Class of 2022 - PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Westley
JJ
Taylor
Copeland
Bunch

For this to be a truly outstanding class, which by all accounts it's shaping up to be, I think we need to land any two of those players in any combination, in addition to Lands.

No reason to think this will happen, but if Lands doesn't make it here for any reason, then we'd need to land three from that list.

First world problems, for sure. Any two from that list, and we are reeling in a monster class.

Kadary Richmond 2.0
Imo better attitude/better motor coming out of hs. Thats not being bitter, Kadary hardly had to try in HS.

I think Copeland’s more poised to make a more immediate impact should we land him.

Imo better attitude/better motor coming out of hs. Thats not being bitter, Kadary hardly had to try in HS.

I think Copeland’s more poised to make a more immediate impact should we land him.
Really? I'd be surprised if Copeland makes as much of an immediate impact.

That said, long-term I think he could be an absolute force.

Really? I'd be surprised if Copeland makes as much of an immediate impact.

That said, long-term I think he could be an absolute force.
By impact I guess I more meant early consistent PT.

I think the slow roll out of Kadary had some to do with JB/co teaching him hustle, the college pace of the game in order to near closer to his defensive potential. Just my thought.

By impact I guess I more meant early consistent PT.

I think the slow roll out of Kadary had some to do with JB/co teaching him hustle, the college pace of the game in order to near closer to his defensive potential. Just my thought.

No, I’m pretty sure he was so good that JB just was outclassed and didn’t know how to handle it. He’d never coached a player that good before and it showed, unfortunately.

No, I’m pretty sure he was so good that JB just was outclassed and didn’t know how to handle it. He’d never coached a player that good before and it showed, unfortunately.

Never coached a player that good? Lol. I think Melo, DC, Billy, Sherm, and at least 20 others would like to have a word with you.

Pearl was the most talented guard to ever play at Syracuse in the JB era. I say that with the caveat that Dave Bing was likely the greatest but I am only discussing players from Coach B's tenure. I loved Sherm, Dion, Billy Edelin, GMac, and many others. Kadary had the potential to join the group but to say he was as better than all of them is simply incorrect. Melo, DC and Pearl are on his Mount Rushmore of players. Personally, I add Sherm and Billy Owens as the five best college players in Coach B's career. GMac, Moten, Dion, Wes, and John Wallace are my second five.Would Kadary replace any of them? Who knows but while I loved the potential I do not think so. Apologies to Ronnie Seikaly an Grant both of whom were hard to leave off my personal list.

I won’t tell you how bad that is, but historically, he doesn’t make Honorable mention of SU guards, let alone players
If that is true where do you rank Joe?

If that is true where do you rank Joe?
Joe doesn’t rank either, and Buddy is TBD.
Dion, Triche, MCW, Battle, Devo, GMac, Flynn, Edelin, are ahead of both, just to name a few

Last edited:
Visiting June 22-24. Squeezing him in next week between Westry and Starling. I think SU let the guards know the train is pulling out of the station and they need to get their ticket soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom