Class of 2019 - PG Mika Adams-Woods (NY) | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Mika Adams-Woods (NY)

Agreed. That's why I said above that it would be a "risk" to roll with the two sophomores and cross your fingers. Would love to add a legit lead guard, who is an experienced starter and could let those two play off the ball, but with versatility.

Plus, it seems like MAW [going from Orangezoo's scouting report above] would be able to fit with those guys, instead of hunting shots. That doesn't imply that he isn't a capable scorer / shooter, just that he'd compliment what we have.

I am high on Copeland's potential, as well. I'm kind of hoping to see a three-guard lineup, with Westry in the starting lineup. That gives Copeland an opportunity to be the primary backup at multiple positions, and see an increased dose of PT.

On the money. Having a really good mtm defender could help Red and the staff with getting this group locked into playing more mtm as well. Both on court and practice benefits.

I think we can

I respect your inside info a lot more than just accepting the "gut feel" from the coaching staff, given history over the past several years.

They've felt confident about a lot of outcomes on the recruiting trail that ended up not going favorably for SU. And to qualify -- I fully understand that was under a different HC, but these are all the same guys.

I'm always hesitant when the coaching staff feels like a recruiting visit went as well as possible, but we don't get the commit -- ESPECIALLY when the kid wants to visit elsewhere, or set up NEW visits.

But if the kid has ruled out Miss State, I feel a lot better about our chances. But good to hear. I really want McLeod, and think he could be a great fit for us / alternative to Jesse.

I respect your inside info a lot more than just accepting the "gut feel" from the coaching staff, given history over the past several years.

They've felt confident about a lot of outcomes on the recruiting trail that ended up not going favorably for SU. And to qualify -- I fully understand that was under a different HC, but these are all the same guys.

I'm always hesitant when the coaching staff feels like a recruiting visit went as well as possible, but we don't get the commit -- ESPECIALLY when the kid wants to visit elsewhere, or set up NEW visits.

But if the kid has ruled out Miss State, I feel a lot better about our chances. But good to hear. I really want McLeod, and think he could be a great fit for us / alternative to Jesse.
Wrong. They're not the same guys. The different head coach makes total difference.

Wrong. They're not the same guys. The different head coach makes total difference.

What are you talking about? "Not the same guys?" Three of those guys have been on the staff for quite some time.

No argument about the new energy, but noting that 3 out of the 4 principals have been with the program and were the same guys who haven't necessarily had their fingers on the pulse correctly with recruiting is NOT wrong.

99.9% not happening.
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

There’s a universe out there where Mark Schmidt is the coach at Syracuse and I wouldn’t hate to be in that universe

I'd be fascinated to know the story here. Usually people drop down a level when they aren't starting. He was a starter and putting up solid numbers. Did they recruit over him?

I'd be fascinated to know the story here. Usually people drop down a level when they aren't starting. He was a starter and putting up solid numbers. Did they recruit over him?

They sort of did but the frosh coming in are unproven and hard to say if they are good enough yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom