Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think not much changes, we already had Q and JT locked while we were chasing JJ and had he committed here he would have taken a lot of open minutes on next years team. You would think that both those guys to some extent realized that. Judah quite literally seems to be JJs replacement. They have similar games and both are in the same combo guard mold. All three of these guys have different games though, so while open minutes may be conflicting for everybody in year one, all these guys should still be able to play their role and possibly compliment each other well, if they all come back for their sophomore season.
Quadir is more of attacking/distributing pg Taylor is more of a wing than a pure 2 but will still play both 2/3 and Mintz is more of a scoring guard who will play the 1/2.

This is my personal opinion, but I don’t think the staff necessarily guarantees high school recruits ‘minutes’ per say. I think the pitches are probably more along the lines of ‘we have a spot open for a player of your position and if you come here there’s a path to getting minutes’ and I think competition at the college level goes without saying. All of these guys will have to compete to earn minutes no matter where they go, that’s if they want to attend a good basketball school.

I think the staff probably just needs to convince them that there’s a spot suited just for them and it’s up for the taking...that’s how I see it anyway.

Every kid is a little different in their view and mindset. Some see college hoops in terms of having the shortest stay possible vs others knowing they need more time or are open to it at least.

One thing at a minimum is there is currently no one else being added in 2023 yet at guard. So if Q and JT are not in a rush, opportunity will be there. Hard to say where their heads are at. One thing is for sure is that it's not as though either are blowing up at IMG. Not knocking them at all, but just saying that other options or having more playing time expectations would seem to be at odds with the fairly uneventful season for both so far.

Would be a really nice add but will hold on the excitement until we see how he plays on the court and adapts to ACC play and what JB wants from freshman. Some thought Benny was going to start and be one and done. Hope we land the young man and hopefully he makes his way into the rotation and brings some value. No need to put this kid as a starter day 1 and expecting heroics. How about we let the kid find his place.

Sorry meant on the roster currently. I think JT is a RS and more 3 than 2
I agree with you. If we are lucky enough to get Mintz, the class will shake down like this:
Mintz 1/2
Copeland 1/2
Bunch 2/3
Taylor 3/2
Brown 4
Carey 5

Every position covered. You add in what we have (hopefully) returning and we have an athletic and skilled, albeit young roster. But, at least the roster is full which means they can practice against eachother and compete for playing time. Steel sharpens steel, and no offense to Paddy, but he ain’t steel.

When one door closes and another one opens, you're probably in prison somewhere.

Or your name is Maxwell Smart.

So Close Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

Yeah probably. But there are still only 3 guards. Really doesn’t bode
Well for SY

It seems as though Sy is completely content with his situation on the outside. He is home, getting an opportunity and he knows that the Cuse network opens many doors not exclusive to playing big minutes or going pro. He has the right personality to consider coaching. For a guy often getting less minutes than he did at Marquette- seems quite content .

He could have been a hometown hero but chose to turn his back on his friends and family. We wish him success but very few people care about him right now.
Such an adolescent, BS position. Kid owed no one but himself. He will get a great education away from unrealistic local expectations and the often unfair criticisms that come from being a local. He made his best choice. Good for him.

Such BS. Kid owes no one but himself. He made the best choice for him. Good for him.
Show me one clip where a kid in any sport gets drafted and when interviewed says that he wants to thank no one but himself. It's always his mom, his dad, maybe his grandmother/father, siblings, his coaches, his teammates, etc. And even his teachers, the dude from the Boys Club.

Show me one clip where a kid in any sport gets drafted and when interviewed says that he wants to thank no one but himself. It's always his mom, his dad, maybe his grandmother/father, siblings, his coaches, his teammates, etc. And even his teachers, the dude from the Boys Club.
I mean even his dad wanted him to stay home.

It seems as though Sy is completely content with his situation on the outside. He is home, getting an opportunity and he knows that the Cuse network opens many doors not exclusive to playing big minutes or going pro. He has the right personality to consider coaching. For a guy often getting less minutes than he did at Marquette- seems quite content .
yeah something tells me sy would make a great coach

Status
Not open for further replies.