Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd, again its possible SU made a late push and Mintz is having second thoughts. Again seems unlikely to me knowing the process and family involvement but we have seen it happen before so I can't say its impossible.
I will tell you this, I didn't need to be disappointed on this. I had already accepted that he was going to DePaul. To have the rug pulled out a second time would be vexing. I will say this, I am a diabetic, but if we get Mintz, I will go out and get a milkshake. And not feel guilty about drinking it one bit.

I will tell you this, I didn't need to be disappointed on this. I had already accepted that he was going to DePaul. To have the rug pulled out a second time would be vexing. I will say this, I am a diabetic, but if we get Mintz, I will go out and get a milkshake. And not feel guilty about drinking it one bit.
Obviously things changed and some people are being super negative without any information.

Obviously things changed and some people are being super negative without any information.
Well, people are right that often, our coaches aren't as clued in as we would like. I don't know how to feel about this. Before today, I had written him off. Now, I feel that we at least have a shot and I like that. Something to hope for tomorrow. I sort of wish I didn't talk to anyone today. If I hadn't, and he chose Syracuse, I would be thrilled. And if he chooses DePaul I would have expected it.

This seems like a rerun at this point. Smh.
So Stubblefield and Ranson be dropping bags to suddenly land all these top-rated kids? I mean, DePaul couldn’t be any more of an irrelevant backwater program. I guess coming from Oregon, Stubblefield knows where the $$$$ cows are.

If the kid chooses he is going to cuse. If he chooses with his family he’s going to DePaul. It’s that cut and dry and simple
Man, it seems we hear that a lot around here.

I’m not saying it’s not true at all….just gets frustrating

Last edited:

I wouldn’t be so sure about that

There has been a lot of information leading up out there that it wasn’t trending our way even dash himself had wrote it off

I wouldn’t be so sure about that

There has been a lot of information leading up out there that it wasn’t trending our way even dash himself had wrote it off
I know, I’m talking about today though, this is recruiting things change constantly and some people are still being super negative without knowing anything except what was trending beforehand.

I have been in financial sales for 40 years. I can count on one hand the number of times that I have been wrong about where I stood with a prospect. I find it odd to be surprised at these decisions.
That's because you know how to manage a pipeline and have learned to forecast based on a matchup between buyer signals and sales process.

I had heard that as well. As I said, I had written Mintz off a while ago. Today, today, I was told hold on. So, I don't know what to say to that. Maybe it's just last second wishful thinking on the staffs part. But this was from the staff.
Maybe we are on the right side of a bag delivery for the first time in a while…

I won’t be getting my hopes up. Must of got a nice deal to go to DePaul of all places
The last time they made the tourney Gmac was dropping 43 on byu. The last time they won a tourney game well I won't bring up that painful memory.

As others have pointed out family/handlers want one thing he wants another. Agree that it does feel like were watching the same movie over and over.
Well, people are right that often, our coaches aren't as clued in as we would like. I don't know how to feel about this. Before today, I had written him off. Now, I feel that we at least have a shot and I like that. Something to hope for tomorrow. I sort of wish I didn't talk to anyone today. If I hadn't, and he chose Syracuse, I would be thrilled. And if he chooses DePaul I would have expected it.
I just want to know what, besides cold hard cash, these other coaches are giving or promising to these recruits’ families that we aren’t? I heard one of the asks is guaranteed housing (for the season?) when the family comes to town to see their kid play, and it sounds like we don’t play that game and others do. What other requests are some programs willing to grant to land a kid that we aren’t? Or is it simply all about the Banjamins?

Believe that one poster stated it best.

If Judah Mintz wants to play for DePaul which has been last in Big East attendance for some number of consecutive years vice playing at Syracuse whose has reached attendance records over the past years and have consistently been leaders in attendance over the past 20-30 years, then something or someone else is driving the decision process.

While he would be playing in high scale competition at either school, believe in my humble opinion playing in the ACC would be more rewarding.

We deserve it as a fanbase. We are about as loyal of fans as you get. As knowledgable and respectful. This sounds cheesy, but there are UCONN fans out there… LET US GET MINTZ AND LET US KEEP COLE!! (Currently telling the big guy in the sky that I’ll be a better person going forward if we get mintz).

The last time they made the tourney Gmac was dropping 43 on byu. The last time they won a tourney game well I won't bring up that painful memory.
Their last Sweet 16 was in 1987! Lol!

What I don’t get is the insane amount of power that non-family members (ie. AAU coaches, handlers, etc) have in the college decision making of these D1 kids. I can understand if a kid would be swayed towards a school because their family members were receiving benefits. The shoe company AAU circuit has certainly created an interesting (frustrating for us) dynamic that I just don’t seem to understand.

Well, my advice would be to wait until he actually says where he is going. We can always feel bad after we get the bad news rather than put a down payment on feeling bad now before we actually get the bad news. I really want Mintz. But there will be other pt guards out in the portal that can really help us if we put the effort in. I'm not sure we will. And if that is true, that would be unacceptable. But I will wait to think that way until we get confirmation of that or evidence to the contrary.
What is this sanity? I'll have none of this on a sports fan message board!

Status
Not open for further replies.