Class of 2022 - PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was looking for him on defense but it’s hard to say because for the most part he wasn’t up top or guarding a guard. Looked like most of the time he was down low someplace guarding a forward . Probably because Copeland is one of their taller players.
The parts that stood out to me were when he was sort of guarding a guard and he let them pass and then he tried the reach around. Or, a big guy (about the same size as him) got the ball down low, and he just let him go. I honestly don't think it is a big deal, not every kid in high school plays defense with much intensity. He has the size and athleticism to be a GREAT defender, especially at the top of the zone, and I believe that is what he would be, a great defender.

Those are extremely impressive highlights.

I looked up the newspaper article on the game to see if I could get some stats and found Quadir had 28 points, 8 assists, and 6 rebounds. And that's going up against the undefeated top ranked team in the state.

Wagner (the #1 ranked player in the country in his grade) had 22.

I thought Wagner was really impressive. Copeland played more under control than that AAU game and a couple highlights tapes that were making the rounds. He throws those looping passes that can get picked off by college athletes. That part of his game reminded me a bit of Scoop; he used to throw some risky passes like that. Copeland slithers to the rim. His jump shot looks ok, nothing great, but they do go in. He played a lot of matador defense.

Wow. Ok. Even though you didnt mean to make my point its ok that you did:) There both good players. As i said very different. If they played a game of HORSE Buddy would win 8 out of 10:)
Depends. I bet Devo would have higher degree of difficulty shots in his bag, but if Buddy got the lead, different story

Hey its all in fun. On a serious note what did you decide to do about your knee?
Nothing yet. I know what the future holds though. Knee replacement. Thx for asking.

Idk...I think that smile says Orange all over it!

Screenshot_20210622-145050_Instagram.jpg

Copeland definitely brings some swag and flash we haven’t seen from our PGs in awhile. He is really going to explode this summer/senior year as well. Being at IMG is only going to enhance his game immensely. If he ends up here which I wouldn’t be shocked if he committed this weekend to be honest. I would bet by the time he gets to campus next year he’s a top 30 high school prospect. It also feels good that we are getting PLAYERS again. Benny this year, Lands, Taylor, Copeland and a strong possibility of Flip as well. These guys are alllll players that can make immediate impacts. Chance would be in that category as well but who knows with him now. If we get Bunch he’s most likely a 4 year dude that takes a couple years to really make an impact, doesn’t mean he’s a bad get either though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom