Class of 2025 - PG Keyshuan Tillery (Albany/ NH) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 PG Keyshuan Tillery (Albany/ NH) Offered

Seems like we have a shot at multiple options at PG

And it seems like first to commit gets the spot, it seems to be either him or Jackson

I don't think we can go wrong with any of the three PGs we are after. I think Jackson has a really high ceiling, but if he can't add weight, he may not be very effective at this level. The other two seem to have bodies more ready for ACC basketball.

Engelstad was a sneaky good hire. I think he could be a difference maker in recruiting and for developing the defense.
If he can get the defense straightened out, he would be worth his weight in gold. We were clueless on defense last year. We had the athletes to play good defense, but we were terrible. Whether that was the players not executing or the coaches not teaching is up for debate.

We're playing (slightly) from behind in this recruitment with Northwestern going heavy on him from the start - though there are a few factors in our favor. The fact we were on him early, the ties to home, and on the staff of his HS is a former SU walk-on / extensive ties to New Hampton.

The major factor is we no longer have the luxury of 'waiting out' the other two PGs as Tillery is also blowing up with high major offers. I'd be more than glad to see Tillery say yes first.

Could we get him and Jackson? I kinda assumed Kiyan and Jackson would be a package deal

My preferred PG order would be Lewis, Tillery, Jackson
You take the PG the fits best with Kiyan, because he is the most important recruit of this class.

You take the PG the fits best with Kiyan, because he is the most important recruit of this class.
For optics, or are you thinking he is the best guy we’re recruiting.

Don't look at the rankings here. Tillery is a legit stud and has had a better spring than Jackson. He is a legit PG too whereas Jackson is more of a combo.
Tillery will win a chit ton of college basketball games for three or four years. High floor and high ceiling. I understand why people prefer Jackson but the variance in outcomes with him is huge, imo. I think Tillery will be a dude in college.

Don't look at the rankings here. Tillery is a legit stud and has had a better spring than Jackson. He is a legit PG too whereas Jackson is more of a combo.
I swear to god i get on here when I’m high and sign into a different profile than mine (yours) and start repeating my takes because o swear we have almost always have the same take.

Optics wise yes by far but it would be crazy to build the team around Kiyan

Is he? Or is his ranking higher than it should be because of his name? I have no idea but
I wouldn't build my team around the kid
LeBron wants to know what you are suggesting?

That said, I agree with you

Is he? Or is his ranking higher than it should be because of his name? I have no idea but
I wouldn't build my team around the kid.
Maybe not, but he’s an elite shooter and certainly better than Bronny. That said I’m team Tillery.

I swear to god i get on here when I’m high and sign into a different profile than mine (yours) and start repeating my takes because o swear we have almost always have the same take.

Live look in at littlereg & 0307 -

Best Friends Friend GIF by PermissionIO

I’m not a scout or coach, but in the videos I’ve seen, Tillery just looks the part of a do-what-is-needed floor general.
Also, he looks like he is physically ready to compete in the ACC.
If given the choice of PGs, I trust Red would pick the trigger guy for his team. Will Red have his choice, or will his top choices opt for other schools, and he has to make due with who chooses SU?
TBD.

I'll just add here that while Tillery is currently ranked lower than Lewis and Jackson, multiple analysts have said lately that Tillery's play on the AAU circuit this spring will lead to him getting a big-time rankings bump. I expect him to enter the top 100, if not higher than that.

I'll just add here that while Tillery is currently ranked lower than Lewis and Jackson, multiple analysts have said lately that Tillery's play on the AAU circuit this spring will lead to him getting a big-time rankings bump. I expect him to enter the top 100, if not higher than that.
Not for nothing, as they say, but he passes my eye test.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom