Class of 2022 - PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody been able to find a boxscore? I haven’t yet. This is only an approximation because I didn’t watch every minute but my best guess would be JT had about 18pts, 7 rebs and a few assists while QC had about 14pts, 8 asts and a few rebounds.

I was looking too. Doesn't seem that the local papers cover IMG results either.

Yes, Justin's mom shared that and the roster with me. Pretty sure I posted both in the IMG thread and the Justin thread as well.

Thought I may have seen it here already but I wasn’t sure and I didn’t feel like searching.

Anybody been able to find a boxscore? I haven’t yet. This is only an approximation because I didn’t watch every minute but my best guess would be JT had about 18pts, 7 rebs and a few assists while QC had about 14pts, 8 asts and a few rebounds.

Thanks for watching and reporting back, Rick. We all love to hear stuff like this.

Copeland dropping dimes all over. Has to work on that jumper though.
Well the good news is he wont mind being told not to shoot 3s

Agree 6 turnovers and 5 fouls - the turnovers are particularly concerning for a point guard. Hopefully the coaches and Copeland work on cleaning that up.

I didn’t realize he had 6 but he tries to get too cute or fancy sometimes. That’s part of his “charm” but he needs to learn when to dial it down and I think that will happen. His midcourt alley oop pass for a dunk was a highlight but not something JB would tolerate as it’s probably going to go awry 90% of the time.

I'm actually glad to hear he had five steals to go with those five fouls. It means he's pressing on developing his defensive instincts. I'd rather he use this time now, while he's in high school, to discover his limits on defense on the assumption that he'll learn from it & not make those kind of mistakes when he arrives at SU...or fewer, anyway...

I didn’t realize he had 6 but he tries to get too cute or fancy sometimes. That’s part of his “charm” but he needs to learn when to dial it down and I think that will happen. His midcourt alley oop pass for a dunk was a highlight but not something JB would tolerate as it’s probably going to go awry 90% of the time.
From some much earlier videos of Copeland during his recruitment, I couldn’t help but laugh at some of the stuff he tried and imagined JB’s reaction to it. It should be interesting for sure trying to tame him especially being in the pg role. I hope he’s looking forward to being coached and realizes his game needs more discipline and better judgement to fulfill his great potential. It could be a wild ride but really rewarding to watch him develop.

We have a box score. IMG only committed 5 fouls. All by Copeland. Lol.

There is no way that's true, you can't trust high school box scores.

But if we are going by what is there, our two guys combined to shoot 70% from the filed while scoring 32 points and 9 assists ... pretty good for a first game.

Agree 6 turnovers and 5 fouls - the turnovers are particularly concerning for a point guard. Hopefully the coaches and Copeland work on cleaning that up.
I see a lot of Lazarus Sims in Copeland. Lots of talent, not so much good judgement.

Z finally put it together his senior season at Syracuse. I hope Quadir 'gets it' sooner than Lazarus did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom