Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah Keatts could very well get fired, at very least on a seat that's burning up

I would wager it will completely depend on who is staying and who isn't with this kid. The player and parents know what rotations look like with the current group. If players move on I think it legitimately creates opportunities for Mintz. If some don't move on, I think the player and his parents don't seriously consider.
Agreed. You’re looking at JG3 likely getting his 35mins per next year, and if Buddy comes back too, well…

Why listen to the kids when you can just make stuff up right? Benny says he’s coming back? Transferring, Buddy and his Dad both says he’s not coming back? Definitely coming back.
JB said in Radio show not coming back

Agreed. You’re looking at JG3 likely getting his 35mins per next year, and if Buddy comes back too, well…
Buddys not coming back barring something Bizzare. Symir is a nice guard off the bench. If I was a 4 star top 50 guard Syracuse would be at the top of my list. Im not scared of beating anyone out.

Buddys not coming back barring something Bizzare. Symir is a nice guard off the bench. If I was a 4 star top 50 guard Syracuse would be at the top of my list. Im not scared of beating anyone out.
Mintz is very fast and very athletic. He would light up the dome. The crowd would love this kid.

All but 1 of Juda's schools are private. Obviously that matters. If academics is a factor, the only notable NCS program is ceramic engineering. As to Benny, if he starts we are in trouble. As is, no P-5 school would start him. Assuming he will improve is pure speculation. In 2022 he is shooting 6%, 1/16.

Last edited:
All but 1 of Juda's schools are private. Obviously that matters. If academics is a factor, the only notable NCS program is, I think, ceramic engineering. As to Benny, if he starts we are in trouble. As is, no P-5 school would start him. Assuming he will improve is pure speculation. In 2022 he is shooting 6%, 1/16.
Assuming he doesn't improve is pure speculation as well.

According to Jewish Sports History, he is indeed Jewish, as is over 15% of the Cuse enrollment.

Last edited:
If this cant find 25 minutes a game with only Joe and Symir he isn't very good

He'll get there, he is too good not to.
I hope so but I see no sign of it. His J is terrrrrible, a line drive. His handle is terrrrible, head down running into his defender.. He is athletic and willing to learn but he is more than one summer away from being ready.

So far there is zero slgn of improvement.
Establishing some premise that an 18 year old and highly talented young man is not able to get better with practice is a bit off the deep end and using a basis that he has not done so yet in the midst of his first season of college amongst other new firsts is seemingly stranger. Wouldn't it seem fair to draw that conclusion after at least a few years under his belt in college. Seems unnecessarily pessimistic.

I hope so but I see no sign of it. His J is terrrrrible, a line drive. His handle is terrrrible, head down running into his defender.. He is athletic and willing to learn but he is more than one summer away from being ready.
Could be, but I think he can get it back rather quickly. If I were him, I would find some pros to work out with. Guys that won't take it easy on him. He has the skills, he just has zero confidence right now.

Is there evidence that he lacks confidence? Are anyone of you his shrink? On the other hand, there is abundant evidence that he lacks skills. No, I am not writing him off. I am saying that he needs more than one summer to become a valuable contributor.

Is there evidence that he lacks confidence? Are anyone of you his shrink? On the other hand, there is abundant evidence that he lacks skills. No, I am not writing him off. I am saying that he needs more than one summer to become a valuable contributor.
If you watched his games last year and you watched him this year, it is VERY obvious. His shot was not flat last year. Guys shoot flat when they lack confidence in their stroke. On his fade aways, with that double clutch, you can practically see him fighting himself. Less than a year ago, the kid could handle well for a forward, shoot from distance well (at least enough to be a threat), really shoot well from mid range and catch and score around the basket at a high level. Now, he can't catch the ball cleanly and when he finally gets control, he thinks about what to do instead of just making a move.

Establishing some premise that an 18 year old and highly talented young man is not able to get better with practice is a bit off the deep end and using a basis that he has not done so yet in the midst of his first season of college amongst other new firsts is seemingly stranger. Wouldn't it seem fair to draw that conclusion after at least a few years under his belt in college. Seems unnecessarily pessimistic.
Tilting at windmills? Did anyone say that he cannot get better with time? The question is how much time? My best guess is that he is more than one summer away. Therefore, I do not want to count on him starting next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.