Class of 2022 - PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea when that call to JAB was? Weeks ago? Yesterday? Somewhere in between? Just wondering.

Great get. Maybe its because i only see Orange but our family connection on the staff and former players seems better than any other top program...

To be fair and to call a spade a spade, it was pretty warranted early on. He was whiffing on a lot of recruits and the bridesmaid to many. But he has done really well lately and hopefully can keep the momentum up. Have to give credit where credit is due, well done G-Mac.
It was nonsense then and it remains nonsense.

Any idea when that call to JAB was? Weeks ago? Yesterday? Somewhere in between? Just wondering.

Great get. Maybe its because i only see Orange but our family connection on the staff and former players seems better than any other top program...
It has to be recent, he didn't decide on 8/10 until recently and that call referenced August tenth.

JB: "myyy favoriteeeee point guard!"

Great system fit for us. He still needs to refine certain aspects of his game, but he's athletic and big, and sees the floor very well. Probably not a first-year starting candidate, but a kid who could be exceptional in our system down the road..
Yup. Needs to concentrate on making the right plays, not the flashy ones. Could easily see a similar career path here as MCW.

Is there a different video than the one started with - and n- bombs?? I was not able to continue with that one.

For people that wonder why kids take so long to commit and pick the right school, look at that video and understand it is the biggest decision of their young life for them and their family. That was an awesome video and really puts into context the craziness of recruiting and go through everything with your family. Welcome aboard. Love this kid
Great points. I love seeing the videos showing the real life of the kids/families. This is such a big moment in their lives.

When my son (Mr. Boots that many here knew when he was 2 going to board events and is now a 6'4 college pitcher) called me the morning after he got back from a visit telling me he was 100% sure he wanted to commit. We talked through all the pros and cons we could think of and it was clear he was sure he wanted to go there. It is one of my favorite memories hearing how much he wanted to go there and talking everything through with him. He committed right after our call.

I’m very excited about the signing. The kid wanted Cuse in the worst way, unlike Kadary who came here almost as an afterthought when other options disappeared. More importantly this is the kind of kid who will continue to get better and should be here for multiple years. I also think that he may have a higher ceiling than people realize and playing with better players and against greater competition at IMG should help him reach his potential and be ready for college.

You have to give the staff and Gerry in particular credit for discovering this kid early in the process. These guys know how to find talent. That head-start clearly paid off in this case.

I’m very excited about the signing. The kid wanted Cuse in the worst way, unlike Kadary who came here almost as an afterthought when other options disappeared. More importantly this is the kind of kid who will continue to get better and should be here for multiple years. I also think that he may have a higher ceiling than people realize and playing with better players and against greater competition at IMG should help him reach his potential and be ready for college.

You have to give the staff and Gerry in particular credit for discovering this kid early in the process. These guys know how to find talent. That head-start clearly paid off in this case.
Epic fail with respect to that Kadary analogy.

I do think Quadir has a stronger bond and connection with staff vs what Kadary had but some of that is because of the time we recruited him hard. As for wanting Cuse that is not correct. Clearly Kadary wanted Cuse very much so as well. Then things just didn't work out. But to say Quadir wanted SU more is complete speculation and in all honesty doesn't align with what Kadary said back when he committed.

I do think Quadir has a stronger bond and connection with staff vs what Kadary had but some of that is because of the time we recruited him hard. As for wanting Cuse that is not correct. Clearly Kadary wanted Cuse very much so as well. Then things just didn't work out. But to say Quadir wanted SU more is complete speculation and in all honesty doesn't align with what Kadary said back when he committed.
I respectfully disagree. If you go back and look at his recruitment we really were not that involved until Jackson went to Yukon and Kadary was looking for a home. On the flip-side Copeland has been all in from jump. Can’t wait to see him play here.

Um, I think you’re very confused about Kadary’s recruitment. Cuse was not an afterthought for HIM. We were his dream school since early in his high school career. He’s talked about this many times. That’s why he jumped to commit to Cuse not long after he received the offer (before he had even visited!). Our staff were the ones who dragged their feet in offering him because we assumed that we’d be getting Andre Jackson (and so did most recruiting gurus) until Hurley swooped in and put on the full court press. Kadary wanted Cuse for a long time but we never offered him until early fall of 2019.

I respectfully disagree. If you go back and look at his recruitment we really were not that involved until Jackson went to Yukon and Kadary was looking for a home. On the flip-side Copeland has been all in from jump. Can’t wait to see him play here.

How long we were involved wasn't the discussion it was how much he wanted Cuse which was far more than you are saying.

Quadir was just on IG Live and just enjoying the moment at home chopping it up about Boeheim and the Cuse. He is all Orange. Telling everyone how great it's going to be playing for a HOF Coach.. and that he doesn't lose.

Someone asked him where he would've gone had he not selected Syracuse. He said definitely OSU (Oklahoma State)... Big Guard U as he said. But he is so excited to be committed to SU!

Come on man... Let's just enjoy the kids commit without shading anybody else. I agree with all of your other comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom