Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 116 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

Also he who doesn't love the nickname Kid Mamba. It doesn't rip off Kill Bill completely like Kobe did and it oozes an assassin on the court.

Don't ruin this for me
We all eat this in our lives, but he has a huge piece coming. Also an apology to Jake.
upload_2015-7-13_12-26-16.jpeg

This is our biggest recruit since Carmelo. I am so excited. I am thinking we are a heavy favorite in 206-17 season!

That's what they said about McCullough. Although in fairness, I am much more excited about Battle than McCullough, having seen both play in person.

Ok. I had to bring this up again...And then tomcat replied I hope Tyus thinks about it...Well I think he and more so his father thought about it, and decided that Tyus had to be around this special person at SU. He decommiedt from UMich on the anniversary of Orangeyes surgery. I really and honestly think this story had a hand in this. Besides the distance from home, etc. When I am in town in October, someone has to get me together with Mike Hopkins and I want to ask him if he remembers this and what was the Battles reaction after we walked away!!
I was going to bring this up if you didn't.

Yes, I think it surely played a role in Tyus's decision. It is one year and one day since we lost Dan. I bet he made the decision on the arriversary.

I consider this Dan's last gift to the program he loved so much. With a fine assist from you and Mike of course...

Thanks Tyus. And Mike. And llandz too!

The other key was the chancellor's decision to officially name Mike JB's successor. The uncertainty was hurting recruiting. Now there is clarity and this will be reflected in our recruiting. I consider Tyus Mike's first recruit as an SU HC, even though he might never serve as TB's HC.

It is a good day to be Orange. War Damn Otto NCAA!

You know what I'm excited about? We finally have a guy who's gonna be in the McDonald's game whose game actually fits the All-Star game atmosphere. No more guys scoring 2 or 3 points! Mamba will absolutely be one of those guys who winds up scoring like 20 in that setting.

So now the obvious question(s)... We all thought Battle was waiting for the appeal to go through. That being said, do the coaches already know the appeal decision and they've communicated said decision to Battle and his dad? Otherwise I assume a plan is in place to free up a scholarship if the appeal is denied, and this has also been communicated to the Battles.

That's what they said about McCullough. Although in fairness, I am much more excited about Battle than McCullough, having seen both play in person.

I agree. However in Tyus' case I think he is more of an impact player in our system. We all saw what a difference a tall point guard can make in our system. You can make an argument for McCullough if we compared both at the time of commitment, but knowing what we know now, I say Tyus is our biggest get in 13 years!

Great get for us. His original commitment was rushed, and after more thought, Tyus and the family felt we were the best place.

Love his versatility and I think he has a great chance to be a leader. I don't think he's one and done either...or at least it's not a forgone conclusion.

Great get for us. His original commitment was rushed, and after more thought, Tyus and the family felt we were the best place.

Love his versatility and I think he has a great chance to be a leader. I don't think he's one and done either...or at least it's not a forgone conclusion.

Now the big question is Diagne...

Hoping its more rumor than truth, but the fact that we are somewhat interested in a 2015 PF has me very, very worried.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom