Class of 2019 - PG Mika Adams-Woods (NY) | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Mika Adams-Woods (NY)

I like his game. Not a dynamic scorer nor high volume shooter but isn’t prone to mistakes - over 2 assists/1 TO ratio/game.( 3.2 assists/1.2 TO/game). Selective scorer with good stats - .496 from 2 pt, .366 from 3 and a very good free throw shooter. (over 80% every year) Disciplined player on man to man defense too. He’s a grad transfer with actually higher % shooting stats than Judah.

I like his game. Not a dynamic scorer nor high volume shooter but isn’t prone to mistakes - over 2 assists/1 TO/game. Selective scorer with good stats - .496 from 2 pt, .366 from 3 and a very good free throw shooter. (over 80% every year) Disciplined player on man to man defense too. He’s a grad transfer.

It wouldn't be flashy but this would be a good add if Judah is gone. Immediately adds some experience with Joe leaving as well to mix with the youngsters.

If Judah returns of course wouldn't make sense.

Could he be a lead guard? This is exactly the type of experienced player we need to run the show (if he has the skills to play PG).
He’s been their lead guard at Cincy. Very good ball handler. I didn’t notice this past year but in prior years, he was tasked guarding the toughest offensive guard on defense.

Adams-Woods for a year than Bethea or junior Copeland running the show is cool with me.

If Judah is gone, of course.

Don't know a thing but.. believe dasher mentioned I believe us looking at another guard.. Wonder if Judah has quietly spoken to his intentions and things are moving as a result. Local kid just suddenly puts name into the portal right before deadline. Lot of coincidence with this.

Don't know a thing.. dasher mentioned I believe us looking at another guard.. Wonder if Judah has quietly spoken to his intentions and things are moving as a result. Local kid just suddenly puts name into the portal right before deadline. Lot of coincidence with this.
My thoughts exactly. Especially since MAW had already announced that he was using his Covid year at UC. Hard to believe he would enter the portal now if he didn’t have a plan.

Hometown team called and asked him to be their point guard for a season? Makes too much sense given what the word with Judah is.

This makes ALOT of sense if Judah doesn’t come back. We shall see

The more I rewatch Judahs highlights then go back to Benny's comments on how he will do in the 2 on 2s then you look at the value of a guard who is so good at beating his man 1 v 1 and drawing contact in the lane... I want Judah back but the kid can ball and his game is next level. He can add the deep threat while in the league.

This would be a great plug and play while Judah becomes hopefully the next stalwart cuse fam in the league to give Grant ,Oshae and MCW some company and maybe Cole if he gets his shot next year.

Having another guard in the league can be another positive to help Red on the recruiting trail.

I like his game. Not a dynamic scorer nor high volume shooter but isn’t prone to mistakes - over 2 assists/1 TO ratio/game.( 3.2 assists/1.2 TO/game). Selective scorer with good stats - .496 from 2 pt, .366 from 3 and a very good free throw shooter. (over 80% every year) Disciplined player on man to man defense too. He’s a grad transfer with actually higher % shooting stats than Judah.

Sounds like a more talented Symir, which would be a nice fit next to our young whippersnapper guards.

Averaged close to 30 MPG last season. Unless he's ok with coming off the bench, I don't know if he considers SU.

I had heard he wanted to play with Charles Pride this year. Let’s see if that’s true.

Can anyone map him to another college/NBA guard? Don’t know much about him but the basics.

Can anyone map him to another college/NBA guard? Don’t know much about him but the basics.

Not an easy one to compare to honestly. He is an opportunistic driver, makes good passes and is solid from the 3pt line. Isn't a guy who presses the issue when it comes to driving and making plays but recognizes when it's there and takes it. Plays with poise on both ends. Just a solid saavy all around guard. Strong defender especially although can get a little too aggressive at times.

A better shooting, better decision making lefty version of Symir maybe is best way to put it? Anyway you look at it I think he fits right in as an experienced guy and solid to pair in a 3 guard line up as he can hit the open 3 consistently. A guy a good team with more dynamic pieces around loves to have.

Not an easy one to compare to honestly. He is an opportunistic driver, makes good passes and is solid from the 3pt line. Isn't a guy who presses the issue when it comes to driving and making plays but recognizes when it's there and takes it. Plays with poise on both ends. Just a solid saavy all around guard. Strong defender especially although can get a little too aggressive at times.

A better shooting, better decision making lefty version of Symir maybe is best way to put it? Anyway you look at it I think he fits right in as an experienced guy and solid to pair in a 3 guard line up as he can hit the open 3 consistently. A guy a good team with more dynamic pieces around loves to have.

Appreciate the info. Sounds like a solid player to have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom