Class of 2022 - PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s coachable, which it sounds like he is, he will only drive JB a little crazy. He should excite the crowd with the way he plays. His passing can be electric. The between the leg ally opp passes might drive JB a little over the edge.
When did we become so anti-fun. Show me a competitive game in a HS, with the game in doubt, where he did something crazy (like maybe hiking the ball between his legs.)
You are probably the guy who tried to take charges in pick up games.

When did we become so anti-fun. Show me a competitive game in a HS, with the game in doubt, where he did something crazy (like maybe hiking the ball between his legs.)
You are probably the guy who tried to take charges in pick up games.
I think you are right, but I have to admit, that play turned me off a bit, at the time. And, I was vocal about it. I just thought he may cause JB headaches. But, after seeing the interviews, I think I was a bit too judgemental. I have always loved Copeland, he is just a rare combination of size and skills. And, I think his jumper looks pretty decent. I think that will become a strength. He is going to give us a megashot of swag, and we need it.

I'm really happy about this commit. High caliber talent and seems like a good kid.

Would really like to see his commitment video, but unfortunately it is not available in my Country :mad:

I think I will enjoy watching this player. Kind of looks like the type who makes players look good if they move w/o the ball. Hope we can land a running mate and a big rim runner to play with him. Dreaming about the return of the high flying alley-oop days. Who will be our next Stevie Thompson catching his lob passes?

Quadir’s commitment gives us the floor General we needed!

72078612-B24F-441E-9BC9-D3824BBDE682.jpeg

I think you are right, but I have to admit, that play turned me off a bit, at the time. And, I was vocal about it. I just thought he may cause JB headaches. But, after seeing the interviews, I think I was a bit too judgemental. I have always loved Copeland, he is just a rare combination of size and skills. And, I think his jumper looks pretty decent. I think that will become a strength. He is going to give us a megashot of swag, and we need it.
I think my biggest question will be: how long will his leash be? Like the flashy plays are fine if they work, but it seems like Quadir is a little turn over prone right now. Hopefully all that stuff can be cleaned up by the time he gets to campus and earns consistent PT.

I think my biggest question will be: how long will his leash be? Like the flashy plays are fine if they work, but it seems like Quadir is a little turn over prone right now. Hopefully all that stuff can be cleaned up by the time he gets to campus and earns consistent PT.

Lots of HS players can get away with stuff at the prep level that won't fly at the collegiate level.

He'll get that coached out of him quickly -- don't see it as a concern. Flashy is fine, but being flashy and making a mistake instead of just making the simple play is part of the learning curve. Especially for a lead guard. I imagine that will be readily obvious once he hits campus.

He's perfect for next season - with Symir and Joe still here, he gets some run, but he doesn't have to be "the man" his first year. I remember Jonny Flynn throwing a ball of the backboard on a fast break for Paul Harris to dunk. The crowd went nuts, but Boeheim was livid.

So, I kind of expect to see some of that with Quadir during his first season. Make the smart play before you make the flashy one.

He's perfect for next season - with Symir and Joe still here, he gets some run, but he doesn't have to be "the man" his first year. I remember Jonny Flynn throwing a ball of the backboard on a fast break for Paul Harris to dunk. The crowd went nuts, but Boeheim was livid.

So, I kind of expect to see some of that with Quadir during his first season. Make the smart play before you make the flashy one.
A coach told me that the worst flashy plays that drove him nuts were actually the easy plays that some players relished making into difficult and risky ones. He said the best and most efficient players make the difficult plays look easy.

I've seen that play numerous times. A detail I just noticed--Stevie Thompson actually dribbles the ball once before gathering for the finish. Nowadays, it would be a straight run to the rim with the ball ("He didn't have complete control, so it can't be traveling.")

I've seen that play numerous times. A detail I just noticed--Stevie Thompson actually dribbles the ball once before gathering for the finish. Nowadays, it would be a straight run to the rim with the ball ("He didn't have complete control, so it can't be traveling.")
I also noticed it appears he said something to Sherm as he ran past, I imagine something like "let's pizzoff Bobby Knight" lol. If the clip went another few seconds the camera panned over to Knight and the look on his face was priceless.

I also noticed it appears he said something to Sherm as he ran past, I imagine something like "let's pizzoff Bobby Knight" lol. If the clip went another few seconds the camera panned over to Knight and the look on his face was priceless.
I was at that game in the Garden and I reveled in Knight's misery. That was as fun a game as I have ever attended. We ran, alley-ooped and dunked like something out of a Space Jam movie. There were many time Sherman just seemed to throw the ball up in the air and all of a sudden Stevie, Billy, DC or Dave Johnson would appear out of nowhere for the throw down. Knight just seemed defeated by the end of the game and I loved it.

Was Matt Roe really looking for the pass from Stevie? One of, if not our best, open court guys in history on the break with nobody in front of him, in the Garden, against Bobby Knight and Matt wanted Stevie to pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom