Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 98 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
What else would Quade be doing here to "sign some things"

Sounds like a done deal...

Midnight... the deed has been done... but where? Not getting a positive vibe on this one... there seems to have been a large disturbance in the force.

What else would Quade be doing here to "sign some things"

Sounds like a done deal...

And then makes a surprise visit to MSG to see Kentucky play then wakes up this morning saying he's ready to make a decision.

I wouldn't read too much into a Twitter page, but he has a lot of SU ball retweets.

He will commit to Syracuse and people will continue to hate me.

And I'll live.

What was his reasoning to visit MSG as a guest of UK then the next day ready to announce his decision after he mentioned Cal has been contacting him a lot recently? No offense to you and I'm trying to discredit you, but this situation is almost a carbon copy of Bryant.

Guys I have no inside info...but when I met QUADE at MSG I gave him a really good no doucheyness Syracuse Nation wants you and loves you. Even mentioned we are waiting for your Saturday commitment. At Neuman Gorretti.

It looked like it meant a lot to him. Judging by his reaction to it...I know that means nothing...it looked like he was extremely happy with Cuse. If I'm wrong, I didn't promise anything. But he honestly looked Cuse.

Last edited:
He has signed with Syracuse. Coaches notified.

No need for anymore PMs. I'm in Erie, PA right now and have to get up early to be at SU tomorrow afternoon.

Good weekend to be in the dome!

Yes!!! We needed him so,so much. If this is true it confirms what I saw in the minutes I very luckily got to meet him - guy loved Cuse and it was so evident!!! How much would that have sucked if her went to paycal. Amazing

No need for anymore PMs. I'm in Erie, PA right now and have to get up early to be at SU tomorrow afternoon.

Here's me putting together 2 and 2 to get 5: maybe he did come up and sign an NLI but then changed his mind and asked for it back since nothing has been announced.

I don't buy that "no pun intended" I don't believe Quade is the type of kid that would choose a school because of money. If Quade feels he is a great PG, it doesn't matter what which team he plays for because he is going to get drafted whether here or there at the same draft spot.. He knows playing at UK that he will have some great players to play with, and the same at SU. I buy the fact that he has built a relationship with SU over 2 years and he isn't going to any other place than right here at SU. He is going to run his team, playing in front of the #1 fan base, underneath one on the top, if not the top HOF JB. His talent will show more at SU because he will be the main man here playing with a group of real good players rather than playing with a bunch of guys who think they are the main players at UK...

How think they are the main players at UK? I usually don't post, just observe from a distance but I have to say something. I'm sure I will get completely bashed for even commenting here and that's fine. I mean no disrespect to anyone but that last sentence is absurd. Kentucky has brought in some very high character kids who have sacrificed mins and points for the betterment of the team and of themselves. You can though shade at Cal all you want but the kids he's recruited are high character kids. Of all the players that have went OAD at UK, only 1 did not finish his full year of school and that was a BCG recruit that Cal just kept in Daniel Orton. The rest of them, every single one of them, finish the year at school and many of them have come back and graduated and/or are taking classes towards their degree. How can you say anything bad about Towns or Davis? Wall and Bledsoe? Brandon Knight and Terrence Jones?

No offense but your statement thinking that Quade "isn't that type of kid" is based on nothing. I don't know what his family situation is, but if your family made less than $50k your entire life and you were offered $100k or $200k to play basketball at a high level program, you would seriously consider it and mostly disregard any potential consequences. Calipari has consistently swooped in at the last week, day, and hour and stolen top 25 kids from other top programs. Sometimes it makes sense, sometimes it makes almost no sense. What does a 2 year pseudo-friendship mean when faced with big time money or unquantifiable perks?

Do you honestly believe that? Do you really believe that Cal swoops in and offers kids hundreds of thousands of dollars to come to UK? Really? He has enough to sell without having to pull out a single dime to get kids to come. I dont know/care what he did prior to UK but it's crazy to think he pays players to come to UK. Just down right absurd! It amazes me how other fan bases will always claim cheating when a recruit commits to a Blue Blood school. When UK loses in state players to Alabama in football, I know it's not because Bama is paying them to come, it's because theyre a blue blood in football and I understand that. Same thing in basketball. Syracuse is an elite basketball school, no question about it and very respected program and coach but Duke and UK are on another level right now. I know it sucks to admit that but it's true and you can't blame kids for wanting to play on the biggest stage, in the biggest games, and with the best players. It's not money , it's those facts that sale themselves for Cal. Not to mention he has a habit of making kids millionaires. It sales itself. Why can't people just see the facts instead of saying they must be cheating. Ask any respected and intelligent person around the college basketball world and they'll tell you the same. Cuse doesn't need to pay players either.

He'll then be considered an overrated, 2nd round if he's lucky, sell out who had multiple briefcases of cash delivered to him.

The latter might actually be true. Be careful.

Guys, guys, we shouldn't be worrying. Put yourself in Quade's shoes. Would you rather play for Kentucky or the 2017 National Champions? Exactly.

Yeah, cause it's a given THAT will happen. :rolleyes:

If this is true it's only matter a time before it is leaked...no way they can keep this quiet until Saturday

Do you honestly believe that? Do you really believe that Cal swoops in and offers kids hundreds of thousands of dollars to come to UK? Really? He has enough to sell without having to pull out a single dime to get kids to come. I dont know/care what he did prior to UK but it's crazy to think he pays players to come to UK. Just down right absurd! It amazes me how other fan bases will always claim cheating when a recruit commits to a Blue Blood school. When UK loses in state players to Alabama in football, I know it's not because Bama is paying them to come, it's because theyre a blue blood in football and I understand that. Same thing in basketball. Syracuse is an elite basketball school, no question about it and very respected program and coach but Duke and UK are on another level right now. I know it sucks to admit that but it's true and you can't blame kids for wanting to play on the biggest stage, in the biggest games, and with the best players. It's not money , it's those facts that sale themselves for Cal. Not to mention he has a habit of making kids millionaires. It sales itself. Why can't people just see the facts instead of saying they must be cheating. Ask any respected and intelligent person around the college basketball world and they'll tell you the same. Cuse doesn't need to pay players either.
Who said Cal pays players, I don't think Cal pays players. Now world wide Wes and other boosters, that's a different story. Duke has been on another level, UK has not but certainly looks better this year.

I KNOW what our own D. Coleman was told on his visit: you don't have to go to class or take tests.

Comparing Syracuse basketball to Kentucky football is not helping your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.