Class of 2017 - PG Matt Coleman (VA) to Texas | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Matt Coleman (VA) to Texas

not that this is always the case but the final visit is usually the destination

Quite often that is the case and Shaka Smart has been on him a long time. It would not be at all surprising if he ended up at Texas. I do like the fact that even though we are still recruiting Green we aren't neglecting other possible targets at PG.

This is going to be fascinating to watch. A big time school is going to be left standing for 2017 PGs when the music stops. I really hope it isn't us.

This is going to be fascinating to watch. A big time school is going to be left standing for 2017 PGs when the music stops. I really hope it isn't us.

I agree. Though if it is us we will most likely poach a Washington or Alvarado from the Buttgers of the world but it is a significant drop in levels between the top and second line PG's in an already thin PG class

The Duke (and Kansas) Effect. Neither was on his list of Final Ten, but here they are in his Final Five. SU, Stanford, and Texas are the only 3 who survived the original list of 10.

Had Duke & Kansas even offered him when he listed his top ten?

Had Duke & Kansas even offered him when he listed his top ten?
Which is sort of the point. The Duke (and Kansas and likely Kentucky) Effect: If they offer, the original list becomes moot.

The "mutual" thing is interesting. I don't see why it would be mutual unless cuse coaches had a REALLY good idea they had their pg. It's not like saving face would be necessary... nobody gets every recruit. So in that sense it seems to point to good news about Green. But... it definitely removes the safety net if Green doesn't go our way.

And maybe, just maybe, " IF" we don't get Green. I think JB would go open the door with IW. Isaiah Washington.

I think this is a strong indication that Green has given us the green light on being Orange. Coleman will be a fine player but I did notice an over reliance on his left hand and although he is left handed he will need to do some work on his right hand and becoming better at going to his left when he makes his break around defenders. I think he would do himself well to go to UT. Best of luck to him.

All have to agree that a silent commitment makes little sense though. The sooner it becomes public, the sooner Syracuse can make serious headway in assembling a top notch team around Quade. That effort is in the best interests of both parties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom