Class of 2022 - PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dasher is right. Devo never had a season as good as Buddy last year. Offensively his season last year stacks up with any recent player besides maybe Hughes.
So the measure is a half a season, not a career. Devo was far better at getting to the rim, getting to the line, and dribbling, just to name a few important parts of the game.
Now, if you want to argue that off the court issues detracted from Devo's value to the team, I am not an insider, so I do not know about that.
Also, I suspect, but do not know, that Buddy is a leader who commands respect within the team given how hard he works and how he has handled his burdens, which no player at SU has ever had.
I think Buddy is great, at what he does, and I hope he continues his improvement. He is a right type of player at the right time in the right system with the right coach. He could be huge this year, and will create a lot of chances for others just by being on the court.

That’s a long guard.

4C210548-3B8D-46DA-80C7-213CB8FD678C.jpeg

So the measure is a half a season, not a career. Devo was far better at getting to the rim, getting to the line, and dribbling, just to name a few important parts of the game.
Now, if you want to argue that off the court issues detracted from Devo's value to the team, I am not an insider, so I do not know about that.
Also, I suspect, but do not know, that Buddy is a leader who commands respect within the team given how hard he works and how he has handled his burdens, which no player at SU has ever had.
I think Buddy is great, at what he does, and I hope he continues his improvement. He is a right type of player at the right time in the right system with the right coach. He could be huge this year, and will create a lot of chances for others just by being on the court.
Hard to compare the 2. Both excellent players. If they played
1 on 1 Devo wins 8 out of 10.

Hard to compare the 2. Both excellent players. If they played
1 on 1 Devo wins 8 out of 10.
yeah, you have no idea if that is true and second, if it was...so what? That isn't how the game of basketball is won 5 on 5.

Devo is better at getting to the rim. Getting to the line. And dribbling. Buddy is better at getting his team wins by scoring baskets in waves. To each his own.

I once had a conversation with an SU assistant coach comparing some of the guards from the 2002 to 2009 era, right before the 09-10 season. One of his telling quotes was "GMac would stink half the game but he'd make winning plays when we needed it. Devo would get himself a nice statline. Scoop will drive you crazy but win us more games this year." I'd be willing to bet he would value Buddy over Devo in a heartbeat.

This 8 min condensed game is a few months old so it may have been posted before. So apologies if it has. But it’s a HS game and Copeland looks way more under control and makes some sweet assists, nice drives to the basket and hits a couple jumpers. None of the crazy stuff. Maybe it’s because it’s a HS game vs an AAU or all star game.

This 8 min condensed game is a few months old so it may have been posted before. So apologies if it has. But it’s a HS game and Copeland looks way more under control and makes some sweet assists, nice drives to the basket and hits a couple jumpers. None of the crazy stuff. Maybe it’s because it’s a HS game vs an AAU or all star game.

Those are extremely impressive highlights.

I looked up the newspaper article on the game to see if I could get some stats and found Quadir had 28 points, 8 assists, and 6 rebounds. And that's going up against the undefeated top ranked team in the state.

Wagner (the #1 ranked player in the country in his grade) had 22.

yeah, you have no idea if that is true and second, if it was...so what? That isn't how the game of basketball is won 5 on 5.
You just made my point. Thx

I looked up the newspaper article on the game to see if I could get some stats and found Quadir had 28 points, 8 assists, and 6 rebounds. And that's going up against the undefeated top ranked team in the state.

I would imagine he would be more dedicated on defense here than in high school.

You just made my point. Thx
Really? I bet you would have said the same exact things about Devo and Rautins, Andy. And last I looked, the guys that get paid to make these kind of judgments, drafted Andy, not Devo. And Andy actually played a few games in the NBA. Let's see if Buddy gets drafted. Oh, and if you read my post, I didn't make your point at all. . Reading and understanding is your friend. I said you don't know that. And EVEN, if he would, the game is played 5 on 5. The word even, has a meaning. It means that I don't concede that point but even if I did, it would be meaningless. That isn't how the game is played. I have no problem with people who disagree with me on this. Devo is a sacred cow here. But the team was better off without him in what would have been his sr year. And when he didn't play in a key game his jr game, we won a big road game.

Really? I bet you would have said the same exact things about Devo and Rautins, Andy. And last I looked, the guys that get paid to make these kind of judgments, drafted Andy, not Devo. And Andy actually played a few games in the NBA. Let's see if Buddy gets drafted. Oh, and if you read my post, I didn't. reading is your friend. I said you don't know that. And EVEN, if he would, the game is played 5 on 5. The word even, has a meaning. It means that I don't concede that point but even if I did, it would be meaningless. That isn't how the game is played. I have no problem with people who disagree with me on this. Devo is a sacred cow here.
Wow. Ok. Even though you didnt mean to make my point its ok that you did:) There both good players. As i said very different. If they played a game of HORSE Buddy would win 8 out of 10:)

I would imagine he would be more dedicated on defense here than in high school.

i was looking for him on defense but it’s hard to say because for the most part he wasn’t up top or guarding a guard. Looked like most of the time he was down low someplace guarding a forward . Probably because Copeland is one of their taller players.

nice stat line. Thanks for the research.

Wow. Ok. Even though you didnt mean to make my point its ok that you did:) There both good players. As i said very different. If they played a game of HORSE Buddy would win 8 out of 10:)
LOL

Good God I love tangents but please stop with this insipid Buddy Devo argument. Quadir Copeland is coming next week, please don’t make us hopefully click on his thread and get hosed by that pointless drivel. Focus boys.

Really? I bet you would have said the same exact things about Devo and Rautins, Andy. And last I looked, the guys that get paid to make these kind of judgments, drafted Andy, not Devo. And Andy actually played a few games in the NBA. Let's see if Buddy gets drafted. Oh, and if you read my post, I didn't make your point at all. . Reading and understanding is your friend. I said you don't know that. And EVEN, if he would, the game is played 5 on 5. The word even, has a meaning. It means that I don't concede that point but even if I did, it would be meaningless. That isn't how the game is played. I have no problem with people who disagree with me on this. Devo is a sacred cow here. But the team was better off without him in what would have been his sr year. And when he didn't play in a key game his jr game, we won a big road game.
I’m sure you guys could easily slide into each other’s DM’s and finish eh?

I’m sure you guys could easily slide into each other’s DM’s and finish eh?
You might not have noticed but it is finished. You actually just kept it going. You should have posted this hours ago.

You might not have noticed but it is finished. You actually just kept it going. You should have posted this hours ago.
1624069438119.png

Hours? I mean, I get where you are coming from…but

I’m sorry. PM me if you wanna keep this going. It’s dumb. Don’t want to keep clogging this thread up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom