Class of 2023 - PG Trey Autry (Jamesville-Dewitt / OH) Verbal to George Washington | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PG Trey Autry (Jamesville-Dewitt / OH) Verbal to George Washington

They wouldn't have to use a scholly on him would they because his dad works for the University, am I correct?

It’s 95% of tuition. Still have to pay for room, board, books, fees etc. And you lose out on the pluses like cost of attendance etc.

Up until this weekend, the highest profile offers he had were from A-10 schools.

Now that he's been "discovered", the major offers will pour in.

Which is the last thing Syracuse wanted to see happen. We were probably hoping Trey stayed under the radar.
Why? Of course he wants to play for his dad and Cuse. This seems like a no brainer, no matter who else we’re recruiting in 2023.

Maybe he knows something about who is not going to be the next head coach at SU.

Another very Triche like quality and agree. Plus you just don't find a lot of guards that built as frosh.
Exactly. He isn't all that flashy, but he wins games. He just seems to me like the kind of player you just can't keep off the court, because when he is out there, he makes a difference in a ton of different ways.

I'm telling you, the kid's a winner. We will regret it if we don't get him.
It just seems like a no brainer that he would play at Syracuse, no matter who else we bring in in 2023. After coaching Buddy and Jimmy, I just can’t imagine that JB would begrudge Red the chance to coach his son if he’s a high major player.

It just seems like a no brainer that he would play at Syracuse, no matter who else we bring in in 2023. After coaching Buddy and Jimmy, I just can’t imagine that JB would begrudge Red the chance to coach his son if he’s a high major player.

Who said it would be JB begrudging Red?

Doesn't sound like young Autry & Cuse is a slam dunk...

The lack of recruiting is presumably due to the assumption that Autry will inevitably follow his father and play at Syracuse, but he says that won’t happen.

“No, that’s not the case,” he said. “It’s not a consideration.”

Asked if he thought the perception that he would follow his dad was the cause of not hearing from more schools, he could only smile and say “I hope so. I like to think I’m pretty decent.”

Unlike many father-son coaching dynamics the recruiting world has seen in recent years, Autry says both he and his father are aligned in this case.

“He wants me to be able to pave my own path and do my own thing,” he said. “I’m just looking for a program where I can come in right away and be a contributor.”

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

"Red & Trey don't want Cuse which must mean Red isn't going to be the next head coach when he's in college, GMac confirmed."

Doesn't sound like young Autry & Cuse is a slam dunk...

The lack of recruiting is presumably due to the assumption that Autry will inevitably follow his father and play at Syracuse, but he says that won’t happen.

“No, that’s not the case,” he said. “It’s not a consideration.”

Asked if he thought the perception that he would follow his dad was the cause of not hearing from more schools, he could only smile and say “I hope so. I like to think I’m pretty decent.”

Unlike many father-son coaching dynamics the recruiting world has seen in recent years, Autry says both he and his father are aligned in this case.

“He wants me to be able to pave my own path and do my own thing,” he said. “I’m just looking for a program where I can come in right away and be a contributor.”

Interesting. Is that some salesmanship here? Or really where the thinking is..

Most parents from my experience will say that to their child, encouraging them to look at various schools besides their own alma mater, while hoping their child ultimately will choose it of their own volition.

The reality is that both Red and Trey saw up close and personal the hell our fan base put the Boeheim’s through. Why would anyone sign themselves up for that?

Ya, that record breaking fan support JB has had for 46 years has really hindered him in building the program.

It really isn’t cool to trash Coach Boeheim! No Boeheim, no Cuse legacy. Fact. The new 3 point game is undermining his zone he is stubbornly sticking th 24/7.