Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will tell you this, I didn't need to be disappointed on this. I had already accepted that he was going to DePaul. To have the rug pulled out a second time would be vexing. I will say this, I am a diabetic, but if we get Mintz, I will go out and get a milkshake. And not feel guilty about drinking it one bit.
How about a coffee?

What I don’t get is the insane amount of power that non-family members (ie. AAU coaches, handlers, etc) have in the college decision making of these D1 kids. I can understand if a kid would be swayed towards a school because their family members were receiving benefits. The shoe company AAU circuit has certainly created an interesting (frustrating for us) dynamic that I just don’t seem to understand.
I think I understand. It's called Occam's razor.
9211_image1.jpg

I'm personally perplexed at the disconnect between the staff's stance of being "in this" and media-types whose job it is to predict these things saying two completely different things.

If you're not familiar with the term 'gaslighting' it sure seems to apply to the staff's lack of ability to read the writing on the wall - 'twisting reality' i.e. they convince themselves they're in it - but they haven't been for a while. This appears to be a trend? I hope I'm wrong.

Believe that one poster stated it best.

If Judah Mintz wants to play for DePaul which has been last in Big East attendance for some number of consecutive years vice playing at Syracuse whose has reached attendance records over the past years and have consistently been leaders in attendance over the past 20-30 years, then something or someone else is driving the decision process.

While he would be playing in high scale competition at either school, believe in my humble opinion playing in the ACC would be more rewarding.
I mean he was originally committed to Pitt, don’t think attendance and recent success have as much weight as we would like

I'm personally perplexed at the disconnect between the staff's stance of being "in this" and media-types whose job it is to predict these things saying two completely different things.

If you're not familiar with the term 'gaslighting' it sure seems to apply to the staff's lack of ability to read the writing on the wall - 'twisting reality' i.e. they convince themselves they're in it - but they haven't been for a while. This appears to be a trend? I hope I'm wrong.

Maybe the coaches think/thought they were still in it because they talk to the player?

Someone just sent me this.

I’ve been following Judah’s parents for a month or so, ever since the visit. They don’t follow many of the accounts around the schools involved with Judah, but they occasionally retweet stuff and they both use the like button a lot, especially Mom. Neither of them have liked a single tweet referring to Wake or NC State since I’ve followed. Seems there has never been any real interest. They both have liked a lot of tweets about Syracuse and DePaul, Mom more for DePaul and Dad more for Syracuse. It hasn’t stopped like it did with Wake and NC State. Today Mom retweeted the tweet from last night saying Syracuse is very much in it. She also liked a DePaul tweet. Dad liked a DePaul tweet today but his latest like is this Derrick Coleman tweet below. It’s not uncommon for Mintz’s parents to like tweets like that but it is saying something good about Boeheim so that helps. Dad also liked a tweet yesterday from Boeheim showing a photo of him with the new women’s coach.

None of this means much except we seem to be still in this because they haven’t stopped paying attention to what’s going on in Syracuse like they have with Wake and NC State. Dad liked the article on syracuse.com a few days ago about the new covid polices at the Dome. He’s also liked a couple articles from McAllister. When a kid we’re after announces for another team, I unfollow him and his entire family within a minute of the announcement. Judah’s parents haven’t done that with us, at least not yet.

By the way, Andrew Slater tweeted again his crystal ball for DePaul. No analyst has said anything to give us real hope except the guy last night. It’s hard to believe they’re all wrong but I’m holding out hope that in this case they are.

DD6B26A9-6401-45C0-A581-5C202B61E98D.jpeg

I’ve been following Judah’s parents for a month or so, ever since the visit. They don’t follow many of the accounts around the schools involved with Judah, but they occasionally retweet stuff and they both use the like button a lot, especially Mom. Neither of them have liked a single tweet referring to Wake or NC State since I’ve followed. Seems there has never been any real interest. They both have liked a lot of tweets about Syracuse and DePaul, Mom more for DePaul and Dad more for Syracuse. It hasn’t stopped like it did with Wake and NC State. Today Mom retweeted the tweet from last night saying Syracuse is very much in it. She also liked a DePaul tweet. Dad liked a DePaul tweet today but his latest like is this Derrick Coleman tweet below. It’s not uncommon for Mintz’s parents to like tweets like that but it is saying something good about Boeheim so that helps. Dad also liked a tweet yesterday from Boeheim showing a photo of him with the new women’s coach.

None of this means much except we seem to be still in this because they haven’t stopped paying attention to what’s going on in Syracuse like they have with Wake and NC State. Dad liked the article on syracuse.com a few days ago about the new covid polices at the Dome. He’s also liked a couple articles from McAllister. When a kid we’re after announces for another team, I unfollow him and his entire family within a minute of the announcement. Judah’s parents haven’t done that with us, at least not yet.

By the way, Andrew Slater tweeted again his crystal ball for DePaul. No analyst has said anything to give us real hope except the guy last night. It’s hard to believe they’re all wrong but I’m holding out hope that in this case they are.

View attachment 216093

Ironic if FLJ's 1st recruit ends up being Mintz.

View attachment 216093
I don’t see any of the crystal ball guys with a 100% rating. They aren’t always right.

View attachment 216093
And there is probably a 99.9% chance that they are following this and other threads. So to Mr. and Mrs. Mintz: Syracuse fans can be very fanatic about Cuse basketball. So much that it's not uncommon to draw 30,000 plus for a big game in the middle of winter. Orange Nation is like a big family. Google the finals of Boeheim's Army big win last summer in the TBT. You will see a lot of what family means. We are passionate and we like to win. 50 straight years of winning until this past season, so you can understand that fans might be a little sticky right now. We are not good losers and feel your son will help right the ship. It's a great school with a ton of community support. Hopefully you agree. Your son thought his OV was awesome. He will fit right in and help maintain that DMV/OakHill tradition that has been very successful in the past. Best of luck and hope to see you at the Dome next season.

That isn’t what gaslighting means.

I have been waiting for some of that all day since I was told what I was told. It came out of left field for me. Just when I thought I was out, they dragged me back in.
Maybe they saw the mention on 24/7 hoops that we saw and became hopeful ;)

View attachment 216093
They probably want to keep some suspense for the announcement

I really want Mintz. But there will be other pt guards out in the portal that can really help us if we put the effort in. I'm not sure we will. And if that is true, that would be unacceptable. But I will wait to think that way until we get confirmation of that or evidence to the contrary.
This is pretty much exactly where I'm at, too. Of course I'd love to land Mintz, he appears to be a really good player, possibly impactful from day 1. But there are numerous portal guys who could be just as impactful if the staff does the work.

I'll be on my course playing 18 at 4pm tomorrow. Any chance Mintz could wait until I get home, say around 6pm?

View attachment 216096
I mentioned this in other threads, probably a long time ago. Huge fan of the movie. One birthday, my brother got me a red swingline stapler. And I'm a software engineer. This movie is so close to reality still to this day! Plenty of TPS reports.
office-space-nina.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors