Class of 2022 - PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not starting as a freshman doesn't make a recruit a failure!

Edwards didn't play at all as a freshman and little as a sophomore. 305 minutes total in both seasons, including his run in the tournaments last year.

Would you call Edwards a bust?

Kindly Back off the kids, especially if they haven't even graduated high school!
That’s all true but you can’t really blame people for getting nervous considering the transfer culture we live in now/the recent missed we’ve had.

Not starting as a freshman doesn't make a recruit a failure!

Edwards didn't play at all as a freshman and little as a sophomore. 305 minutes total in both seasons, including his run in the tournaments last year.

Would you call Edwards a bust?

Kindly Back off the kids, especially if they haven't even graduated high school!

Haven't at all seen or myself alluded to a kid being a bust. Just not as ready as we would hope in year 1, meaning not as many minutes and then concern we might lose some of the class before they have a chance to develop because of the portal culture.

Haven't at all seen or myself alluded to a kid being a bust. Just not as ready as we would hope in year 1, meaning not as many minutes and then concern we might lose some of the class before they have a chance to develop because of the portal culture.

I wasn't specifically responding to any one post or posters.

The thread of conversation had taken a nasty turn regarding our future prospects.

A ton of players are transferring every year. But a ton of kids also are waiting their turn, working hard and blowing up later in their careers. Right now, we have Edwards who's done that, and Frank Anselem who looks like he's about to turn the corner.

I do. he has skills you can't teach. I agree about effort and D but that is easily changed. 6 6 with a great handle and length is going to play more than 5 per game if Buddy is gone. Now if we land the new kid maybe not but as it stands today, he is going to play.

I would agree with you if we had the Coach Boeheim of 10+ years ago, where we were good enough that the bench players could develop in the first 10 games of the year, before the rotations got tightened.

I see the same things you see in Copeland; he's got swag, he uses his body really well in the lane, and he really sees the pass.

Of course, total disinterest on defense won't get you playing time for ANY college team in America, so that's on him. He also used to make the "hot dog" play too often at AAU and HS level. Those are the things that could make him prime suspect for next year's edition of "Who's In Boeheim's Dog House"?

I would agree with you if we had the Coach Boeheim of 10+ years ago, where we were good enough that the bench players could develop in the first 10 games of the year, before the rotations got tightened.

I see the same things you see in Copeland; he's got swag, he uses his body really well in the lane, and he really sees the pass.

Of course, total disinterest on defense won't get you playing time for ANY college team in America, so that's on him. He also used to make the "hot dog" play too often at AAU and HS level. Those are the things that could make him prime suspect for next year's edition of "Who's In Boeheim's Dog House"?

Maybe it's just the clips but can't remember a recruit who so blatantly looks on film to treat playing defense like it would spread CoVid.

That is with saying I really like his game and potential as a PG on offense

Maybe it's just the clips but can't remember a recruit who so blatantly looks on film to treat playing defense like it would spread CoVid.

That is with saying I really like his game and potential as a PG on offense

He's got some Pearl Washington in his game. But he is lacking in some really important areas. I hope he "gets it", because he could be really good.

He's got some Pearl Washington in his game. But he is lacking in some really important areas. I hope he "gets it", because he could be really good.
There was a point in his recruitment that I really didn't want him, because I thought he was too flashy and he wouldn't be able to rein it in. But, then I watched videos of him speaking and he seemed much more humble than I expected. I think that the AAU style allows guys to play very flashy and selfishly. I think he will surprise us with his defensive effort once he gets to Syracuse. At his size and with his athleticism, if he just keeps his arms up and moves his feet, he will be incredibly disruptive.

There was a point in his recruitment that I really didn't want him, because I thought he was too flashy and he wouldn't be able to rein it in. But, then I watched videos of him speaking and he seemed much more humble than I expected. I think that the AAU style allows guys to play very flashy and selfishly. I think he will surprise us with his defensive effort once he gets to Syracuse. At his size and with his athleticism, if he just keeps his arms up and moves his feet, he will be incredibly disruptive.

That all sounds a LOT like a former PG we had around here recently, who seemed allergic to playing D in HS, and his motor and work ethic were questioned -

yet, he turned out to be more than adequate on D

(while he was here :(, even if the HC was somehow not aware of what ALL of our eyes were telling us. :rolleyes: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom