Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you watched his games last year and you watched him this year, it is VERY obvious. His shot was not flat last year. Guys shoot flat when they lack confidence in their stroke. On his fade aways, with that double clutch, you can practically see him fighting himself. Less than a year ago, the kid could handle well for a forward, shoot from distance well (at least enough to be a threat), really shoot well from mid range and catch and score around the basket at a high level. Now, he can't catch the ball cleanly and when he finally gets control, he thinks about what to do instead of just making a move.
According to coach he was never a good shooter. In HS he had a height and athletic advantage that masked a weak skill set.

Tilting at windmills? Did anyone say that he cannot get better with time? The question is how much time? My best guess is that he is more than one summer away. Therefore, I do not want to count on him starting next year.
Actually you kind of did. You indicated he has not gotten better since arriving at Syracuse and you are saying he can't be better by next season to contribute. I get what you are saying, I just think that you can't write off what can happen over a year and I agree with OF that some confidence can go a long way. If you're right and that happens then hopefully he continues to try. If he can get better and contribute then that's a good thing for Syracuse and the fans.

According to coach he was never a good shooter. In HS he had a height and athletic advantage that masked a weak skill set.
I posted his highlights earlier in this thread. The highlights were of two games. They played teams with many guys his size and bigger. He dominated. But, you can also see the difference in demeanor. The kid is broken down right now. I could be wrong, maybe he never bounces back. But, the skills are there. He never handled like a point guard, but he handles pretty well for a forward. He passes well for a forward. He blocks shots REALLY well for a forward. His shot is alright from the outside, that definitely needs to improve, but it isn't as bad as what we've seen. His midrange is pretty good.

All but 1 of Juda's schools are private. Obviously that matters. If academics is a factor, the only notable NCS program is ceramic engineering. As to Benny, if he starts we are in trouble. As is, no P-5 school would start him. Assuming he will improve is pure speculation. In 2022 he is shooting 6%, 1/16.
I don’t get the public vs private distinction you are making. If UK offered Mintz tomm he would go there

Actually you kind of did. You indicated he has not gotten better since arriving at Syracuse and you are saying he can't be better by next season to contribute. I get what you ar saying, I just think that you can't write off what can happen over a year and I agree with OF that some confidence can go a long way. If you're right and that happens then hopefully he continues to try. If he can get better and contribute then that's a good thing for Syracuse and the fans.
This is hopeless. You tilgt at windmills. 1) I never said that he can't get better over time. 2) I never said that confidence is his problem. I said that he needs more than this summer giver how lacking he is and that he has not improved so far. 2022 is a complete disaster. He is shooting 6 percent!!!!!

Dream of a 3 year player leaving who is playing at high level and leading the ACC in 3pt pct and 4th in assists? What a weird thing to wish for.
He also lead in foul shooting until missing two last night. He’s had a very good year and could be even better next year. When you lose Cole and Buddy, the last thing you need is losing the only other player on the roster who can score outside of four feet. We better hope he comes back. The last thing we need is to have to rely on freshmen who have done nothing at the college level. We have one four star recruit and a bunch of three stars coming in and some fan think they’re better than Joe.

He also lead in foul shooting until missing two last night. He’s had a very good year and could be even better next year. When you lose Cole and Buddy, the last thing you need is losing the only other player on the roster who can score outside of four feet. We better hope he comes back. The last thing we need is to have to rely on freshmen who have done nothing at the college level. We have one four star recruit and a bunch of three stars coming in and some fan think they’re better than Joe.
Seems people have trouble differentiating freshman year Joe from current year. He isn’t the perfect point guard but he is also not our biggest issue. We should want Joe to return and have true 2 guard opportunity.

Dream of a 3 year player leaving who is playing at high level and leading the ACC in 3pt pct and 4th in assists? What a weird thing to wish for.

The only ‘problems’ with Joe are that he’s a combo guard who should only be playing maybe 30 mins a game, split between the 1 & 2.

And that we don’t have a typical Syracuse long, athletic guard to pair with him.

Because Buddy plays All The Minutes and takes All The Shots.

So, in summation:
The only problems with Joe, are due entirely to coach Boeheim.

The only ‘problems’ with Joe are that he’s a combo guard who should only be playing maybe 30 mins a game, split between the 1 & 2.

And that we don’t have a typical Syracuse long, athletic guard to pair with him.

Because Buddy plays All The Minutes and takes All The Shots.

So, in summation:
The only problems with Joe, are due entirely to coach Boeheim.

Winner winner chicken dinner. With Buddy it is a combo G playing with a combo 2/3.

btw Joe rumor is false fron what I've heard
It seems crazy some people want Joe to be pushed out. With Joe and Judah, we could finally have a more balanced guard rotation, with one being a slasher in Judah, and Joe able to play off ball and get open for three. The offense was best last year with Kadary being able to penetrate, so hopefully Judah can do the same. This also brings in another good ball handler with Joe, Symir, and Judah it would take the pressure off Joe to have to handle the ball in end of the game pressure.

Seems people have trouble differentiating freshman year Joe from current year. He isn’t the perfect point guard but he is also not our biggest issue. We should want Joe to return and have true 2 guard opportunity.
Kids is shooting just shy of 44% from 3 - which I believe places him in the top 15 (unadjusted, per link) nationally. Against ACC defenders this is impressive in its own right, but especially so considering that he's playing out of position and facing nearly constant ball pressure.

Last edited:
Kids is shooting just shy of 44% from 3 - which I believe places him in the top 10 nationally. This is impressive in its own right, but especially so considering that he's playing out of position against nearly constant ball pressure.
Respectfully...he's outside the top 100.
Doesn't change the FACT he's having a very solid year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom