Class of 2023 - PG Trey Autry (Jamesville-Dewitt / OH) Verbal to George Washington | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PG Trey Autry (Jamesville-Dewitt / OH) Verbal to George Washington

Some full game film of him and Autry at WRA. Owens is #12 and Autry is #0.
Watched this one as well as the Columbus Academy game this morning. Columbus Academy looks bad and just totally outmatched, so not too much to take away from that one. Life Christian Academy is decently well known/has athletes to hang with these guys, so that was a much more interesting watch.

Owens stood out in both games while Autry was pretty quiet in both. In total, Owens unofficially had (across the two games):
  • 32 points on 12/17 two pointers (all but 1 of those coming at the rim), 1/2 three pointers, and 5/7 FT shooting for a TS% of 72.5%
  • 11 rebounds
  • 3 assists to 0 turnovers
  • 1 block and 2 steals
Autry finished the two games with:
  • 16 points on 2/3 two pointers (all at the rim), 4/4 three pointers, and 0/1 FT shooting for a TS% of 107.5%.
  • 5 rebounds
  • 3 assists to 2 turnovers
  • 1 block and 2 steals
Owens didn't get to show too much off the dribble in these two games, though he had a couple nice drives down the stretch against Life Christian. He had a couple big dunks as well (I'm going to try to add those clips in here later). When WRA went to a 2-3 zone, he played on the wing this time around. I like the way he closed out when playing in the zone; he sort of funneled his opponent back into the heart of the zone instead of giving up the baseline. One thing that kinda stands out in the negative is that whether it's just his physical strength or it's his hands, he seems to fumble a lot of rebounds. Still though, the tools he has to develop these next couple years in high school are really impressive. You could hear parents in the crowd murmuring about how good he's going to be.

Autry was very efficient but as you can see, he just didn't do all that much. Against Columbus Academy, he was just kinda out there and that game got out of hand pretty quickly so probably not the end of the world. Against Life Christian, he didn't attempt a shot in the first half and ultimately finished with 0 assists as well, so needless to say, it was a mostly quiet night. He hit three 3 pointers in a couple minute stretch in the 3rd quarter and ended up getting a technical after the last of them (it seemed like he may have said something to the ref about a foul but not entirely sure as the camera panned away from him just as it happened). Autry was subsequently benched for the rest of the game (probably the last 10-12 minutes of game time) and you could hear his coach saying "I've been coaching for 15 years and never seen a kid get T'd up. You have two in the last three games." And one of the parents was overheard talking about Autry's bad attitude. I haven't really noticed anything standing out in that regard, but might be something to keep an eye on moving forwards.

Great stuff Melancer. I almost wonder if it makes sense to have a recruiting tape thread pinned to put your videos and analysis in. Mods? Thoughts?

Great stuff Melancer. I almost wonder if it makes sense to have a recruiting tape thread pinned to put your videos and analysis in. Mods? Thoughts?
I'm happy to throw that together if we'd like. I wish you could embed more than one video in a post but I suppose I could just post the links instead of embedding them. I wasn't really sure how expansive I was going to be with all of this when I first started breaking games down lol.

I'm happy to throw that together if we'd like. I wish you could embed more than one video in a post but I suppose I could just post the links instead of embedding them. I wasn't really sure how expansive I was going to be with all of this when I first started breaking games down lol.

Yeah was just a thought and maybe you don't have to go into 8 different threads and double post etc since it is your time you are offering to do all this.

I think if you just drop the URL for videos and they are from places like Youtube or Hudl, the video will end up embedded in the post just as if you had directly embedded it.

That is how it works for me when I have done this in the past...

Watched this one as well as the Columbus Academy game this morning. Columbus Academy looks bad and just totally outmatched, so not too much to take away from that one. Life Christian Academy is decently well known/has athletes to hang with these guys, so that was a much more interesting watch.

