Class of 2022 - PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found it interesting that Quadir took the time to like every Cuse comment on his IG page when he posted his official visit photos. That had to take some time, there were tons of comments. You can’t fake his enthusiasm. I hope this thing gets locked up soon.

Found it interesting that Quadir took the time to like every Cuse comment on his IG page when he posted his official visit photos. That had to take some time, there were tons of comments. You can’t fake his enthusiasm. I hope this thing gets locked up soon.
Personally I would much rather have this young man than any of the other guards. I believe playing at IMG, he is going to improve dramatically.

I know I'm mostly in the minority here, but Quadir is the one I really want. He'd be a 3+ year stud for us and would be the kind of fearless leader a program needs to do big things.
I can say honestly a class of Lands/Taylor/Copeland, by itself, would leave me feeling very good - any more would be gravy for me.
:)

I know I'm mostly in the minority here, but Quadir is the one I really want. He'd be a 3+ year stud for us and would be the kind of fearless leader a program needs to do big things.
I can say honestly a class of Lands/Taylor/Copeland, by itself, would leave me feeling very good - any more would be gravy for me.

I'm with you in that I like Copeland. Also given the roster as a whole and not just the class I think he is the ideal fit overall while who stays goes or also comes (portal) is an annual unknown.

Yeah I been driving the Quadir bus for a while now too. I think there are better players in his class. I don't think there any point guards in the class that fit what we do better though, and I think we give him the best chance of any program in the country to hit his highest ceiling. And that's why I'll be thrilled when he commits (I don't know anything about anything, I just think it's a matter of time).

Everybody wants quick commitments, but these guys are just completing their junior year in HS. We use to hear just before the November early signing date. It seems we expect earlier and earlier commitments.

Everybody wants quick commitments, but these guys are just completing their junior year in HS. We use to hear just before the November early signing date. It seems we expect earlier and earlier commitments.

For a while we were really good at getting early commits before their Senior years. Dion was the ultimate early commitment but guys like Edelin, MCW and Jonny Flynn were early commits I believe.

I wonder, does Copeland know he is in second position and JJ is a priority?

Seems from all the social media he has to be aware.

If he asks one of the coaches whether they haven't pushed him for a commitment is because they are waiting for JJ first and foremost like everyone is saying, how would the coaches respond?

Putting myself in Copeland's shoes, reading everyone saying I am a "plan B" for the cuse after JJ has to be a bit of a let down, and if I were to read posts on this site, there are many who likes me more than JJ, however the main reason they like me more is because they think I am a 3 year guy and JJ is one and done! How does the coaches smooth this over with recruits in situations like this?

If he asks one of the coaches whether they haven't pushed him for a commitment is because they are waiting for JJ first and foremost like everyone is saying, how would the coaches respond?

Putting myself in Copeland's shoes, reading everyone saying I am a "plan B" for the cuse after JJ has to be a bit of a let down, and if I were to read posts on this site, there are many who likes me more than JJ, however the main reason they like me more is because they think I am a 3 year guy and JJ is one and done! How does the coaches smooth this over with recruits in situations like this?

I guess I don't see him as a "Plan B."

The reason I say that is that the coaches would take his commitment. We have the room to do so.

But they prioritize JJ a bit higher, and don't want him scared off. So they are giving him first crack. If the staff could land both, they would. Copeland might not be willing to do that if JJ commits [along with Taylor]. But then again, he might.

If the coaches made it clear that they would accept his commitment then there’s really nothing else to say. If however they told him to wait, take other visits, etc… then yes, he has every right to weigh his options elsewhere. But if he really wants the Cuse, then he’ll be patient. He’s a junior in HS & there’s still time to finalize his choice.

36ae5aadd62b9ba1767b5dedd50c099c.jpg

Why does it no say COMMITTED next to name?! CUT TIES IMMEDERIATELY

I don’t think he’s Plan B. But maybe he feels that way because he knows JJ is a local kid. Personally, of the prioritized PGs, I want the one who wants us the most.

Yeah I been driving the Quadir bus for a while now too. I think there are better players in his class. I don't think there any point guards in the class that fit what we do better though, and I think we give him the best chance of any program in the country to hit his highest ceiling. And that's why I'll be thrilled when he commits (I don't know anything about anything, I just think it's a matter of time).
This is the kid like MCW who has a higher upside then all the other recruits. He can be one of the greats, and a wonderful sendoff For Jimmy.
I don’t think he’s Plan B. But maybe he feels that way because he knows JJ is a local kid. Personally, of the prioritized PGs, I want the one who wants us the most.
Copeland is the one I want, big guards do well in Jim's offense.

I can cope with Cope

he’s our guy to lead our mini dynasty for several years
His ceiling is high He’s got swag. Ands he’s not a one and done

he’s gonna be our quarterback

I have wanted this kid from Day 1. He's the best player in 2 years and he fits our system perfectly

I guess I don't see him as a "Plan B."

The reason I say that is that the coaches would take his commitment. We have the room to do so.

But they prioritize JJ a bit higher, and don't want him scared off. So they are giving him first crack. If the staff could land both, they would. Copeland might not be willing to do that if JJ commits [along with Taylor]. But then again, he might.

Ok not a "plan B" but a lower priority then JJ.

Now let's say JJ commits, do the coaches then turn to Copeland and ask him to commit as well?

Let's assume he likes the cuse so much that he signs on, but by doing may prompt JJ to decommit if he feels it's getting too crowded especially with JG3 a senior.

I have a hard time seeing JJ, Copeland and JG3 splitting 40 minutes, unless one of them will slide over to SG where we already have JT locked down, not to mention Lands may want to play some 2s.

Not a bad problem to have. I hope we are done with playing guys out of position for a while.

Now let's say JJ commits, do the coaches then turn to Copeland and ask him to commit as well?

Let's assume he likes the cuse so much that he signs on, but by doing may prompt JJ to decommit if he feels it's getting too crowded especially with JG3 a senior.

I have a hard time seeing JJ, Copeland and JG3 splitting 40 minutes, unless one of them will slide over to SG where we already have JT locked down, not to mention Lands may want to play some 2s.

Not a bad problem to have. I hope we are done with playing guys out of position for a while.
I hope and suspect that the coaches are painting that picture for both players. How we want both and how they both fit.

Yes.

And if the queen had...

Enough with the hypotheticals.

Anybody the least concerned that Quadir didn’t commit shortly after what was considered a great visit, especially with Peach Jam coming up during which he is bound to get many offers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom