Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 117 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

Jake said:
Great get for us. His original commitment was rushed, and after more thought, Tyus and the family felt we were the best place.

Love his versatility and I think he has a great chance to be a leader. I don't think he's one and done either...or at least it's not a forgone conclusion.

If we can land Michael Porter Jr., you would think he would have to seriously consider coming back for his sophomore year to make a run. Even more so if we were lucky enough to get Bamba and Duval as well.

This situation is the exact same thing as purchasing a new car on a whim, or sleeping on it overnight. I was recently in the market for a new car. I was ready to pull the trigger right there in the dealership but thought better of it and slept on it. The dealership manager did his best to keep me there until I made the purchase. The next day I knew I wanted a different car and I have been happy with it ever since. In any case where there is a big decision, it is always best to sleep on it. Always. This kid made the right decision for everybody involved, including his family. Michigan made no sense. We are a NBA guard factory here in Cuse.

Last edited:
boom-goes-the-dynamite-geeksandcleats.jpg

If we can land Michael Porter Jr., you would think he would have to seriously consider coming back for his sophomore year to make a run. Even more so if we were lucky enough to get Bamba and Duval as well.
I mean, does Battle want to win 2 NCs before becoming a perennial NBA All-Star, or just one? Tough call.

I mean, does Battle want to win 2 NCs before becoming a perennial NBA All-Star, or just one? Tough call.
"Mr. Dekins, do you want your sons to go to Harvard, or Yale?"

Put a little hula girl on his desk and it'd have been Mr. Hopkins, if you please.

Sorry I'm not able and knowledgable enough to post as well as some of you but I'm participating in the celebration!!!!

National title 2017???? Another "one shining moment"????

Great get for us. His original commitment was rushed, and after more thought, Tyus and the family felt we were the best place.

Love his versatility and I think he has a great chance to be a leader. I don't think he's one and done either...or at least it's not a forgone conclusion.

VERY interesting. Obviously, he's got the prototype size / game to be a one-and-done wing. Any idea what might factor into his thought process about potentially staying longer?

VERY interesting. Obviously, he's got the prototype size / game to be a one-and-done wing. Any idea what might factor into his thought process about potentially staying longer?

Maybe the reason is Battle could be a little raw as a point guard. He always looked to me like a college wing. Maybe the extra year will improve his lead guard resume.

If he wants to play PG here and in the NBA he needs to improve his ballhandling.

Sorry I'm not able and knowledgable enough to post as well as some of you but I'm participating in the celebration!!!!

National title 2017???? Another "one shining moment"????

So you're feeling better about our chances of landing Tyus now? :)

Maybe the extra year will improve his lead guard resume.
and hopefully he'll be able to play a lot of PG this coming highschool season and put in the work between now and Oct '16

I thought his lost year was basically he had 4 years to complete 3 instead of the usual 5 years to complete 4. He still redshirted his first year and should have 2 seasons of eligibility left. I think.

Instead of being 5 to play 4, he became 4 to play 4.

He sat out his frosh year, and played last season.

He should have two seasons left.

orangefog said:
mamba and Bamba is a must have

So you're feeling better about our chances of landing Tyus now? :)
I'm liking our chances :D

Seriously though, and objectively speaking, my friends are telling me Syracuse will be seriously loaded when Tyus is a freshman. Is it fair to say we'd be ranked #1 or the favorites to win it all? I know anything can happen in March/April but is it realistic to think we have a good shot at the national title?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom