Class of 2022 - PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
A coach told me that the worst flashy plays that drove him nuts were actually the easy plays that some players relished making into difficult and risky ones. He said the best and most efficient players make the difficult plays look easy.
A flashy play, just like a huge slam, can really ignite a team and get the juices going. I am all for the flash and dash....as long as the play is actually executed.

Was Matt Roe really looking for the pass from Stevie? One of, if not our best, open court guys in history on the break with nobody in front of him, in the Garden, against Bobby Knight and Matt wanted Stevie to pass?
Now, you would pass it for an open "3".

I mean, folks, reality is... on the offensive end we've been kind of a boring program for a while now.

Copeland doesn't fix that overnight, but he's the kind of player that can make the fast break exciting and adds some creativity that's been missing for a little while.

I'm stoked. I think he changes the trajectory of the program in really fun ways.

I mean, folks, reality is... on the offensive end we've been kind of a boring program for a while now.

Copeland doesn't fix that overnight, but he's the kind of player that can make the fast break exciting and adds some creativity that's been missing for a little while.

I'm stoked. I think he changes the trajectory of the program in really fun ways.

Also that ability to find lanes and finish is big and is just something you get with a Philly guard. They don't need much room at all.

We to my rival high school in Delaware (a couple decades earlier). Pre-Biden, the list of nationally famous Delawareans was Thorogood and Delino DeShields.
Where'd you go? I'm from Hockessin and went to AI.

Valerie Bertinelli's from Delaware. When i was a kid in the 70s, the big deal was that Randy White (Cowboys, HoF) was from DE. Not a big list.

I think I will enjoy watching this player. Kind of looks like the type who makes players look good if they move w/o the ball. Hope we can land a running mate and a big rim runner to play with him. Dreaming about the return of the high flying alley-oop days. Who will be our next Stevie Thompson catching his lob passes?
What we need is a 6-9 215 lb player like DC with an attitude and fire. Wonder if any players like that in the 2022 class?

Where'd you go? I'm from Hockessin and went to AI.

Valerie Bertinelli's from Delaware. When i was a kid in the 70s, the big deal was that Randy White (Cowboys, HoF) was from DE. Not a big list.
Ha, yeah White went to McKean, right? I went to Concord. A couple William Penn kids from my era went to Xavier for basketball. Carmen Wallace went to Duke and captained their worst team ever (great kid by all accounts). And Jamie Duncan from Christiana went to Vandy and then the nfl. It seems the talent has increased in the state lately (capped by DiVincenzo from Sallies, I guess). It’s definitely a small enough group that it’s easy to learn/remember that all! Dallas Green, too, though he accomplished so much in Philly that he’s aligned there.

I was there. After taking bar exam ran into some Cuse guts with tickets.

6th time was the charm?

my-cousin-vinny-1992-002-joe-pesci.jpg

I was there too. Used to work right across the street from the Garden on 31st and 7th. Went with a few fellow alums and one guy who went to St. John's. This guy would argue all the time about who was better, Sherm or his guy Boo Harvey. It was a doubleheader ticket and in the 1st game Harvey hit a buzzer-beater to win the game. The SJU dude was crowing, talking smack about how IU was gonna beat us...again, like the year before with Keith Smart.
As we started the woodshedding of IU he got real quiet, and by the time Sherm made that hike, he couldn't help but cheer. We had several IU fans around us who were real gracious about their azz-whoopin that night, but it didn't really mean much. They still had the NC.

I was there too. Used to work right across the street from the Garden on 31st and 7th. Went with a few fellow alums and one guy who went to St. John's. This guy would argue all the time about who was better, Sherm or his guy Boo Harvey. It was a doubleheader ticket and in the 1st game Harvey hit a buzzer-beater to win the game. The SJU dude was crowing, talking smack about how IU was gonna beat us...again, like the year before with Keith Smart.
As we started the woodshedding of IU he got real quiet, and by the time Sherm made that hike, he couldn't help but cheer. We had several IU fans around us who were real gracious about their azz-whoopin that night, but it didn't really mean much. They still had the NC.
If SU had gotten Boo Harvey, as they tried, we would not have landed Sherman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors