Class of 2022 - PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 62 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the years I've seen way too many recruits disappear to let myself get excited until they are on campus and in the Dome. We've had a lot of talent come from Philly over the years.

Right he wasn’t even running back on half the plays. The teaching of basketball has gotten so bad

Yeah and I'm not impressed by IMG so far at all. Looks like they didn't do much for Benny and will be curious on JT and QC when they get to campus.

Jesse for sure has been great so that was a good find, whether his time their did much not sure.

Joe is all defensive team compared to this guy. He‘s totally uninterested in guarding anyone. As in terrible.
Coaches have to get him to buy in first, before he will ever make an impact on the floor here. This is a process that could take a couple years before he puts it together. It’s not just defensively, I’m afraid it’s offensively too.

But this kid definitely has the potential to be special if he can buy in mentally and work hard on his game, at both ends.

5 mpg, or 5 minutes all season?
Mpg. Joe is playing every minute next year if buddy doesn’t come back. And then symir will be at point and move Joe to the 2. But I don’t see QC playing at all of any sort of impact.

It’s not just a quadir thing or IMG playing D like that either. Unfortunately, It’s a majority of that team and it’s an infestation of the youth game itself. Disgusting what the game has turned into. Dudes who played at section 9 class D high schools 3 years of JV think they can teach and coach kids to success but just teach them into the ground. One of the biggest issue now a days is how much of a joke coaching is. people getting scammed everyday out here by coaches, trainers and AAU programs.

Mpg. Joe is playing every minute next year if buddy doesn’t come back. And then symir will be at point and move Joe to the 2.
so how does that backcourt configuration and distribution of minutes look if we get Mintz?

Mpg. Joe is playing every minute next year if buddy doesn’t come back. And then symir will be at point and move Joe to the 2. But I don’t see QC playing at all of any sort of impact.
I do. he has skills you can't teach. I agree about effort and D but that is easily changed. 6 6 with a great handle and length is going to play more than 5 per game if Buddy is gone. Now if we land the new kid maybe not but as it stands today, he is going to play.

If we don't land Mintz it's quite likely that Symir will start at PG next season with Joe moving off the ball to Buddy's SG spot. It doesn't appear that either Taylor or Copeland is ready to play substantial minutes as freshmen. Staff needs to bring in a third guard who can play at a high level either from high school or the portal.

I mean, he's at a top flight academy - they're not teaching this?

It sure doesn't seem they are doing too well with the post grad team pending how these guys look next year. If QC and JT come in and immediately it's clear they won't be playing its a big hit to our recruiting again and to me, a sign IMG is not where we want our kids going or where we should be targeting. Going 1/4 in 3 years (Jesse the 1) would not be great and it's hard to point to IMG with Jesse given his growth has mostly happened on campus.

It sure doesn't seem they are doing too well with the post grad team pending how these guys look next year. If QC and JT come in and immediately it's clear they won't be playing its a big hit to our recruiting again and to me, a sign IMG is not where we want our kids going or where we should be targeting. Going 1/4 in 3 years (Jesse the 1) would not be great and it's hard to point to IMG with Jesse given his growth has mostly happened on campus.
Did Edwards even spend a full season with IMG? I know he was only in the US for like a handful of months when we got him.

It's sick and wrong but I'd take 5 mpg if it means we're going a legit 4 deep on the guard lines most games.

Feels a little uncomfortable to see our fans eating our young before they even get to campus.

Not at all- if anything just objective analysis from what we are seeing. We all want them coming in and looking great.

Not starting as a freshman doesn't make a recruit a failure!

Edwards didn't play at all as a freshman and little as a sophomore. 305 minutes total in both seasons, including his run in the tournaments last year.

Would you call Edwards a bust?

Kindly Back off the kids, especially if they haven't even graduated high school!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom