Class of 2022 - PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
In awe taking in the Dome...
Screenshot_20210623-123936_Instagram.jpg

If you go to his IG story you can hear it.

Any chance the staff doesn't accept a commitment and waits to see what JJ/Chance do?

It looks like we might know who are guards are going to be by the end of this week. Taylor and Copeland look like locks and maybe one of either JJ or Chance. There’s a lot of flexibility with this group.

I think they will accept a commit but I think they wouldn't be all that upset if he held off a bit. JJ is here this weekend. But at the end of the day, if he wants to say yes, they take him.

Out of curiosity, how might Taylor view us bringing in JJ and Copeland? Doesn't he want to play 2, as well?

Out of curiosity, how might Taylor view us bringing in JJ and Copeland? Doesn't he want to play 2, as well?
Plus then you got Westry

I think Q and Taylor could play the 3 in the zone

His dad did a player introduction for Quadir...
"6'8 freshman point guard out of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania... Quadir Copeland!"
View attachment 202547View attachment 202548
Q blew kisses to the "crowd." :)

He is all in on the Orange.
Kid’s won me over. I’ve preferred Chance the whole time but it’s kids like this that brought us to our last golden age.

All in on Copeland.

that said, hope we get Chance too!

tee's H0T Takes brought to you by the good people of Foot Locker:
Watch that New Balance sweatshirt, young man! Last thing we need is another intern. Too soon? Discuss!
tenor.png
Man I was about to post something similar about NB stealing our recruits but ran into yours 1st.

I think we’d take all 3. Defensively it’d probably be Copeland and JJ at the top, with Taylor playing the 3.

Offensively you can have JJ run the point or Copeland, either can play off the ball as well. Then you’ll obviously have Taylor in the Buddy role no matter who is running point. He’ll be coming off screens, cutting etc...That’s an athletic group that can score the rock. Then you’ll have Lands who will probably be in the back line defensively. Would be interesting how they play him offensively, maybe like a Braswell or a stretch 4 if those other three are on the court with him. I think Benny is here for those guys freshman year as well. The years 22 and 23 we could be fielding helluva basketball teams

I think we’d take all 3. Defensively it’d probably be Copeland and JJ at the top, with Taylor playing the 3.

Offensively you can have JJ run the point or Copeland, either can play off the ball as well. Then you’ll obviously have Taylor in the Buddy role no matter who is running point. He’ll be coming off screens, cutting etc...That’s an athletic group that can score the rock. Then you’ll have Lands who will probably be in the back line defensively. Would be interesting how they play him offensively, maybe like a Braswell or a stretch 4 if those other three are on the court with him. I think Benny is here for those guys freshman year as well. The years 22 and 23 we could be fielding helluva basketball teams

We could almost run a four SF lineup at times with Taylor, Lands, Williams and Filipkowski with Copeland our point at 6'6.

A while lot of shooting in that lineup, and just enough size. I still want Edwards/Anselem out there 35 minutes a game, but the change of pace lineup...

I've been saying it for a while, nothing against other guys we are recruiting, but I just think this dude is different. Love his game and would love to see him play in the dome.
Is it me or does he remind you of Kyle Lowry?

Sure, we'd "take all 3."

But that doesn't mean that all three would want to come together. Blue chip caliber recruits want to play -- now -- not step into a situation where they might need to sit a year and wait their turn.
For sure but that’s where the staff recruiting comes in. These guys are pretty versatile so they could reasonably be on the floor together. Now would they all want that? Idk. The only players role that seems definitively defined once he steps on campus is Taylor, who is probably the least versatile of the 3 (but still versatile) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teddy19

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom