Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 167 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question:

Who would you rather have running the PG position next year, Franklin Howard as a junior or Quade Green? Assume Howard continues to improve as he has from his freshman to sophomore season.

This is an honest question and isn't meant to be a slight on Quade at all.

I admit that I don't know much about Quade aside from a few highlight videos I've seen. However, even if Quade is as good as some say, I think it may be a closer matchup than some think.
We don't have anyone guaranteed except Howard. (Watch him blow up and go pro somehow)

No 2g, no backup pg and no backup 2g.

Quick question:

Who would you rather have running the PG position next year, Franklin Howard as a junior or Quade Green? Assume Howard continues to improve as he has from his freshman to sophomore season.

This is an honest question and isn't meant to be a slight on Quade at all.

I admit that I don't know much about Quade aside from a few highlight videos I've seen. However, even if Quade is as good as some say, I think it may be a closer matchup than some think.
Next year? Howard.

Quade is not a one and done guy, so he would have stepped in as a sophomore and got major PT at the PG spot. He and Howard could have played together as well, but it would have been Howard's show IMO.

But not getting Quade more means that we swung and missed on a lot of major recruits for 2017. No way we get Diallo now either.

If Battle comes back, losing Quade won't impact our team too much next year, but moreso in 2018. Obviously now we have to look at 2018 PGs though. I suspect Howard will leave after his junior year for the NBA

If he doesn't come it's meant to be. The way Boeheim is holding Battle back from making name for himself (Dion) his freshman year to retain him for next year ( prob for own good actually) allows us luxury of recruiting Top 2018 guards who will view the opportunity better expecting Tyus to move to nba. Soph year. If Quade doesn't love us he can hit the road as far as I'm concerned
Where do people get this idea after 3 (three) games? JB has had nothing but praise for TB. Dion, MCW were completely different situations. JB is all about winning - Tyus will play as much as JB thinks he can contribute to that goal.

We have been lukewarm with Cam Reddish. Today, Red is traveling to watch him in a tourney. Maybe we need a pg. :noidea:

Where do people get this idea after 3 (three) games? JB has had nothing but praise for TB. Dion, MCW were completely different situations. JB is all about winning - Tyus will play as much as JB thinks he can contribute to that goal.
Yeah its pretty nuts. We have a legit national contender this year and next year we only have like 5 players on the roster. To think JB would hold back anything this year at all just because our roster will be depleted next year is ridiculous. I think we'd all take Battle leaving if it means he plays a massive role in us winning a National Title this year

ulfbyE.gif

This has been me reading this thread the last 2 days or so...

P.S. does gratuitous, poorly done, 80's movie gore get banned on here when posted?

No. My position is he announces Syracuse tonight.

Let's leave it at that. I've been coached by some well respected forum members to be as vague as possible and I'm sticking to that advice.

After he announces he is coming, can you provide clarity on the whole situation?

Some people are stupid. But most people think they know more than they really do. Especially about the motivations of decision makers. Being a real decision maker (like the HC of a major sports organization) involves manifold considerations, nuances, and judgments. Most people think they can isolate one thing and make sweeping assessments about everything even though they have maybe 25% of the relevant information and about 10% of the required awareness.

Yup, it's astonishing. The passion exuded on this board is palpable. At UK he is just another one of many passing through and soon forgotten whereas at Cuse his name would be revered and remembered long after he has left. He would have the team spotlight on him and at UK he would just be another guard.
Oddly, perhaps, that's part of Cal's recruiting pitch. Come to Kentucky, and you'll be part of a team. If you want 30 minutes or 20 shots a game, if you want the spotlight on you and not on your teammates, you need to go someplace else. Apparently that works with some recruits. Kentucky gets enough of them certainly. But it wouldn't be a selling point if Quade really wants to be the man. Whether he does or not, I suppose, is the question.

Some people only listen to stuff they want to hear and deny anything that isn't something they want to happen
So true! People believe what they want to believe. To the point of making up their own facts. A major theme this last election. It's kind of understandable when you let emotions get the better of you. But it makes rational discourse extremely difficult.

The Disney Channel with co-hosts Goofy and Cal. Special prizes to the first 500 that are able to determine which host is Goofy and which one is Cal.

As someone who has met paypalcal, they do look alike.

Staff needs to man up.
Someone suggested that, if a coach 'snitches,' world wide Wes tells players not to go to that coach's school. But, isn't that what's already happening?

There needs to be a major media story about this, to SHAME the NCAA into action. NYTimes or Espn...

This WWW paranoia is hillarious, if the kid chooses UK, he's doing it because he thinks that's better for his future. There is no Boogie Man! I hope that is just internet talk, because it's silly.

Someone suggested that, if a coach 'snitches,' world wide Wes tells players not to go to that coach's school. But, isn't that what's already happening?

There needs to be a major media story about this, to SHAME the NCAA into action. NYTimes or Espn...
I want Green to be Orange just as much as anyone, but every metric, except of Syracuse fans desires, points to UK over SU for Quade. He saw Fox basically insure himself as the first pg taken in next years NBA draft in person at MSG. Why is it so hard to imagine this player choosing the better school for his needs?
What school gives him more exposure? What school will give him more talented players to dish the rock to? What school will not ask him to play 2-3 zone? What school has the better lineage of guards to nba stardom? What school has posh residence halls? And on and on...

Status
Not open for further replies.