Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 182 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking everything that our board insiders have said, I personally think it's going to be Syracuse.

Jake is trying to make sure that we're all surprised when he announces for Syracuse. Jake also said that nothing would surprise him at this point. Dash says he's 50/50. Cuseman/JB44 say that we have zero chance. OM13 is positive that it's us.

I'm with Jordoo on this, but I'm a pretty optimistic person!!

Nope! I'm already over it thankfully. This thread was great closure.

Taking everything that our board insiders have said, I personally think it's going to be Syracuse.

Jake is trying to make sure that we're all surprised when he announces for Syracuse. Jake also said that nothing would surprise him at this point. Dash says he's 50/50. Cuseman/JB44 say that we have zero chance. OM13 is positive that it's us.

Go to bed and check back in the morning

It's uk

th

Kid's team just lost 8th grade tourney championship by 2, got home and watched condensed whooping of football game on dvr, not ready for the final nutpunch to complete my Saturday...

He believed in separate but equal. Btw - trunp appreciates the electoral votes and kim davis says Hi.
Billy Reed (Sports Illustrated, Basketball Times, Louisville Courier Journal) writes about Rupp. It's a curious thing. I exchanged e-mails with Marvin Kalb a few years back, and Kalb said he clearly remembers newspaper accounts of Rupp saying no Jew or black would ever play for him. That was in the early '50s, when Kalb went to CCNY. Turns out they already had played for him, and Rupp would start recruiting blacks in the '50s, before any other coach in the SEC or ACC, including Dean Smith, who is widely regarded as among the most progressive head coaches in the South. If you're old enough to remember the atrocities of that time, you can imagine how no black teenager wanted to be the Jackie Robinson of college basketball in the Deep South, particularly on road trips, where you couldn't sleep or eat in the same place as your white teammates. Kalb couldn't reconcile the facts, but he was adamant about the newspaper account of Rupp's racism. It almost makes me want to go the library and conduct one of those old tedious microfiche searches of what was written about Rupp in the '40s and '50s. But that's just one more thing I'll never get around to.

Jeez, it's almost time.

Cool. See you back here Monday for Sidebe's announcement. I'm too excited about the season to get down about it. Good luck to Quade. I hope it works out for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.