Owens stood out in both games while Autry was pretty quiet in both. In total, Owens unofficially had (across the two games):
  • 32 points on 12/17 two pointers (all but 1 of those coming at the rim), 1/2 three pointers, and 5/7 FT shooting for a TS% of 72.5%
  • 11 rebounds
  • 3 assists to 0 turnovers
  • 1 block and 2 steals
Autry finished the two games with:
  • 16 points on 2/3 two pointers (all at the rim), 4/4 three pointers, and 0/1 FT shooting for a TS% of 107.5%.
  • 5 rebounds
  • 3 assists to 2 turnovers
  • 1 block and 2 steals
Owens didn't get to show too much off the dribble in these two games, though he had a couple nice drives down the stretch against Life Christian. He had a couple big dunks as well (I'm going to try to add those clips in here later). When WRA went to a 2-3 zone, he played on the wing this time around. I like the way he closed out when playing in the zone; he sort of funneled his opponent back into the heart of the zone instead of giving up the baseline. One thing that kinda stands out in the negative is that whether it's just his physical strength or it's his hands, he seems to fumble a lot of rebounds. Still though, the tools he has to develop these next couple years in high school are really impressive. You could hear parents in the crowd murmuring about how good he's going to be.

Autry was very efficient but as you can see, he just didn't do all that much. Against Columbus Academy, he was just kinda out there and that game got out of hand pretty quickly so probably not the end of the world. Against Life Christian, he didn't attempt a shot in the first half and ultimately finished with 0 assists as well, so needless to say, it was a mostly quiet night. He hit three 3 pointers in a couple minute stretch in the 3rd quarter and ended up getting a technical after the last of them (it seemed like he may have said something to the ref about a foul but not entirely sure as the camera panned away from him just as it happened). Autry was subsequently benched for the rest of the game (probably the last 10-12 minutes of game time) and you could hear his coach saying "I've been coaching for 15 years and never seen a kid get T'd up. You have two in the last three games." And one of the parents was overheard talking about Autry's bad attitude. I haven't really noticed anything standing out in that regard, but might be something to keep an eye on moving forwards.
I’m gonna be honest i dont know if it’s just me but I’m more interested about the coach who has never had a player had a tech in 15 years of coaching. How in the hell is this possible? He has to be lying there’s just no way.

Eybl last night

630BBB97-ABCC-4BEF-ADCB-C60DF61BFCDB.png

Trey didn’t score in the 1st half so he must have had a nice 2nd half. Wagner didn’t shoot very well but had a lot of assists.
Trey came in and started firing in the second half. I think that was the City Rocks' plan to try to get back in the game. I thought Trey looked really good in the second half. He was rebounding with the big front line of Team Durant. he only got 3 rebounds, but at least was in a crowd of big guys.

Question: Is Cuse represented at EYBL this session? Anyone hear of the staff being at these games? I see a smattering of other programs represented. Is the staff at UA Next? Just wondering if anyone had info

Question: Is Cuse represented at EYBL this session? Anyone hear of the staff being at these games? I see a smattering of other programs represented. Is the staff at UA Next? Just wondering if anyone had info
We had an assistant at the EYBL games last night. Just not sure which one. I know we had JB and multiple guys watching Estrella as well.

1 asst is at EYBL watching Flowers. JB and 2 asts are in Indy watching Estrella and Jackson.

Take a look at the totals on the above game scoring sheet for both teams. Sometimes he gets it right and others? I don't get it! The official scorer must not know how to add.
If Trey is 5-11 FG = 10 PTS and 4-9 3PT = 12 = 22 TP. How does he end up with 14 on the above score sheet?
Are they scoring a 3 as 1PT? 5-11= 10, 4-9 = 4 =14?

Take a look at the totals on the above game scoring sheet for both teams. Sometimes he gets it right and others? I don't get it! The official scorer must not know how to add.
If Trey is 5-11 FG = 10 PTS and 4-9 3PT = 12 = 22 TP. How does he end up with 14 on the above score sheet?
The 5-11 is the total. Four of the five shots he made were three pointers. Only one two point shot.

As orangefog said. It adds up.

The 5-11 is the total. Four of the five shots he made were three pointers. Only one two point shot.
I get it, but it's the first time I've seen a sheet like this. The key is "total" as you pointed out fog, thanks. I think it should be separate for FG and for 3PT then totaled - it's what I'm used to seeing.

I don't care where he's ranked, I want Trey on our roster. The kid is a winner. Although I dislike the need to compare all of our recruits to previous players, I think the Triche comparisons work.