Class of 2017 - PG Matt Coleman (VA) to Texas | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Matt Coleman (VA) to Texas

If you haven't been following the USA U18 games, our starting PG has been Coleman. Not Trae or Quade.

Which is a very good reason to believe that if Coleman doesn't get the offer from UNC that he covets (or, even if he does), Texas will have the inside track. Shaka's light still burns bright in the Old Dominion.

Which is a very good reason to believe that if Coleman doesn't get the offer from UNC that he covets (or, even if he does), Texas will have the inside track. Shaka's light still burns bright in the Old Dominion.
Shaka would have been my pick to replace Coach Boeheim, but Texas blew that up.

Based on what I have seen, I think the order is

Green
Coleman

and everyone else.

And the line between Green and Coleman is pretty fine. Coleman is really really good too.
Agree. Really starting to dig lefty's little teardrop in the lane and that short range pull up. Kid's nice and not a consolation prize. Get it done, fellas!
boiler_1780298b.jpg

I say get Coleman to commit and worry about Green whenever he is done playing around. I still want Green but we have spent so much time with him and yet we have no real indication. He's been here so many times and knows we would give him carte blanc running the team. He would get as much exposure here as he would at any school, maybe more. You can't tell me he doesn't know right now who he wants to choose. Now I put this out her which is JMO. :)

Coleman would be a homerun, and could be argued as a better get than Green. Unfortunately I think he's a long shot at this point. Red's got to keep working him and try to get him on campus for a visit

Coleman would be a homerun, and could be argued as a better get than Green. Unfortunately I think he's a long shot at this point. Red's got to keep working him and try to get him on campus for a visit
Yep, agreed. Coleman is a long shot indeed, perhaps even moreso than Green. I have him pegged for Texas. Good thing we have Frank, because I don't believe we will get that top line PG we had hoped for in 2017.

I have absolutely ZERO inside info, but everything I'm reading feels like Coleman to Texas and Green to Duke. Ugh.

Based on what I have seen, I think the order is

Green
Coleman

and everyone else.

And the line between Green and Coleman is pretty fine. Coleman is really really good too.
I'd say ... lol. Geez ... feed the post, Matt. Feed it! Nice L teardrop like Tee says, and pretty good range too. Can get in the lane and wreck havoc.

I like Coleman a lot but everyone seems to think he is going to Texas. Is there a reason for this? Has he talked a lot about them or something? Is it that is style matches Smart's tempo and style of play? Just trying to understand.

I like Coleman a lot but everyone seems to think he is going to Texas. Is there a reason for this? Has he talked a lot about them or something? Is it that is style matches Smart's tempo and style of play? Just trying to understand.

I think most of the dot connecting with Texas is just Smart and Team USA.

Can be Texas' next TJ Ford while we grab our next Melo.

Or he can come be a part of the 2017 and 2018 Cuse teams which will be VERY special.

Can be Texas' next TJ Ford while we grab our next Melo.

Or he can come be a part of the 2017 and 2018 Cuse teams which will be VERY special.

Or the realistic possibility of having 0 career starts among the starting 5 and none of the elite freshman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom