Class of 2017 - PG Matt Coleman (VA) to Texas | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Matt Coleman (VA) to Texas

The plot thickens.

I wonder what Green thinks of this.

I'd hope he thinks that, if he wants to be at Cuse, then all he needs to do is say so. He's still our #1 target.

But, that we're not going to leave the light on for him forever, and need to lock down a quality 2017 PG, should he choose to go elsewhere.

Still think we are late to the party and Horns are in drivers seat.

Still have to feel it out.

image.jpeg

The plot thickens.

I wonder what Green thinks of this.
Geen has to accept that until he decides to go steady, we're going to continue to date other people.

I like Coleman a lot but everyone seems to think he is going to Texas. Is there a reason for this? Has he talked a lot about them or something? Is it that is style matches Smart's tempo and style of play? Just trying to understand.
Coleman and Smart have a relationship that goes back years. If Smart had stayed at VCU, Coleman probably would be considering them, IMO. Conventional wisdom around here says that UNC was Coleman's dream school, but that, short of an offer from them, he'll follow Smart to Texas.

Offered by Duke and Kansas today...Duke not so sure about Mr Green anymore huh? ;)

Ahhh yeah! Green bringing Bamba to SU did not go unnoticed. Things seemed unsure for us this summer when Green went out to try and get his Duke n UK offers which he got. But he's smart and knows he wasn't their 1st priority, while he has been SU's top guy for a while. Things are swinging back our way.

Anyone else feel like somebody amongst these PGs will commit someplace soon and that will trigger a rapid sequence of the rest commiting? There is at least some risk for these players that all chairs get filled and they wind up at a UConn or Seton Hall type program. I know we view them as being in the drivers seat but the big boy programs are playing a bit of hardball as well. Has to be at least somewhat nerve wracking for the kids.

Ahhh yeah! Green bringing Bamba to SU did not go unnoticed. Things seemed unsure for us this summer when Green went out to try and get his Duke n UK offers which he got. But he's smart and knows he wasn't their 1st priority, while he has been SU's top guy for a while. Things are swinging back our way.
This might be just me but I'm thinking Bamba and Green want to play together. Bamba is not No. 1 for Dook and maybe not now for Green. If things continue to play out like this I really, really like our chances on getting both. Then throw in Randolph and you have a great start to '17.

This might be just me but I'm thinking Bamba and Green want to play together. Bamba is not No. 1 for Dook and maybe not now for Green. If things continue to play out like this I really, really like our chances on getting both. Then throw in Randolph and you have a great start to '17.

Then round it out with Tucker and Hameir Wright and we are golden.

I guess I'd be ok with that :p

Duke fans hitting up Coleman like crazy on Twitter. Maybe they sense Quade is going to wind up somewhere else.

Duke fans hitting up Coleman like crazy on Twitter. Maybe they sense Quade is going to wind up somewhere else.

Man, landing Quade would be huge.

Both in terms of adding such a skilled player, and in terms of what it would mean setting the table for the class of 2017.

What are the chances he's a fall commit [versus the spring]?

Both in terms of adding such a skilled player, and in terms of what it would mean setting the table for the class of 2017.

No clue. Jake thinks it'll go well into the season. Quade originally said he was looking at a September decision and then backed off that. I really think the staff pushes for some sort of fall decision,since he's a lynchpin but that's just my opinion.

I'm with you, RF.

Green is the key for 2017 recruiting from both the skill set aspect and the likely domino effect with other recruits. The staff has put a lot of effort in Green.

I also love Coleman's skill set and would be more than happy with either. Coleman is underrated, IMO.

not that this is always the case but the final visit is usually the destination

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom