking Judah Mintz inside top 20

Thanks my friend!!! I always say I'm not a scout or analyst, but I've never understood why Mintz is getting ranked in the 50s (or lower) by some recruiting services after the senior year that he had at OH in the NIBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.